• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
My third Shiny through PokeRadar turns out to be a pink Dunsparce!

Another Question: The Shiny patch appeared to me four tries before I hit chain 40. Does that mean the chain resetted anyway, even if I reached chain 40 after catching the Shiny four chains less ago?

Zygen

I honestly never knew channing existed in D/P/Pt so i never did it, but i know about it now somewhat.

I have not attempted any poke radar chainning, frankly i don't know if i totally understand it, i might have to try it myself to see if i can get it.

Chain fishing i get though. I already have a octiliary with suction cups for that, i did it once, i got like a chain of like 15 or something idk. I didn't get anything and really haven't done any since, i'll have to try for it some more though.

Hopefully i'll end up with a shiny at one point when/if i do it.

Onion_The_Purple_Ivysaur

I haz anntteenneeee
So I just want to say thankyou to everyone who has contributed to this thread!!

I've been playing Poke'mon since Red/Blue came out in the states and I have only found two shiny pokemon before the friend Safari. (I have found 5 now) and I was just able to chain my first ever shiny! It's a ducklett! I found the shiny grass on like chin 14 though...BUT THAT'S OKAY.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
I finally caught a shiny using the PokeRadar method. I tried unsuccessfully to get a skiddo so I settled for Bunnelby. I got a chain of 32 when I ran into Zapdos and was so scared my chain was broken but I kept on anyway. After I reached a chain of 40 I kept recharging until I saw the shiny patch and a shiny Bunnelby was waiting for me :D

The-Predator

Nothing is True...
I'm on fire. In the past 48 hours I've gotten 4 remoraid, 3 skrelp, 2 horsea, 1 clamperl, 1 chinchou, and a random horde cubchoo. I'm sick of purple remoraid...Anyone else been patient enough with the fishing? The poke radar is too hard for me.

Last edited:

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
This is my favourite generation. I have so many shinies and I've worked really hard to get them (well the pokéradar ones!) And it's nice to see that other players can enjoy shiny hunting with chain fishing, hordes and friend safari even if they think they can't chain with the radar.

wingman32x

After a good break from chaining, I decided to chain again just to stay sharp so to speak.

Chained a shiny Exeggcute on route 12. It was at the beginning of the route where you get Lapras. It took a long time to reach 40 this time, which I'm guessing is because of the smaller amount of grass. Like always it took a long time for the shiny patch to appear, and like always it was on an edge. Catching it went well. I'm pretty meh about Exeggcute in general, but it's an alright shiny. This is my 5th radar shiny.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
Is it normal to recharge a lot during the chaining or am I being overly paranoid with my shaking grass options lol

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Happy day. I got a Shiny Ditto! It's pretty hard to notice the sparkles in a field full of high flowers.

Too bad Transform isn't affected by its shininess. I'd have loved to use it on nearly everything.

Jenksy

Pokemon Princess
So i decided I wanted to try this chain fishing thing and I havent even been at it for 2 hrs and I caught 3 shinies!
Relicanth, cinchou and corsola. I think im 'hooked'! ... xD;;

Rika_of_Thunder

a sleepy creature
Is it normal to recharge a lot during the chaining or am I being overly paranoid with my shaking grass options lol

It's normal lol~!

WHELP I caught a shiny Roselia via chaining!! I'm so happy, he's such a handsome little guy ;u; I had to reset for like a half hour until he finally showed up lol (my poor hand ;A; )

jteune

I never tried shiny hunting until this gen. I successfully used MM for Charmander, chained for Magikarp, Chinchou, and Clauncher, and now I just used MM for a Protean Froakie. I'm loving this gen.

I took a break from MMing for marill, and on the 10th cast of a chain fishing run I bumped into another shiny poliwag. Can not believe how quickly they come for chain fishing. The GTS is full of shiny water pokemon nowadays.

(On a side note, I have a ton of huge power aqua jet adamant marills, if anyone would like one message me!)

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I'm gonna attempt a chain fishing hunt later. I'll probably go hunt in Azure Bay. I'm bad with the Poke Radar, but i'll have to give it another try here soon.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
I follow the 4-7 rule myself which is how I got my Bunnelby and have gotten other chains to 20+. I don't go in grass that is less than 4 tiles away and none more than 7. I avoid edges even when I'm resetting for good measure.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I found a shiny Lanturn after 175 chains! This is the longest hunt I have ever done and thank goodness my chain didn't break!
[spoil]
da896e41-fc25-4aa1-94e3-8f6656b92df7_zpse098a787.jpg
[/spoil]

Last edited:

Kaden_Gingerich

They Call Me Nasty
I just got a completely random shiny Breloom in friend safari!! I was taking a break from chaining for awhile, just checking what Pokemon were in my friend safaris, and he showed up!! I'm looking to try and chain for shiny fairy type soon, anyone have any suggestions on where I should look? Really any fairy type will do

Status
Not open for further replies.