• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Well this is discouraging. My chain keeps breaking after about 6. I keep reeling it in too slow =/

alakazam^

Well this is discouraging. My chain keeps breaking after about 6. I keep reeling it in too slow =/
Have you tried going by sound only? I tend to get longer chains while e-reading.

not589

What are the best routes for chain fishing?

Nulava

Banned
Talk about luck.
I was able to catch a shiny Pancham via using the Poké Radar with only a chain of 2.
If thats not luck, then I don't know what is. :p

Harty4United

I randomly encountered a shiny zangoose in a horde on X
First shiny I've caught in about 15 years of playing Pokemon

Last edited:

Sealotic

I think edges are safer to get the targeted pokemon, but the problem comes after you fainted it...
I'm chaining a Plusle with a Static lead and I tried to go in the edges. 100% of the time, it's a plusle, but 20% of the time, the chain breaks there because no other oatch of grass is shaking, so there is always a risk that I really don't like. It had always been like that... yeah.

For chain fishing, I just don,t know what I'm doing wrong, maybe I'm not enough concentrated because I can't do a chain more then 30. I always push too slow or there is nothing bitting. And I was wondering: will a status like Sleep on my Suction cup pokemon will make it's ability useless or less efficient ? Because I'm fish chaining Poliwag, it used hypnosis (I couldn't escape) and the 2 other times I tries to fish, nothing bit.

shadowF

I was also wondering if the pokemon with sunction cups be fainted and still work?

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
i got my first masuda method shiny. it took me about 12 boxes which is i believe roughly 360 eggs? i got my timid shiny charmander :) i'll finally have my shiny mega charizard Y

alakazam^

REed a Jigglypuff and fainted it...

I caught 2 shiny mincinnos and a shiny sawk today, while hunting for ditto and riolu :p Oh well, they're shinies! I did happen to tip a lot before hunting and gave a lot of o-powers to random people, but idk if it makes a difference.

Edit: Make that 2 shiny sawks -.-'

Last edited:

ShakaRock

i was breeding a team of pokemon on Y version for my X version (my ditto happens to be jap) and i bred my noibat with it and the 1st egg came out shiny. i love it, but every time i try for a musada method on anyone else i end up with so many filled boxes lol

So I talked to the consecutive fishing guy he said his record was 7 I go fish forever get no shinies and he said I had a chain of 77 and game me 20 dive balls. Does this just happen sometime or do I have the worst luck in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.