• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanoZero

Ice Trainer
Does the chain end if you catch a Shiny while chain fishing..? Just caught a Shiny Clauncher c:
Yes, though some people have gotten lucky and encountered shinies right after their latest encounter.

alakazam^

View attachment 11488

I found it MUCH easier, I've only just got my first chain of 40 and caught a shiny pancham, but now im resetting the radar and starting to wonder if my chain has actually ended because I've been resetting for so long now, I remember in 4th gen there was that little app thing at the bottom to keep track of the chain but is there any way to do that in x and y? Because I could just be resetting my radar on a chain of 0 :3
Apparently, the shiny odds reset after you catch one but th e chain still continues.

potaytoe

Apparently, the shiny odds reset after you catch one but th e chain still continues.

damn, so does that mean say at a chain of 40, I find a shiny pokemon and catch it, will I need to get my chain up to 81 for the odds to be that high again just like at 40?

Karma971

I was trying to chain fish a Stary in route 8. I miserably failed and my chain broke twice. Then a shiny Clauncher appeared. I still suck at Pokeradar and chain fish though...

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I was trying to chain fish a Stary in route 8. I miserably failed and my chain broke twice. Then a shiny Clauncher appeared. I still suck at Pokeradar and chain fish though...

you managed to find a shiny. now all there is is room for improvement :) it was hard and confusing for me at first but now i have 4 shinies from fishing and 5 from radar and i couldnt get past a chain of 3 at the beginning.

in fact i have a shiny toxicroak like your avatar, the cool thing about radar is that if you get a shiny at a chain of 40, its guaranteed to have at least 2 perfect IV's and so far ive been blessed with mostly neutral natures on my pokemon which makes them relatively useful in online battles as opposed to getting natures you dont want or mediocre IV'S across the board

Last edited:

Karma971

you managed to find a shiny. now all there is is room for improvement :) it was hard and confusing for me at first but now i have 4 shinies from fishing and 5 from radar and i couldnt get past a chain of 3 at the beginning.

in fact i have a shiny toxicroak like your avatar, the cool thing about radar is that if you get a shiny at a chain of 40, its guaranteed to have at least 2 perfect IV's and so far ive been blessed with mostly neutral natures on my pokemon which makes them relatively useful in online battles as opposed to getting natures you dont want or mediocre IV'S across the board

I've been quite lucky this week with shinies. I also caught two shiny Roggenrolas in hordes while trying to get a sturdy Carbink (that I haven't found yet). I'll evolve them and trade them against something good, I hope.
I envy you. I really really want a shiny Toxicroak for competitive battles along with a shiny Ludicolo. I'll try to breed my Ludicolo with the Masuda method.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
Having difficulty to chain furfrou.. Even I go to fast shaking garss, it still says that it's decoy patch. Never have good luck with radar

I don't get how people can chain with Pokeradar for shinies. It is extremely hard for me, and I'm doing exactly what then say you should do.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I don't get how people can chain with Pokeradar for shinies. It is extremely hard for me, and I'm doing exactly what then say you should do.

what exactly do you do? like step by step because at first i thought the same and i realized i wasnt really doing what everyone said i should. i was sort of doing it but in my own way and i realized there is no other way. i might be able to help you out! i have 5 radar shinies so far.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Attempting to chain fish for a shiny for the first time, how long does it usually take to get one without the shiny charm?

I'll go ahead and be that guy that says.. it's never consistent. it's taken me up to 2 hours before, and it's also taken me as little as 3 minutes. But the cool part is that as long as you do it right, you're basically guaranteed a shiny. I've never not walked away without a shiny from chain fishing if I really want it. good luck :)

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I'll go ahead and be that guy that says.. it's never consistent. it's taken me up to 2 hours before, and it's also taken me as little as 3 minutes. But the cool part is that as long as you do it right, you're basically guaranteed a shiny. I've never not walked away without a shiny from chain fishing if I really want it. good luck :)

Well then, sounds like this is going to be a true trial of my patience. My chain broke after about 20 tries unfortunately =(

Is it true that the shiny rate is higher in Friend Safaris than in the regular routes in the games? Many people says that and the only shiny I got in Pokemon X was found in a Friend Safari.

Also I want to know how does the hordes affect the shiny rate?
I know this may not be the exact thread to ask these questions but it is the one I found more related to the topic

alakazam^

damn, so does that mean say at a chain of 40, I find a shiny pokemon and catch it, will I need to get my chain up to 81 for the odds to be that high again just like at 40?
That's what we think happens.

Having become the Champion on Y today, I went to get the Pokeradar and went to chain Scatterbugs on Route 2, preparing myself for failure. Guess what: first try, chain 22/23, shiny patch :3 got myself a future shiny Monsoon Vivillon.

EDIT: OH, and found a shiny Hoppip on a horde.

Last edited:

Castform07

That's what we think happens.

Having become the Champion on Y today, I went to get the Pokeradar and went to chain Scatterbugs on Route 2, preparing myself for failure. Guess what: first try, chain 22/23, shiny patch :3 got myself a future shiny Monsoon Vivillon.

EDIT: OH, and found a shiny Hoppip on a horde.

CONGRATULATIONS (Y) Day 5 of chaining Hawlucha coming up.....what will come first that or madness!!!

EDIT :- Right after this I had a Random Encounter with a Sigilyph :)

Right best go and find that blasted Hawlucha

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I did manage to chain Fletchling and found a shiny. It makes it my second shiny. My first being Snubull which was a random encounter.

[spoil][/spoil]

I've been hunting for Shiny Charmeleon for 15 days. Went to different fire safari's, other fire Pokemon shined, except Charmeleon. I hope I get it soon, so I can move on to Frogadier...

Well, I bought repels, used them, chained, reset it whenever I was unable to get the patch, and I went to patches that werent 1 or 2 fields away from me, but whenever I knew It was the patch that shook the right way, it would give me a different Pokemon. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

alakazam^

Another shiny Scatterbug :3 (chain of 40)

Status
Not open for further replies.