• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokéthlon ~Speculation and Discussion Thread~

What do you prefer

• Pokéthlon;

Votes: 83 79.8%
  • Contests.

Votes: 21 20.2%

• Total voters

DarkPrince

Take that!
.-~*Pokéthlon*~-.
~Speculation and Discussion Thread~

pokethlon.png

Hello Guys!

As you all might have been knowing about the Mini Games of the Pokéthlon. It has been rumored that these are replacing the Super Contests from D/P/Pt. But after seeing so many minigames, it looks like it will come out to be outstanding.

Here is a list of few Minigames Confirmed so far:

pokethlon-dashhurdles.png

pokethlon-bounce.png

pokethlon-snow.png

pokethlon-ringout.png

These games will be played using the Touchscreen. In my opinion these games will be more better and exciting than the Contests.

What do you think about it? Discuss it here!

Calm PokeMaster

Ummm.I suppose they will be a nice addition to the games.A bit like the Wi-Fi Plaza games.But they sound just a little bit childish thats all.

Torpoleon

I really want to do the Pokethlon. It sounds really fun. All the games sound exciting. I like that they are replacing the contests. It seems way more fun than the contests. I can;t wait to try them out when I get SoulSilver!

waterballoon

Aspiring Coordinator
I hope they're an addition & not a replacement to the contests.

I kinda want to see both this and the contests in HG/SS~

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Yeah, I'm hoping we'll get the contests as usual, too. But these sound like a lot of fun.

I'm hoping that winning Pokemon get ribbons or something.

firepokemontrainer

Considering that we can still see a ribbon section on the pokemon screen, I have a feeling we can still get ribbons in this game (unlike Fr/Lg). As for the mini games, I really like them and can't wait until I can play them.

Grei

not the color
I'm thinking that these can be playable by yourself, but can also be played with friends. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I truly hope think that these can be played without needing a friend who has HGSS.

And I agree, I hope these are included alongside the Contests. I dunno, I think the game would just feel empty without them. FRLG did.

First I thought no way for contests as FR/LG didn't have them. Slowly I'm starting to realize HG/SS are nothing like FR/LG, which were plain boring and too much of a copy from the originals. HG/SS seem to include loads of new stuff which is great and especially this Pokéthlon sounds amazing! So yeah, contests would be nice too, but if they're not coming I think the Pokéthlon will do great on it's own as well.

Torpoleon

I think Dash Hurdle and Snowball Shoot are my favorites. The other two are ok, I'll probably play them sometimes. Snowball shoot is slightly more of a favorite to me, than Dash Hurdle. It would be cool for these to replace contests. It isn't like they had contests in FR/LG. The Pokethlon sounds way better than contests anyways.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Well, IMO, it need not replace Super Contests. Pokéthlon and SC's are two different things. They can have both in the game. Pokéthlon in Johto, Super Contests in Kanto.

Torpoleon

Well, IMO, it need not replace Super Contests. Pokéthlon and SC's are two different things. They can have both in the game. Pokéthlon in Johto, Super Contests in Kanto.
I actually like that idea. The Pokethlon is in Johto so then the Super Contests should be in Kanto. That would make up for Kanto never having a contest. Then everyone will be happy.

Miss_Pocket_Monster

What might some of the other Pokethlon games be? I'm really glad they added them; they look like a lot of fun! I'm looking forward to doing the Dash Hurdle.

Also, are there ways to raise a Pokemon's Power/Jump/etc., in the same way that Contest stats can be raised with Poffins? Or are they set in stone depending on what Pokemon you use?

HGSS may well be the best Pokemon games ever. ;202;

Torpoleon

What might some of the other Pokethlon games be? I'm really glad they added them; they look like a lot of fun! I'm looking forward to doing the Dash Hurdle.

Also, are there ways to raise a Pokemon's Power/Jump/etc., in the same way that Contest stats can be raised with Poffins? Or are they set in stone depending on what Pokemon you use?

HGSS may well be the best Pokemon games ever. ;202;
I hope that there is something like Poffins. Oh, how about vitamins! They should have vitamins, called Poke-Vitamins or something like that! That would be really cool. Other Pokethlon games that might be introduced could be something like Long Jump or something. Long Jump Triple Jump, etc. Also, wouldn't there be restrictions for who enters what.Like how flying types or Pokemon that float can't really do Dash Hurdles, for instance. It would be cheating. There should also be a Jump Rope thing like in FR/LG, with restrictions.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I love the Pokethlon idea! I love the ideas, and Snowball Shoot looks really cool. I do hope that they win ribbons or something like that. I don't really mind if Super Contests aren't here, they weren't originally in GS, so why should they be in HGSS? But I can't wait until these games!

Shadowedrival

I really like the fact that there adding the pokethalon. I like having somthing to go do if I'm bored. The variety in the minigames so far makes me think that there will be a way to use each movement of the stylys. I think the snowball and bounce minigames sound good.

I think they should add a game where your pokemon has to move somthing heavy and you have to tap on the object continuously to make it the pokemon move it or something along those lines.

chikoritalover16

I think the whole Pokethlon idea sounds fun. Minigames are quick, easy, and tend to make time go faster. It looks like a good idea; however, I'll just have to wait and see how they're carried out.

Defy gravity!
;152;

Maru90

POCKET MEN ANYONE?
Considering that we can still see a ribbon section on the pokemon screen, I have a feeling we can still get ribbons in this game (unlike Fr/Lg). As for the mini games, I really like them and can't wait until I can play them.

Winners of the events can be given ribbons, maybe?

I can't wait to Play the Dash Hurdle and Ring Out events!

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
With the game corner possible being /scrapped/, I wonder if we'll be able to win TM's from this?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Considering that we can still see a ribbon section on the pokemon screen, I have a feeling we can still get ribbons in this game (unlike Fr/Lg).

Winners of the events can be given ribbons, maybe?

No. Winning the minigames will net you "Thlon Points", which you can then exchange for prizes.

With the game corner possible being /scrapped/, I wonder if we'll be able to win TM's from this?

The Game Corner and Pokéthlon are two different things. The Game Corner will not be scrapped. Anyway, yes, it is possible that you can exchange your Thlon points for TMs.