• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokéStar Studios, Musicals and more - Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceFlonne

Mediator
Now that it's similar to a battle,I think I'm going to like this feature alot

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
So I'm thinking that we're technically the pokmon in the battles. In the clip shown of the Protag in a battle the gender was shown female and I remember someone saying the translated name was Slowbro. Coincidence? Especially since a slowbro was shown to have been used in Pokewood. This cold actually squash all the rumors about possibilities of other starters being available. It also makes sense because hiw cold you possibly explain a Mecha-Tyranitar running around Tachiwaki City? We probably use the green screen for the battle and then later the pokemon are just put in. Adding to my theory in a video shown the characters in the movie were transformed from human into a pawniard and something else.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
So I'm thinking that we're technically the pokmon in the battles. In the clip shown of the Protag in a battle the gender was shown female and I remember someone saying the translated name was Slowbro. Coincidence? Especially since a slowbro was shown to have been used in Pokewood. This cold actually squash all the rumors about possibilities of other starters being available. It also makes sense because hiw cold you possibly explain a Mecha-Tyranitar running around Tachiwaki City? We probably use the green screen for the battle and then later the pokemon are just put in. Adding to my theory in a video shown the characters in the movie were transformed from human into a pawniard and something else.

Eh?

In the recent PokeWood Trailer, the female PC (in her costume) threw a Pokeball, then the scene was cut and immediately shifted to a Slowbro. From that we can deduce that she obviously sent Slowbro out. Not her becoming a Slowbro.

Also, in the other PokeWood (7-sec) trailer, Homika's Dad and Brycen are obviously in a middle of a battle. This is a movie, not an ordinary trainer battle. There will be dialogues in between. The scene has to shift from battle to dialogue, then to battle, then dialogue again. They don't transform into Pokemon.

kemal07

Eh?

In the recent PokeWood Trailer, the female PC (in her costume) threw a Pokeball, then the scene was cut and immediately shifted to a Slowbro. From that we can deduce that she obviously sent Slowbro out. Not her becoming a Slowbro.

Also, in the other PokeWood (7-sec) trailer, Homika's Dad and Brycen are obviously in a middle of a battle. This is a movie, not an ordinary trainer battle. There will be dialogues in between. The scene has to shift from battle to dialogue, then to battle, then dialogue again. They don't transform into Pokemon.

I actually found that bit quite weird... I wonder why they cut that particular bit...

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Pokewood is very similar to battling. Moves are available here.

It seems you have to choose a scenario, for whatever reason.

Brycen looks stupid as Hachikuman. Stupid, but evil.

Kall El

..Silence..
Smash just aired!! :]]

PokeWood building looks like a classic theatre place, with a retro-style 1-2-3 count down before the film records in Black & White - No pun intended :p
And there was credits at the end of the Movie you create!
Looks awesome overall, really pleased with what i've seen so far!

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Smash just aired!! :]]

PokeWood building looks like a classic theatre place, with a retro-style 1-2-3 count down before the film records in Black & White - No pun intended :p
And there was credits at the end of the Movie you create!
Looks awesome overall, really pleased with what i've seen so far!

Don't forget the applause at the end :D

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I don't believe we've seen the girl in Pokewood yet.

Either way, she looks nice.

[img139]http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/2259/capturerbz.png[/img139]

charizarddude

Pokémon Master
I don't believe we've seen the girl in Pokewood yet.

Either way, she looks nice.

[img139]http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/2259/capturerbz.png[/img139]

Uh...I think that's the female protagonist.

gliscor&yanmega

Saw the footage of Pokewood, it looks interesting, nothing all that big though, although I would love to be able to use Pokemon I wont be able to use(Pokemon that require trading to evolve).

I don't think there will be much in the reward department here, looks like you just get points, still seems interesting.

R_N

Saw the footage of Pokewood, it looks interesting, nothing all that big though, although I would love to be able to use Pokemon I wont be able to use(Pokemon that require trading to evolve).

I don't think there will be much in the reward department here, looks like you just get points, still seems interesting.

I bet you get props for Musicals, maybe a trophy for your room if you become The Best.

also there's a lot of these things:
pokewood-Many.png

dat scrollbar...

gliscor&yanmega

I bet you get props for Musicals, maybe a trophy for your room if you become The Best.

also there's a lot of these things:
pokewood-Many.png

dat scrollbar...

Perhaps you'll get Musical props, although I'm sure they'll have plenty of other means to get those still, if people want them, I don't think all that many people really cared for Musicals.

Perhaps you could get some kind of Trophy/Movie Award, it would make sense actually with it being movies, which are nominated for trophies. I would like there to be trophy awards.

It was kind of hard to really understand most of the footage as there was a lot Japanese, I assume it's all for selecting scenes and all that but still, just looks so complicated when it's in a language you don't understand D:

Regardless, I'll probably do some of the Pokewood.

Status
Not open for further replies.