• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokéRadar & Chain Fishing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alakazam^

Hi. I've been trying to chain-fish, but I seem to get a different pokemon each time i reel one in. In an hour yesterday, I got 2 poliwhirls after each other and that was the best. 2! bah! I read that some areas are better for chain fishing, could someone please send me in the right direction for a great place to chain-fish?
You don't need to fish the same pokemon every time, you just need to keep fishing without getting no bite.

Carcara

Is there a best area to chain on Route 10? There's just too many edges...

Gelatini Jejunator

Vote Vanillite! Wait
Is there a best area to chain on Route 10? There's just too many edges...

I read that encountering a Pokemon on an edge patch does not harm the chain just so long as you reset the radar straight after it.

alakazam^

I read that encountering a Pokemon on an edge patch does not harm the chain just so long as you reset the radar straight after it.
The thing with edges is that the next set of patches might be activated outside the grass, thus ending the chain.

julabard

You don't need to fish the same pokemon every time, you just need to keep fishing without getting no bite.
Oh thanks! I assumed it would be like ground-chaining. I was doing it right then hahahaa. I'll try again tonight!

alakazam^

There's nothing I think is more waste of my personal time then sjhain fishing. I'm really so bad at it :/ Wish someone could give me some tips?
Why do you say you're bad at it? I actually think it's pretty basic and I tend to not even care if my chain breaks, I just keep on going until that shining noise appears (while multitasking).

As for tips... I can only think of leading with a (fainted/alive) Suction Cups pokemon and/or trying in spots surrounded by stuff.

Last edited:

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
I decided to try chain fishing this morning. Got myself a shiny Clauncher with a calm nature! Took me about an hour. Had a suction cups malamar fainted in first slot and a synch timid ralts in second with a chain of 79. Very happy first shiny ever caught!!

Sycavar

I was trying to chain Fletchling this week because I was having some horrible luck chaining and I got to the point where I reset before the first Pokemon in the chain revealed itself and I missed out on a Shiny Scatterbug that I recognized just as my fingers were pushing the reset buttons

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
I tried a second attempt of chain fishing thinking i just got lucky earlier - I fished a shiny Basculain earlier it used final Gambit :( I'm going for a third try and go for a Seadra; Lanturn or Dratini or even a Poliwhirl for Poliwrath.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Chain Fishing came easy to me! I have found like 17 shinies with that method. I'm about to do a Poke Radar hunt, I feel like i'm improving with the radar! :D

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
I swear one day I just cast my Super Rod in the water and first try I got a shiny Luvdisc.
I don't even know how to chain fish, to be honest.
The shiny Luvdisc was either a very lucky coincidence, or I did chain fishing without even knowing it.

alakazam^

I swear one day I just cast my Super Rod in the water and first try I got a shiny Luvdisc.
I don't even know how to chain fish, to be honest.
The shiny Luvdisc was either a very lucky coincidence, or I did chain fishing without even knowing it.
Every time you're fishing, you're basically chain fishing :p

I set out to start chaining for a Pacharisu and the first bush I walk into I encountered a shiny Miltank.

PokemonCarnage

Water Expert
chain fishing, is alot easier, it helps having a pokemon with 'Suction Cups' in the 1st slot
As for 'Poke Radar' no matter how many times i have tried/watched others do it, it just never works for me.
I hope its made easier in ORAS, or someone can explain it step by step for me :D

Pachirisuuu

Trade with me
Chain fishing is he simplest way to get shinies.
How is that difficult to anyone?

All you have to do is have a pokemon with suction cups in the first slot of your party, and when you fish you press a when you see the question marks. Then all you have to do is run away until you find shiny.

Why is that hard to people?

imran3

Nothing much...
I got a Shiny Carvanha after 109 reels and averagely 50 reels of 3 Goldeens. In total 259 reels. And they say chain fishing is way too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.