• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
So since we have a fairly good idea how to chain pokemon with the poke radar and chain fishing, how about people share their favourite chaining spots?

Mine is definitely route 7 just before the cave because it is where I practiced and tested chaining for so long and it has a nice little variety of pokemon including Swirlix, Flabébé, Croagunk, Smeargle, Ducklett, Volbeat, Illumise, Roselia. (Shiny Roselia is epic btw)

As for fishing the first place I tried was the north of Shalour City just outside the Tower of Mastery. There is an area where you can stand and fish - the water is surrounded by rocks on 3 sides so if you bring a Suction Cups pokemon (just in your party, doesn't have to be first in line) then you are guaranteed an encounter. The pokemon here seem to be Alomomola, Octillery and Lanturn I believe.

9ivory

凍結森
The next pokemon I wanted to get as a shiny was going to be a Minun yet I realized that my X version has Plusle and so now I'm going to have to breed it or use someone elses game to chain for it....GameFreak making my life harder...smh

diamondpearl876

Hi! I'm sorry if this has been addressed already, but if you are chain fishing, do you have to defeat the Pokemon being fished or can you run away from battle without breaking the chain? I'm trying my luck to catch a Shiny Horsea (good luck to me!), so I just want to make sure since battling at the moment is so tedious for me. lol

You can just run away.

silver2010

FINALLY! Had awful luck with the poke radar this gen always getting distracted and blowing it around a chain of 10-20 but last night I was determined to atleast just beat my best chain of 26...

Headphones in and on my own I hit the magic 40 and then had to reset 40 odd times but SHINY ZOROARK! Perfect iv's in speed and attack so not bad either.

Melevolence

Khan Breeder
I must have terrible luck with Chain Fishing. I've had excessivly long chains these past few days, but no luck. :( I want a shiny Goldeen, as silly of a shiny as it is. Or even a shiny Corphish. :( Makin' me sad Game Freak...makin' me sad...

Yamicool

I've managed to get a relicanth with a fishing chain of 65, a Horsea with a chain of 224 and a clauncher with 148. So far I've had no luck with the poke radar as either the chain gets broken by the wrong pokemon or I accidentally get on my roller skates which is a big pain.

Blauwqae

I'm pretty lucky with chain fishing. I fished in Santalune city and on a chain of 18 I found a shiny Alomomola. About an hour or so later on about my 3rd chain in azure bay ( I think ) I found shiny chinchou.

SkyDeity

White Kyurem FTW
I've managed to get a relicanth with a fishing chain of 65, a Horsea with a chain of 224 and a clauncher with 148. So far I've had no luck with the poke radar as either the chain gets broken by the wrong pokemon or I accidentally get on my roller skates which is a big pain.

Oh mai Arceus...all the shinies I've caught have been with low chains. The highest chain was Horsea at 35. The lowest was Shellder at 6.

I'm pretty lucky with chain fishing. I fished in Santalune city and on a chain of 18 I found a shiny Alomomola. About an hour or so later on about my 3rd chain in azure bay ( I think ) I found shiny chinchou.

Since my gf had no luck finding a Shiny Alomomola, I attempted to find one yesterday and found it on chain 14 .w.

9ivory

凍結森
Whenever I chain fish I always seem to be lucky and usually get shinies around the 15th chain but for some reason when I tried the pokeradar, I keep failing. I just dont think I'm cut out for this radar thing...

ConstantStatic

Had a fair bit of success with chain fishing also, have gotten 2 poliwhirls, 3 whiscash, a gyarados and a clawitzer! The radar on the other hand hasn't been as successful, only managed one decent chain where I finally got a shiny Croagunk after a chain of about 35!

PokeAmi

I have a question about Chain fishing. The shiny that appears after you have reeled in enough. Is it based off how many Pokemon you have caught of the similiar species or is it totally random. Like I reel in 50 Poliwhirls, but the shiny that appears is another Pokemon that I just had reeled in few times compared to Poliwhirl?

Neji-and-Pidgeot

After 70 reels I got the shiny skrelp I was wanting.

Proximity

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does catching a Pokemon in a fishing chain break the chain?

Cutty

Forever now
I tried chain fishing for the first time w/ an old rod (since I've got only 2 badges) and got me a shiny Luvdisc at 13th reel... and a shiny Magikarp at 15 chain... different places of course... My record so far is 20 chain something...

This is fun, exciting and fast!

Kreayshawn

I'm really sad I was chaining Scatterbug in Stantlaune forest and after I killed the 17th one the chain stopped :(

I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

alakazam^

I'm really sad I was chaining Scatterbug in Stantlaune forest and after I killed the 17th one the chain stopped :(

I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

That place is horrible, try Route 2.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Just caught my 2nd chain shiny Pokemon! A Luvdisc!

I love it's shiny colour and I got myself a bunch of heart scales. 2 birds, 1 stone. :)

I lost count of the chain though... I think it was 129.

Status
Not open for further replies.