• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to come in here and say that I too haven't seen more than 1 shiny patch in a chain. I reset for about an hour and a half on both of my chains and I never found another shiny patch after the first one I got. Maybe you can only find 1 shiny patch per chain? Or maybe it resets the shiny chance after you find your first one? Maybe that would make more sense, since the person on page 2 supposedly had a chain of 76 when he got two shinies?

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Got a Shiny Clauncher in under or just above 20 consecutive Fishing a couple days ago. Now trying for a Shiny Corphish.

The Scientist

Maybe you can only find 1 shiny patch per chain? Or maybe it resets the shiny chance after you find your first one? Maybe that would make more sense, since the person on page 2 supposedly had a chain of 76 when he got two shinies?

My thoughts exactly. I think GameFreak changed it so you have to restart your chain from scratch after either getting a shiny patch or capturing a Pokemon. I'm not sure which of those two options resets your chain, but I think it is reset somehow.

Bathrezz

After an hour of fishing I picked up a shiny Alomomola. I believe I saw a small sparkle in the splashing of the water as you reel in the pokemon. There was nothing else indicating shiny present.

Last edited:

Stardastarly

Sylveon~ :D
Has anybody else been having trouble with the consecutive fishing while using an Old Rod? I was in Cyllage trying to get a shiny Luvdisc, two hours later and still no luck. I wasn't counting how long my streaks were getting, but even if it broke a couple times, it still got into at least the forties multiple times. It's probably just my usual horrible luck, but I've never had any problem while using any other rod. Got three other shinies while hunting this way in three days, all within an hour maximum for each.
Might try again later using a different rod for a different Pokémon. Hopefully my luck'll come back.

Squirtle_Master

Leader of the Dark
Well I just chain fished a shiny Dratini, thus concluding my two day long hunt.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Well I just chain fished a shiny Dratini, thus concluding my two day long hunt.

Nice shiny, I have one on W2 and it is a level 69 Dragonite and I love it. I am thinking of Chain fishing a Clamperl or Corphish. I am trying to get the PokeRadar thing figured out. It is pretty hard.

Martinzqx

So the other day when i was consecutive fishing I got a clauncher on my 2nd fish. Undortunately it had a naughty nature so I was re-chaining it tonight and got another one, but bold natured! Not my first choice, but i'll take it! Now off to get shiny dratini and then aron with head smash!

Squirtle_Master

Leader of the Dark
So the other day when i was consecutive fishing I got a clauncher on my 2nd fish. Undortunately it had a naughty nature so I was re-chaining it tonight and got another one, but bold natured! Not my first choice, but i'll take it! Now off to get shiny dratini and then aron with head smash!

Shiny Dratini will test you. I'm just going to warn you haha. Prepare to encounter hordes of shiny Basculin before you get to that awesome Shiny.

Anyways, much luck.

And thank you Blackwing. It took me a while but I never give up. I didn't get the shiny Dratini in White 2 since I don't care much for free Shinys like that. I'd rather earn them.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
And thank you Blackwing. It took me a while but I never give up. I didn't get the shiny Dratini in White 2 since I don't care much for free Shinys like that. I'd rather earn them.

I took it because my luck with shinies in BW2 was terrible, I couldn't find one at all in 5th gen. So when I saw I could get a free shiny I took it :) But now that I got 2 shinies in 2 days on X I feel great about my luck with shinies now :D

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
Shiny Dratini will test you. I'm just going to warn you haha. Prepare to encounter hordes of shiny Basculin before you get to that awesome Shiny.

Anyways, much luck.

I took the Dratini because I DID earn it by beating White Tree Hollow. That wasn't the easiest feat for me.

Although I understand how the Pokeradar thing works, I just can't seem to do it. I suck terribly at using it.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I still haven't tried the chain fishing method yet. I'm gonna give it a try later on. My Inkay has suction cup ability, and I have the good rod, and I just received the super rod yesterday. I think the only real hard part for me will be pressing A perfectly when I try to reel in the rod. I'll practice reeling in my rod before I actually perform the chaining method.

VenoSpyder

I'll bite you...
Successfully chained a shiny Sliggoo a few minutes ago. Second shiny in as many days.

It just sort of happened, as well.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
just how many times exactly to do chain fishing until you encounter shiny pokemon?

There's no set number, its not like chaining in the grass, wherein at 40 that's the max... From what i've seen its 100% random. I've fished up a shiny magikarp 72 reels in... but then a few hours later i reeled in a shiny qwilfish and dragalge within 9 reels.

Guys, do you think this guide is correct for X/Y? (or mostly correct?)
hBA425C6E
Because I'm positive that it is possible to get next chain in a patch right next to you sometimes, in the case of those rustling-a-lot patches...

However I'm also positive that going to the edges and using radar can break your chain unexpectedly sometimes...

naudna

I'm not sure if it was fully accurate, but I find this a great guide. Pretty much sums up the tips that are discussed in the internet. Thanks for sharing!

The Scientist

Guys, do you think this guide is correct for X/Y? (or mostly correct?)
Because I'm positive that it is possible to get next chain in a patch right next to you sometimes, in the case of those rustling-a-lot patches...

However I'm also positive that going to the edges and using radar can break your chain unexpectedly sometimes...

I'm pretty sure rules 2-4 are false, and I think most here would agree with that. Otherwise there seems to be some good info.

Status
Not open for further replies.