• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheShinyMedicham

Grass Trainer
the PokeRadar is probably the most frustrating part of XY. I can't get more than a chain of like 12 without messing it up..... The best I've done is probably a chain of 15 or so of Roselias.

Try using Emily101's guide on page 28.

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
I got my second shiny from Pokeradar, a shiny Ducklett. I really wanted Spritzee but after accidentally going into a decoy patch at a chain of 30 I just settled for whatever I ran into on the next reset. I got to 40 pretty easily but it took over an hour of resetting to actually get the shiny patch to appear. The day before I got to a chain of 40 on Skiddo but ended up running out of repels while I was resetting for the shiny patch.

alakazam^

RE shiny Flabebe, nice :)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Finally, I got a new Shiny through the radar.

A Shiny, light blue, female Croagunk who will never find a place in my team because of its dismal HP IV and not-so-good nature reducing Atk. Fine then. She's a trophy now.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
Got my spritzee last night a little past 1 AM. I hadn't realized that it was so late. Just like Ducklett it took many many resets after I reached the chain of 40 but it was worth it in the end. Unfortunately its nature and IV's are all junk so its going to be just another trophy. I probably won't evolve it because I want to save my sachet for a good nature/IV'd Spritzee. I'm going to attempt Abra next.

feminist

Fairy Tale Girl
That's a sure way to do it.

But there's the fact that you must check EVERYWHERE you look at for those really hard-to-spot shaking decoy grass patches. It's also a game of reflexes when you want to charge the radar.

Yeah, it's a really good method but I always manage to mess it up. Oh well, I'll keep trying

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I decided to do that fishing chaining with Luvdisc, knocking out normal ones with Greninja and after awhile I came across my second Hoenn shiny pokemon! It is Luvdisc of course, my first shiny from a rod was Whiscash, it is a hardy nature.

alakazam^

Either I have very bad luck at chain 40 for a Swirlix by repeatedly using the radar to make sparkles appear, or I didn't know you could only get one Shiny per day through the radar...
Apparently if you catch a shiny, it resets the chances of appearing another one. This means you have to defeat another 40 ones for max shiny chance.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Apparently if you catch a shiny, it resets the chances of appearing another one. This means you have to defeat another 40 ones for max shiny chance.

No, I didn't catch a Shiny Swirlix at all. I had caught a Shiny Croagunk in a previous chain earlier in the day until I tried to go for a Swirlix in a new chain during the night. Despite spamming the radar at chain 40 (not 41, mind you) for nearly half an hour, no patch sparkled.

Roughneck JB

I thought it just meant Random Encounter (No chaining, MM breeding, or anything), and that they were just boasting. :p

By the way, where's better to chain for Scatterbug? Route 2 or Santalune Forest?

PinkiePieFox

Team Flare Grunt
I don't have time to see if the answer to this question in somewhere in the thread pages so I will just ask it lol Anyways if you access the menu to heal a pokemon or save or something while doing a fishing chain does that break the chain?

So far to my knowledge, no. Neither does the legendary bird break it either I've heard. But and egg hatching or a Pokemon evolving apparently does break it. Best way to know if your chain is broken is if the music goes back to the route music instead of the radar theme.

alakazam^

Could anyone tell me what RE means? :")
RE is Random Encounter.

No, I didn't catch a Shiny Swirlix at all. I had caught a Shiny Croagunk in a previous chain earlier in the day until I tried to go for a Swirlix in a new chain during the night. Despite spamming the radar at chain 40 (not 41, mind you) for nearly half an hour, no patch sparkled.
Oh, I see. Keep at it, then.

By the way, where's better to chain for Scatterbug? Route 2 or Santalune Forest?
I find Route 2 being easier, the angle at Santalune Forest is not so good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.