• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typhlosion1234

can someone explain what im doing wrong with pokeradar? my friend told me the basics, i was never any good at it in gen IV, but i know not to go into patches that are one square around me, i know not to go in any patches that are straight ahead or side ways from my character, i just dont know what im doing wrong, my highest chain is 7 or 8, itd be nice if i could actually score a shiny pancham

Schmmidtty

Schmmidtty
Chain fishing hasn't worked out well for me. I had a suction cup octillary and was on the route right outside of shalom city, fishing between rocks. I went through 146 tries until it finally read that there wasn't a bite. I did everything right. I continued to retry, and just get lucky. I really want to know the chances of hooking a shiny chain fishing. Also adding on top the shiny charm, once the national dex is completed.

Torus333

Fakemon Artist
Believe me
Getting shinies was easy enough. Now with the shiny charm it'll be toooooooo easy..

Does this also have an effect on Chain fishing?

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I think i'm going to go for trade fodder shinies since i've basically caught all the radar shinies I want besides Flabébé. I would like a shiny scraggy but unfortunately I like shinies i can use in competitive play and since scrafty requires drain punch and such for online play, I'd have to breed for it instead. Has anybody had success chaining on route 8? Because i'd like me a shiny malamar or a shiny salamence but I haven't given it a shot.

CallMyName

I think i'm going to go for trade fodder shinies since i've basically caught all the radar shinies I want besides Flabébé. I would like a shiny scraggy but unfortunately I like shinies i can use in competitive play and since scrafty requires drain punch and such for online play, I'd have to breed for it instead. Has anybody had success chaining on route 8? Because i'd like me a shiny malamar or a shiny salamence but I haven't given it a shot.
u can radar inkay in azure bay it has a big grass spot easy there i got 1 inkay there myself :D

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I chain fished up a shiny Clauncher yesterday, which doesn't sound as cool because how many are floating around, but it's to go with my shiny Skrelp that I fished up in Y three months.

Shiny Clauncher

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
I haven't tried horde farming with Sweet Scent yet but I just watched a video on youtube and the uploader says he got 2 shinies in one hour. I'm going to give this a try and then report back here in an hour or so with my results.

EDIT: Holy moly... Guys, 6 minutes in and I've encountered a shiny Trevenant in a horde (there's a Sudowoodo in this horde too just for lols) Wow... I'm gobsmacked. I'll get a photo for proof.

6 minutes... Wow.

And it has Harvest... It is Modest but I can give it a set with no attacking moves. Horde farming is highly recommended. I'll upload a pic in a second.

Crazy... It was like 8 horde encounters.
photo 1 (6).JPG

Last edited:

alakazam^

Found a shiny Doduo in Friend Safari and defeated it.

Fooblez

I really havent had luck chaining pokemon. I try every week for a couple days to chain a shiny tauros or slowpoke and chatot always seems to break my chain around 30 or so. Oddly enough in friend safaris Ive had the luck to catch a shiny Riolu and Aipom in the last few days.

Cutty

Forever now
Got me several more shinies through fishing, and I set a new record for myself w/ 120 chain before a shiny Clamperl broke it off.
The other shinies are Clauncher at 76th and Poliwhirl at 10th cast (for being the lowest shiny catch). All are done by Good Rod and I didn't talk to the guy in the fishing rod yet.
But I've talked to him now and got Super Rod and to my surprise, he recorded my 120 record... so yeah its cool and all.
I don't think I can get higher than that... not that I can't... well yanno, shinies get in the way, you never know when they'll cut you off like the mods in the Ct100 game... xD
I mean, I don't really care for record of course. Shinies are the main reason I chain... xD

Kuroiga

Shiny Hunter
Just hatched a shiny Froakie.

Timid, protean and it's EV's are 31/x/31/31/31/x.
Took me about 75 eggs, so that's pretty good for my first MM shiny :)

Now to EV train it and hope for a good Speed stat!

DCFCdan

Hello to all,

not posted in a few years but decided that with the new Gen out i will get back into it.

I have had no luck with the poke radar this generation. not been able to get to a 40 chain ( highest being 34 ).

Really happy that they introduced the chain fishing method though.

So far i have had a total of of 11 shinys :

Chain fishing : 3x poliwhirl , 1x lanturn , 1 octillery , 1x horsea , 1x Skrelp , 1x Remoraid, 1x Alomomola. My first fishing shiny was a poliwhirl after 4 hooks.

Friend safari R/E - 1x Diggersby which in my opinion looks far better than the normal version

Hoarde encounters via sweet scent - 1x Vanillite

I have never had much luck with the Matsuda Method. Does the ditto have to be foreign or can it be the other pokemon?

DCFCdan

Just hatched a shiny Froakie.

Timid, protean and it's EV's are 31/x/31/31/31/x.
Took me about 75 eggs, so that's pretty good for my first MM shiny :)

Now to EV train it and hope for a good Speed stat!

Grats on the shiny Froakie, that is one at the top of my list for sure.

AwesomeGrovyle

Local Cryptid
I caught a shiny Poliwhirl while fishing. Chain lasted only 8 turns. I also have a shiny Clawitzer, but I don't remember how long the chain was.

Status
Not open for further replies.