• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rika_of_Thunder

a sleepy creature
^ I'd suggest route 7, (spritzee for y and swirlix for x, also has flabebe) it's got a really nice big patch of grass on the leftmost side, I've chained three shinies there already!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Holy crap, that long chain count...

It was very long, and my biggest fear was hitting A too fast or slow. I was able to keep concentration throughout the whole hunt. It wasn't easy lol...I was fishing in Azure Bay in a sheltered area around rocks so I wasn't very worried about my chain just randomly breaking. The first Pokemon I encountered to start the chain was a Lanturn, then what do you know 174 chains later I encounter a shiny Lanturn. This was my longest chain fishing hunt by far. I really hope future chain fishing hunts that I do don't last this long lol.

Kaden_Gingerich

They Call Me Nasty
^ I'd suggest route 7, (spritzee for y and swirlix for x, also has flabebe) it's got a really nice big patch of grass on the leftmost side, I've chained three shinies there already!

Sounds good, thanks!! I'll definitely try it out!

alakazam^

Define "horrible" in this situation.

It was a pretty good place actually. A lot easier than those damn Flower Patches in Route 5/7. The angle is better. I'll try Route 2 though. I will also try Route 3 as I want a Shiny Male Burmy
I didn't like chaining there because the angle didn't let me see all the patches.

Recent shinies I've encountered are Gyarados, Seaking and a Scraggy.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
I have a request for an experienced chainer. I have a shiny Swirlix that I want to evolve.

My request is, could a good chainer with X version go to route 7 and chain for a shiny Swirlix and then we can trade for evolution and then trade back? I hope someone can help! If you need to know how, go to page 28 of this thread and look at my guide! Good luck! (I can give a free Protean Frogadier or Solar Power Charmeleon to anyone who can help with this)

Last edited:

Buffybot

I haven't tried the radar yet. It frustrated me to pieces in Pearl do I've been avoiding it so far xD I got a shiny luvdisc with a 2 cast and that's been it so far. Do safari pokemon have a higher shiny rate?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I have a request for an experienced chainer. I have a shiny Swirlix that I want to evolve.

My request is, could a good chainer with X version go to route 7 and chain for a shiny Swirlix and then we can trade for evolution and then trade back? I hope someone can help! If you need to know how, go to page 28 of this thread and look at my guide! Good luck! (I can give a free Protean Frogadier or Solar Power Charmeleon to anyone who can help with this)

Why ask someone to find their own Shiny Swirlix? The entire point of this trade is to evolve your Shiny Swirlix, isn't?

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Does anyone know a good spot to chain for a Houndour or Eevee? As far as I know, only the route before entering Geosenge Town from the south has them, but the grass patch is not good. >.<

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
Why ask someone to find their own Shiny Swirlix? The entire point of this trade is to evolve your Shiny Swirlix, isn't?

Because I'd only feel comfortable trading for another shiny Swirlix. Since I won't know the person, it eliminates the chance that I could be scammed if I trade for the exact same pokemon. We'd both get to evolve our pokemon and the person gets a free pokemon too. Seems like a win/win no?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Because I'd only feel comfortable trading for another shiny Swirlix. Since I won't know the person, it eliminates the chance that I could be scammed if I trade for the exact same pokemon. We'd both get to evolve our pokemon and the person gets a free pokemon too. Seems like a win/win no?

Well, if you're that worried, let me lend you a hand by filling you in with a Shiny of my own and then we'll trade them both back. Are you in?

EDIT: To the guy or gal who gave me a negative reputation, what's so silly about "my post"?

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
Does anyone know a good spot to chain for a Houndour or Eevee? As far as I know, only the route before entering Geosenge Town from the south has them, but the grass patch is not good. >.<

I actually chained both of those on route 10 near the rocks. The rocks make it kinda annoying but it's possible. It just takes longer than usual because of those rocks in the way.

@AuraChannelerChris, It wouldn't let me quote you but that could be okay. I don't really have many friends that could help me with it so I'd appreciate it and would be happy to trade back right away and give you a Modest Protean Froakie for your trouble for free :)

Primera Stark

Wicked like Gengar
Is it possible to radar chain without sound on? Been breaking my chains at 15ish and I wonder if I should just give up altogether especially if Gamefreak designed it with sound playing a major part.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
Is it possible to radar chain without sound on? Been breaking my chains at 15ish and I wonder if I should just give up altogether especially if Gamefreak designed it with sound playing a major part.

I would say that sound plays a big part. I find it so important that I play with my earphones in so I can listen closely. Though it would definitely be possible without sound, although tougher in my opinion.

professorj15

After losing Furfrou on multiple chains that ended around 38 (including one that ended on 40 when I heard the shiny sound but stepped in the wrong patch, as I predicted I would last post smh), I finally got her!!! I saw the shiny patch really early in the chain--around 10 or so-which was really surprising! I think I may be done with pokeradar, at least for now. I may focus on horde hunting (maybe for Mareep? Klefki?) fishing for Barboach/Poliwhirl, or Friend Safari hunting, where I still haven't encountered any shinies yet.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
I would like to thank AuraChannelerChris for helping me evolve my shiny Swirlix :) Shiny Slurpuff looks sooo much cooler than Swirlix! Also that's a cool shiny Relicanth you have, I was so impressed with it, I did a little chain fishing and found one for myself haha!

http://i40.*******.com/2zsb8gg.jpg
http://i42.*******.com/1181snq.jpg
http://i40.*******.com/2pyw4s2.jpg

http://i40.*******.com/35b712t.jpg

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Just Chaining Skidoo's, I am currently on a Chain of 14!

This is the first time on Gen 6 I have got a Chain over 1!

I was really good on Gen 4, but I am still mastering it on this Gen!

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
If you need help to get to 40, look at my guide on page 28 http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...ing-Thread&p=16640812&highlight=#post16640812 Good luck!
Today I finally decided to actually try and use the PokéRadar properly, following your instructions... before I've just tested it out and I think my longest chain was like 10 or so. But just now, I got all the way to 40 (41 actually, just wanted to make sure it was over 40) and began to reset the radar, eventually found myself a shiny Roselia! Thank you for the guide, really helped me, will try again some other time in another area:)

Status
Not open for further replies.