• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bathrezz

I can confirm that if any of the legendary birds appear, they will not break your chain. Have had it happen twice.

cwertle

Don't Blink!
Resetting in chaining: Is it just not entering a patch and walking around and using the radar again? Also, do you need to walk in grass when you do this?

Also, is masuda method or chaining "better"?

Last edited:

Primera Stark

Wicked like Gengar
Any way to prevent different pokemon from appearing instead? Keeps breaking my chains, highest I have gotten is about 10

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Finally managed to get my first Radar shiny in X. After several attempts and a chain break at 37, I managed to get a chain of 40 Pancham. Caught it and tried resetting for another one. It does seem you can't get more than 1 shiny from a chain as stated by several other people, as I got nothing after over an hour of resetting.

I too noticed that edges won't break your chain and now testing if the 4-zone rule really has been left out. Would make things a lot faster :)

Astarael

I've been having terrible luck using the Poke Radar - I was able to use it (relatively) successfully back in Platinum, but it doesn't help that grassy patches tend to be smaller in X/Y. Ah well, perhaps eventually I'll get lucky. I wouldn't mind a shiny Litleo!

Bathrezz

Keep going, a shiny will appear at any moment!

and does anyone know if the Lucky charm for shinies had any benefits for the radar?

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Keep going, a shiny will appear at any moment!

and does anyone know if the Lucky charm for shinies had any benefits for the radar?

If you mean the Shiny Charm from B2/W2, it's currently unknown wheter it's still in the games, as it's impossible to complete the National Dex without PokeBank. I personally don't think it makes a return in X/Y.

Shouldn't I keep reseting pokeradar on 40th chain? :p

Yeah, at 40 you should stop entering patches unless you see a shiny patch. It seems that you can only get 1 shiny every chain in these games, I've heard lots of people trying to get a second one but got nothing after hours of resetting. I myself have been resetting for a second shiny Pancham for over an hour with no luck, so I decided to end the chain.

pikkichu

Got 2 shiny skrelp on one fishing chain last night, the first one came around the 5th chain, I seem to only find shinies on early chains rather than late ones with high chances xD

Though it may be bad luck but I had a suction cup fainted inkay and timid synchro kadabra after, but its ability didn't work on either skrelp, got a jolly and bold one, does synchro somehow not work when its not in the first slot even though its the one that battles?

Bathrezz

I believe there is a glitch in the very last row of the purple flowers infront of the daycare. It has happened at least 3times now. I toggle the radar anywhere on the last row and no rustling grass appears breaking my chain

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Got 2 shiny skrelp on one fishing chain last night, the first one came around the 5th chain, I seem to only find shinies on early chains rather than late ones with high chances xD

Though it may be bad luck but I had a suction cup fainted inkay and timid synchro kadabra after, but its ability didn't work on either skrelp, got a jolly and bold one, does synchro somehow not work when its not in the first slot even though its the one that battles?

For Synchronizing Natures to work, it must be at e front of the Party, which means that Suction Cups won't work.

I believe there is a glitch in the very last row of the purple flowers infront of the daycare. It has happened at least 3times now. I toggle the radar anywhere on the last row and no rustling grass appears breaking my chain

Not a Glitch, that stuff happens.

pikkichu

For Synchronizing Natures to work, it must be at e front of the Party, which means that Suction Cups won't work.
Cool thanks for clearing that up, so it wont work with static magnet pull or cute.charm then

Do you have to faint the pokemon in a fishing chain? I heard you could run away and not break chains

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Cool thanks for clearing that up, so it wont work with static magnet pull or cute.charm then

Do you have to faint the pokemon in a fishing chain? I heard you could run away and not break chains

Nope, won't work with any of them.

Not sure, although I'm pretty sure that you only need to encounter a Pokémon through Ishing without moving for it to remain a Fishing Chain.

Like I said, not sure, someone else/me needs to double-check

WhiteyFox

Count how many patches you went through?

I dunno, the because the Pokétch didn't return we don't have the Radar Chain App anymore.

I lost count after 15. :/ There should be stuff added on that bottom screen, especially now that the game can get patches and all.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I lost count after 15. :/ There should be stuff added on that bottom screen, especially now that the game can get patches and all.

Well, then you could just jot it down on a notepad or something <_<

Eh, I don't think they'll add that in, althoughg it is a possibility.

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Is there ANY way to see how big was the last chain?

Check the PC in Sycamore's laboratory, next to the scientist who gave you the Radar :) If you mean during the chain itself, you can use the PP of your moves to keep track, or a calculator, pen & paper etc..

I'm not sure if this has already been asked, but when chaining in X and Y, do four patches need to be shaking?

Let's say that only 2 or 3 are shaking, can you just pick the one that matches the type you started in? Or will it break? I've been resetting every time there are less or more than four patches shaking, and it's kinda time consuming.

Edit: Because as far as I knew, there needed to be four when chaining in D/P/Pt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.