• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheShinyMedicham

Grass Trainer
Just wondering, for chain fishing do you have to use the same rod, or can they be different? Because I would like to find two shinies, but one needs a good rod and the other needs a super rod :)

Switching rods will not break a chain.

Strytho

Tactical Breeder
Caught my first shiny in friend safari. Jolly shiny Tangela. When it popped out boy was I surprised. I honestly wasn't even looking for it. Just tried to chain fish for skrelp but got no higher than eight. I just can't seem to react fast enough with the rod. Suction cups was a really big help though.

KatoZee

I still have no luck in getting a shiny anywhere in my game, none by fishing, radar or 1400+ eggs

Jojo75

Hi guys! I've been reading most of the posts here, so I'm getting much better at chaining with the pokeradar (fishing is a synch!). I managed to successfully chain once with the pokeradar, since them I haven't had much luck. I've heard the upbeat "salsa" music a number if times but haven't encountered a shiny during, both shiny patch or not. Has anything been confirmed about this music??? Also if I reset my pokeradar consecutively too many times (too careful!) the chain ends abruptly, out of nowhere! Why?!

Tarro57

RNGer, haters hate.
I've found myself to be doing very good with the pokeradar, I've gotten a Skiddo, a Minun, a Roselia, and an Illumise. I almost had a Flabebe, but I accidentally walked into crap grass while resetting my radar at chain 40

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Managed to capture shiny Clauncher, Horsea and Carvanha in one day, I am pretty happy about that since now I caught 7 shiny pokemon in one game file without trading.

invaderzoom

When you are saying you've had a chain of 40+ or whatever, is that consecutive without it being broken by different pokemon turning up? Because I haven't managed to get more than 4 or 5 of the same poke in a row before different type pops up and breaks my chain. Am I misunderstanding something?

navataru

Suicune
yes a chain of 40+ means he's encountered the same pokemon 40 or more times in a row without another pokemon showing up in between or doing something else that would break the chain.

alakazam^

Hi guys! I've been reading most of the posts here, so I'm getting much better at chaining with the pokeradar (fishing is a synch!). I managed to successfully chain once with the pokeradar, since them I haven't had much luck. I've heard the upbeat "salsa" music a number if times but haven't encountered a shiny during, both shiny patch or not. Has anything been confirmed about this music??? Also if I reset my pokeradar consecutively too many times (too careful!) the chain ends abruptly, out of nowhere! Why?!
It's been confirmed the upbeat music while chaining means a higher chance of a shiny appearing. Whether that means a shiny patch or a normal shiny we don't know...

Did your chain break when you reset on an edge? That can happen because the patches might "appear" where there is no grass, and the chain breaks. Or you might have gone out of range.

alakazam^

When you are saying you've had a chain of 40+ or whatever, is that consecutive without it being broken by different pokemon turning up? Because I haven't managed to get more than 4 or 5 of the same poke in a row before different type pops up and breaks my chain. Am I misunderstanding something?
Are you talking about chaing fishing or pokeradar? In chain fishing, you can reel in different pokemon and run from battles and your chain doesn't brake. With the pokeradar, you can't run and have to encounter the same pokemon over and over again.

invaderzoom

I was meaning the radar. I haven't tried the fishing way yet. Even with using repel so I don't run into the same pokemon from the shaking grass more than 5 times in a row before a different pokemon turns up instead. Just wondered if I'm doing something wrong here.

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade

You are most likely just walking in to a patch of grass that isn't shaking in the correct way.

EXGShadow

Poison fan
Got a shiny Dratini, after a lot of work. Now I have 13 shiny fishes, 8 to go.

alakazam^

Anyone thinking about completing a shiny dex?

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
do you guys think it's possible to reset for a shiny box legendary? or even the birds? i'm assuming no, for storyline purposes but who knows. i miss the days where you could SR for shiny rayquaza and kyogre and groudon.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
I believe you can. Someone had a pic of a shiny Yveltal on Tumblr. You just have to save before you go into the room I'm assuming.

Edit: Nevermind I just checked and it's apparently fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.