• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
Is there any good places to chain a shiny Ralts in route 4???

Estellise

peachy
I'm going to try the Chain Fishing method soon. It seems like one of the easier ways to catch Shinies... I think I'll start on Route 8, since I've heard that's one of the better places to Chain. I'll post again if/when I catch a Shiny.

Charizard006

Beginning Trainer
I'm a little rusty with pokeradar chaining(since dpp were the last trio of games to have it). Can anyone suggest a nice, big area of grass where I can practice chaining before moving to my preferred targets?

Roughneck JB

I'm a little rusty with pokeradar chaining(since dpp were the last trio of games to have it). Can anyone suggest a nice, big area of grass where I can practice chaining before moving to my preferred targets?

Route 5. At the very least, it has a large area of purple flowers, and 2 fairly decent 6th Gen pokemon to chain.

Nah, any Pokemon caught in a radar chain of 60+ have at least 3 perfect IVs whether they're shiny or not (with a small chance of 4 or more maxed IVs). If the radar chain is between 20 and 39, caught Pokemon have one guaranteed flawless IV; if it's between 40 and 59 there'll be at least two maxed IVs.

Well, at least we know that for sure :)

Speaking of which, I reached a chain of 60 Skiddos today, so I began resetting the radar for a shiny. However, when I heard the"shiny" sound effect, I saw no shiny patches, then just encountered a regular Skiddo.
Anyone know what happened there?

professorj15

Route 5. At the very least, it has a large area of purple flowers, and 2 fairly decent 6th Gen pokemon to chain.

Well, at least we know that for sure :)

Speaking of which, I reached a chain of 60 Skiddos today, so I began resetting the radar for a shiny. However, when I heard the"shiny" sound effect, I saw no shiny patches, then just encountered a regular Skiddo.
Anyone know what happened there?

How funny, this just about happened to me. I heard the shiny sound but didn't see sparkles when chaining for my Skiddo this morning. So I guessed and chose the patch that happened to have the shiny in it. I really want to go for Furfrou next, but I'm concerned this will happen again, only next time I'll guess wrong. What I'm thinking is that it's just incredibly hard to see the sparkles in the purple flowers. I think I'm gonna watch some videos to familiarize myself with what the shine should look like so I'm more prepared next time.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
Is there any way to chain an espurr

Duckzorz

Decided to try chain fishing for the first time and within twenty minutes i found a shiny dragalge! Its naive natured which stinks but ill add it tobmy collecyion of shinies ive captured since the game came out
im up to six shinies now in just xy alone :)

Aetius

Ok guys, is there a way to increase the change of doing a long chain?
Because, you know, my chain fishing always ends at the 4th attempt. LOL

Roughneck JB

Ok guys, is there a way to increase the change of doing a long chain?
Because, you know, my chain fishing always ends at the 4th attempt. LOL

Have something with Suction Cups (or Sticky Hold, I think) in your first slot.

I caught a shiny basculin at a chain of 9. Can I catch 2 shinies in the same fishing chain??

Yes.

How funny, this just about happened to me. I heard the shiny sound but didn't see sparkles when chaining for my Skiddo this morning. So I guessed and chose the patch that happened to have the shiny in it. I really want to go for Furfrou next, but I'm concerned this will happen again, only next time I'll guess wrong. What I'm thinking is that it's just incredibly hard to see the sparkles in the purple flowers. I think I'm gonna watch some videos to familiarize myself with what the shine should look like so I'm more prepared next time.

Either way, I'm moving on to Trevenant now. The forest is far too dark for me to possibly miss the sparkles... Right?

Duckzorz

Decided to try chain fishing for the first time and within twenty minutes i found a shiny dragalge! Its naive natured which stinks but ill add it tobmy collecyion of shinies ive captured since the game came out

Twenty minutes after this i found shiny octillery yay

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
I got my first shiny in XY!!!! Chain fished me a Shiny Dragalge!!!!!!

Okay, this is weird. Mine is naive also. Lol

Aetius

I'm see jealous to see all you people fishing shiny Poèmon so fast. LOL
Anyway thank you Roughneck JB, I'll try this method soon. :D

razor fire

After a short 15 minutes and a chain of 19, Lady Luck decided to join my side, and guess what. Shiny Magikarp Get!

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Hi! I'm sorry if this has been addressed already, but if you are chain fishing, do you have to defeat the Pokemon being fished or can you run away from battle without breaking the chain? I'm trying my luck to catch a Shiny Horsea (good luck to me!), so I just want to make sure since battling at the moment is so tedious for me. lol

Illyasviel

Trainer
Just found a Shiny Ditto on my 4th chain! And funny thing is, i did not notice the sparkle in the patch beforehand. Lol so i'd say i got fairly lucky :3

Status
Not open for further replies.