• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokéspecial Volume 31 in English is out

Sird

Johto native
Pokéspecial Volume 31 in English is out

Pokéspecial Volume 31 in English is out.

And for anything noteworthy.

Berlitz is still called Missy.
Bodyguards names are still Uji and Paka.
They took the time to reverse all the "G"s on the Galactic shirts.

Next.

Edit: Okay, it is 31. I am weird at the moment.

Plot Summary at the back of the book:

Diamond, Pearl and “Missy” steadily make their way steadily to Mt. Coronet – while conquering gyms, saving passersby and learning how to ride bicycles in the course of their journey! Amazingly, they arrive at the mountain much faster than expected, and set about scaling to the top of the peak immediately. Little did the trio realize the fatal mistake they have made, until they are deep within the bowels of the cavernous mountain interior... What will it take to pry our three heroes away from the jaws of danger now?!

(Missssssssyyyyy!!! *vomits*)

Last edited:

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
Thanks for the heads-up! It will still be a few wks before I could place an order for that but I'm v. excited. I'd love to see how the Contest chaps are translated. Hearthome was so made of win (Tuxedo Pearl or Chef Boy-ar-Dia, who is cuter? I can't pick!!). I wonder why Paka & Uji kept there names, when previous manga-only charas did not, like the Magma and Aqua Trio.

Stage On

Aura guardian
Wow talk about a sneak release! They didn't even have it listed as coming out this week on their website! Still I can't complain since I've been waiting for it to come out xd. This is a good early christmas present as far as I'm concerned

At what point are they supposted to start calling Berlitz by her proper name?

Did they flip the R for team rocket memebers as well in the past? I'll have to check my old volumes to check.

Sird

Johto native
Last I checked, they did have it listed on their website.

And no, they did not flip the "R"s in the FRLG Saga. They just darken it. Also, I am not very sure on the Berlitz issue.

(They sure had it easy during the RS Saga, M and A are symmetrical, lol.)

Maxim

Beyond repair
I can't seem to like the fact that Paka and Uji kept their Japanese names. I had hoped for some decent English names for them.

I had never liked their Japanese names, at the first place.

Anyway, out of them two, who has a Burmy and who has a Buizel?

And about Missy - what did you expect? As long as her first name isn't revealed, they'll call her "Missy". We're still yet to see her first name revealed in a Tankobon.

Last edited:

Sird

Johto native
I can't seem to like the fact that Paka and Uji kept their Japanese names. I had hoped for some decent English names for them.

I had never liked their Japanese names, at the first place.

Anyway, out of them two, who has a Burmy and who has a Buizel?

And about Missy - what did you expect? As long as her first name isn't revealed, they'll call her "Missy". We're still yet to see her first name revealed in a Tankobon.

I was hoping they would change her name to "Lady" after the initial complaints. :p

And as for the fact that Paka and Uji kept their Japanese names, I think they are trying to "listen to the fans and keep the Japanese culture in it".

And as for which belongs to which...I can't tell, they look virtually identical when sending out their Pokémon.

(The feather pen Cyrus uses looks VERY VERY much like the one Sird/Storc/Saki use. The only thing different is that Cyrus's has more markings on it.)

kaedemirumo

Wonderland? o3o
Fantina speaks French from time to time in her speeches. (Although frankly, it seems like it was expected.)

Keira's Buneary is named as Bunnie (...I wonder.)

Most of the jokes were altered in this volume, I believe.

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
So Fantina goes the same road like Juan and for Platinum, Lady, little miss or M'lady would be better

Darkxninga

So Fantina goes the same road like Juan and for Platinum, Lady, little miss or M'lady would be better

Wow that was a looooooong wait for vol. 31. Hope they give release dates earlier next time.

Arg...just saw a scan when pearl called "missy" over saying missy. ARG WHHY did they pick missy. I understand thats shes young and older than a child but, "missy"??....dont see why they couldnt keep lady. I think " Miss" or "lady" could have done a better fitting. Oh well, cant wait to read it!

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
Wow that was a looooooong wait for vol. 31. Hope they give release dates earlier next time.

Arg...just saw a scan when pearl called "missy" over saying missy. ARG WHHY did they pick missy. I understand thats shes young and older than a child but, "missy"??....dont see why they couldnt keep lady. I think " Miss" or "lady" could have done a better fitting. Oh well, cant wait to read it!

Yeah missy sound more for a little girl or to a regular person not a rich one. They could kept ojosama it suits her better.