• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I'm pretty much done with Chain Fishing in X 'cause I already got what I wanted ( a horsea at 11 and a beautiful red Clauncher at 162- not joking.), but I didn't give the poke radar a try yet.

Is it as useful/easy as it was in gen 4? One thing that worries me is that the shiny patch anumation, at least in the youtube videos I've seen, is almost impossible to see :O is it really that subtle or do I have to blame the quality of the videos??

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
2. Can you switch rods between casts without breaking your chain (presuming you don't move)?

This can actually be tested easily. Since your current record is 51, just do 52 chain using a rod, then switch to another rod, and make another 3 chain, then visit the fisherman, and check if your chain becomes 52 or 55. If switching rod does break the chain, then your new record should be only 52.

I would have tested it if it wasn't because my record is now over 120.

The Scientist

2. Can you switch rods between casts without breaking your chain (presuming you don't move)?

No need for a test here as we already know the answer. Switching rods does not break a chain. And regarding the capture of a shiny, several members (including myself) have found that it breaks your chain just like catching a normal Pokemon.

Gizmoa

Does chain fishing only work with super rod?

Both of mine were with the good rod, so no :)

In other news, got a shiny horsea on a chain of 7... it was a mixed chain, apparently reeling in different pokemon does not matter. I've also noticed that in both of my successful chains, I was running from battle.

Recently someone told me that they have been getting shiny pokemon from the FS, usually after about 1 hour in the same one... I tried it with no luck, but I was also checking some other things out and here is what I found:

chaining (staying in the same FS and battling many many pokemon) gradually increases the number of max IV's you get. I got up to 3 max IVs after about 30 minutes of slaughter (or around 40 pokemon).

trading or battling breaks the chain and reset the max number of iv's you get back down to 2.

turning off the 3ds breaks the chain and resets the max number of iv's you get back down to 2.

I do not know if running or saving resets the chain, and I wonder if the other person needs to be on-line when you enter to get the shiny rate boost or not.

Honkfish

So has anyone tried chaining with the radar on the daily pokemon that the professor gives you? I wonder if it has a higher catch rate like in dppt

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I found 3 shinies in one day through chain fishing. It's ashame there aren't too many pokemon you can catch through chain fishing...

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
OH MY GOD! I just got a Shiny Octillery on my next chain fishing attempt! Attempt 48 I believe! I will take a photo! Woohoo my first Pokemon X shiny! (I do need to catch it first lol)

EDIT: You guys, it's Modest nature eeek! So lucky! Pics incoming!

Attachments

• photo 4 (3).JPG
    photo 4 (3).JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

pichufan25

So yeah, I'm kinda dissapointed with this chain fishing addition. It makes it way to easy to get shinies, it's gamebreaking. At least the poké-radar adds some kind of challenge, but fishing is just mindless a-clicking. Got 2 magikarps and 2 poliwhirls through it, and got bored.

Now trying my hand on radaring for the first time since D/P. I'm kinda rusty but it's going pretty well, just got my 38 Skiddo chain broken though. Haven't heard the music everyone keeps talking about yet though.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
Who's a handsome Octillery?

http://i40.*******.com/24pl26f.jpg

http://i43.*******.com/11j3uyu.jpg

http://i43.*******.com/oi52zb.jpg

Attachments

• 24pl26f.jpg
    24pl26f.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

cwertle

Don't Blink!
Does chain fishing increase the chance of good IV pokemon? I caught a shiny gyarados with perfect HP, attack and special attack.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
Just for reference, the IV's of my shiny Octillerey are only decent all around. It has 21 in Special Attack with the other IV's being lower.

ebevan91

I'm terrible at this.

My highest chain so far is 3. I'm having a hard time deciding which tile of grass to go into.

Bariokie

rock dog
I got 3 shiny luvdiscs till now.
I tried old roding at a place where with a chance of 100% for poliwag.
After 5 times 100+ I just quit.

I got a shiny hauntet tough ^^
Furftou stopped at 33
Goomy at 29

Status
Not open for further replies.