• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

POKÉTOON - English dub coming June 17th!

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The official Japanese Twitter account has announced we're getting five more cartoons, so I guess this is a series now. The Pokemon Kids TV channel already uploaded one a few days ago, though no word on if they'll get dubbed.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
You know, that Pancham short was absolutely amazing.

And they even put actual subtitles (not auto-generated). Might try those as practive for my japanese lessons.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
You know, that Pancham short was absolutely amazing.

And they even put actual subtitles (not auto-generated). Might try those as practive for my japanese lessons.
How do you access the actual subtitles?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Just clicking on the gear-like icon on the video player.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Just clicking on the gear-like icon on the video player.
I could only get auto-translated ones that mostly make sense but not 100%. No worries. I enjoyed it. Just wondered if there were more official ones since I thought that's what you implied

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think I should have added a "japanese" there because that's what I was refering to.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Morax

King of heroes
An absolutely gorgeous and cute short film directed by Yamashita Shingo (Twilight Wings) was just added to YouTube. Tsubomi is voice expertly by Minase Inori (Rem from Re:Zero) and I just...cannot describe how fulfilling it is to see a girl who likes to battle get to be the lead character. I felt so seen!

Also, her parents are super hot!

That was pretty fun and refreshing. If this doesn't convince you how stale and boring ash has become then nothing will.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Such a refreshing, cute little short!

Tsubomi, a girl who fills the PC roles as a prequel to the journey in the games. She's entirely an OC but gives off a nice array of quirkiness, charm, fallibility and ambition that makes her feel lovable. I like how she was actually a real kid versus more of a teenage/mini-adult. Also a girl filling that role of being a Champion dream-chaser FINALLY. Usage of solely OCs meant creating their stuff from scratch. Her bond with Nidorino as being more of her cute little kitten that follows her and protected her was adorable. Loved how her Monster Balls kept failing and the shown lore of actually utilizing the PokeMart for Potions/Monster Balls.

The insertion of Lizardon felt entirely organic and gave a cute little storyline and struggle for Tsubomi to overcome, this Lizardon being a big ol' lazy guy was a stark contrast to more arrogant/fighter type ones in most media. Calming down the situation not by fighting directly was a nice little subversion. I like how threatening the Arbo felt....like a real predator about to snag its prey. For a second I really thought they were gonna do it my heart was on edge. Thankfully that probably wouldn't fit the censors but god even the animation for it was so imposing and threatening like a real cobra. Neat twist with the final Monster Ball not being meant for Nidorino but being used to stall.

The lore of the father/mother instilling the dream subtly into their daughter from a young age was adorable. It was a nice twist to have the mother be the opponent from the past who faced the father and Lizardon before with her Dorapult. Saved the whole episodes from being complete KAAAAANNNNNNTTTTOoooooooo and it felt good seeing a Galar 'mon on-screen and broke through with some diversity. Animation here was just absolutely charming and art style harkened back to Ojamajo Doremi for me. Loved what they did here with this little project, kind of sucks it couldn't be a full scale project or OVA series.

Neat throwback with her Nidorino facing Gengar like the intro into the Gen 1 games, I can already picture Tsubomi with a big ol' huge ugly kaiju Nidoking---such a cool and unique partner Pokemon for a protagonist and a breakaway from the Kanto Big 5, almost though the first initial ball for Pikachu would seal her fate and was shocked they didn't go through with it.

Last edited: