• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokétropolis VR

Skillfulness

Pokétropolis VR

Pokétropolis VR

Pokémon Company Headquarters: Kanto and Johto Branch

Just north of Mount Silver, a large white building stood majestically in the middle of a field. Tall grass grew along the edges of the magnificent building. Wild Pokémon lived not far off, and even often wandered close to the facility. Mount Silver loomed in the distance and the Indigo Plateau was not far off to the north. It was an ideal location for the main headquarters for Pokétropolis. Trainers and workers alike had easy access to both regions. There was plenty of space for everything they needed. It had all sorts of facilities where research could be done and new trainers could enter the virtual Pokémon world.

The interior was also white, minimally but stylishly furnished. There was a second floor and basement level. This building was where most of the Pokétropolis staff did their work. All new players, or rather trainers, started here, but nearly always broke off to explore other regions. Nobody was interested in hanging around the facility unless s/he worked here. It was a bit boring. But, without it, Pokétropolis VR wouldn’t exist. New players had their consciences programmed to see, feel, hear etcetera, the Pokétropolis World. It was simply all five regions put together with the spin-offs on their own little islands. Every Pokémon Center had places where players could enter and exit the game. It took a long time to set up, but it would be Nintendo’s greatest game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Robin Barnes: Home

Robin kicked her shoes off and lugged her backpack up the stairs. She plopped it on the ground, out of the way, and continued going up to place her viola on the landing. With a smile and stretch, she grabbed an apple off the table and hurried to the computer.

“Hello honey, have a nice day?” her mom said, not turning from her knitting. She looked nearly identical to her daughter, at least besides age. They had similar hairstyle, only hers was darker. Their faces had the same shape and they were practically the same height. The one thing every teacher told Robin after seeing her mom was, ”You look just like your mother!”

“Yep,” Robin chirped back, “totally aced that test. I’ll be on Pokétropolis for a while, k?” She walked into the room that hosed their two computers and heard her mother’s sigh.

“Of course you will.” Robin had to smile to that as she logged in. Before she got on to the game itself, she browsed a bit, got caught up on forums, and updated her Facebook. It was her routine and being a Friday, she had all the time in the world to do it. Still, she was quickly logged on to her new favorite game.

“Alright, so I’ve almost got all the badges from Kanto, and I need to train Nidorina a bit more b’fore I challenge Koga,” she mumbled to herself. She started clicking frantically to get things done. Buying potions, healing Pokémon, and doing anything else she would in original Pokémon games. The reason this one was special was the interactivity. It was incredible! Robin could give her Pokémon split second commands, similar to the way it’s done in the Anime. Battling the everyday trainer was an exciting event.

In fact… Robin thought maliciously. She spotted an innocent trainer wandering around the Pokémon Center. Just as she was heading out to challenge the sap, one of the moderators approached her. Oh crud! I didn’t break any of the rules I swear! A small speech bubble appeared.

“Hello Player Robin. We would like to offer you a chance to test the new virtual reality aspect of Pokétropolis. For no extra cost, you can experience what our staff has been working on for the past few years. Accept Y / N?”

Robin’s mouth hung open in shock. She was given the opportunity to try out the first virtual reality technology available to the public (at least, as far as she knew)!? And in her favorite franchise!? Of course she was going to say yes! Her finger hovering over the button, her mom’s voice brought her back to reality.

“I’m going out shopping for a bit. Dad’ll be home at the usual time.”

“K mom! Seeya!” Her mother’s footsteps faded and she heard the door slam shut. Smiling, she typed her reply out to the moderator. Yes… In took a moment for the answer to process, but in a flash, a beam shoot out of her computer screen. Robin gasped as the beam, pointed at her forehead, began to spread and envelope her whole body. Then, her body began to disappear along with the digital beam. Panic set in, but excitement came with it. Here we go!! she thought as the last of her head vanished.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Pokémon Company Headquarters: Kanto and Johto Branch: Basement Level

Robin blinked her eyes several times. She had gone unconscious when her whole body was gone, but now apparently put back together, she had her senses back. She was in a small, pristine, cream-colored room. There was a chair underneath her, or rather she sat on it, and some medical looking equipment hung from the walls. Robin was aware of someone else in the room and turned to see him or her.

“Ah welcome. I’m glad the process went smoothly. How are you feeling?” A short man with a round face smiled at her from across the room. He had a long white robe on and he held a clipboard. He walked forward as Robin oriented herself.

“Umm… a bit upset in my stomach,” she said, clutching the part of her body she was talking about.

“Mm yes. That will happen, but the feeling will pass. Care for a peppermint?” Robin gladly accepted the treat that she knew would help her stomach settle down.

“Now we need to perform a few tests to make sure your subconscious has accepted the alternate reality you’re in.” He beckoned her to one of those tables in doctors’ rooms. Standing up, a bit wobbly a first, she made it over to the man.

“So, you placed my brain in an alternate reality?”

“Sort of,” he said, fiddling with some equipment and beginning to examine Robin. “We’ve created a reality for your consciousness to occupy. It’s kind of like a dream. While at first your brain may accept it, we still have to check and see if there are any problems. Now lift your chin for me please.”

Robin obliged and started to ramble. In her state of excitement, she talked and talked about whatever came to mind. Sometimes, she wondered how annoyed people were with her. The man did a few physical tests like the reflex one on the knee and gave a short quiz to make sure her brain was functioning properly. When he seemed satisfied, a door slid open from the wall.

“Looks like you’re the first one done.”

“You mean there are other players? Cool.”

“Yes it is,” he chuckled. “Now if you could wait out here till the others are done. You’ll all be given the tutorial, as it were, together.” With one last smile, he ushered her out of the small room and into one slightly larger. It was pretty much just like any lobby from a hotel, doctor’s office, museum, you name it. Couches, magazines, and a main desk. That was about it. A woman sat at the desk typing away at a computer, not looking up.

With a shrug, Robin sat herself on one of the red cushioned seats. She was tense, partly because of the excitement, but also because of the nervousness. Wow this is so real! I can’t believe I’m not really here! What happens if my brain doesn’t accept it though… Her imagination began to run away and create every possibility she could think of.. Ok, so I don’t think that would really happen… I wonder how my body is? Robin pinched herself, surprised to actually feel the pain. Then, smiling, she thought about meeting the other players.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Accepted Players:

Skillfulness- Robin Barnes and Sear the Growlithe
SpyroxPikachu- Alexandra "Alex" Slender and Lavender the Skorupi
Galvanic- Grey Rose and Jayden the Togepi
Slipomatic- Azel Meldon and Umbra the (Shiny) Eevee
*Jean Grey*- Diane Diamond and Cecil the Houndour
Aslynn<3Pokemon- Evelyn Sommers-Night and Seed the Bulbasaur
wayjun- Phoenix Rising and Blitzen the Joltik
Aura Wolfe- Mai Harper and Creed the Sneasel
Son_of_Shadows- George "D.C." Anderson and Amélie the Nidoran F
FireTheAbsolLord- Neo Atwater and Nixie the (Shiny) Vulpix
lxdarknessxl- Light Gladius Min and Abby the Absol
muxiroger- Reynaud “Rain” Apolloson III and Alexander the Pawniard
Kiruria- Hiroshi "Gon" Tsukimaru and Benten the Dratini
Ditto123- Chuck Norris and Casper the Gastly
GoldenrodGirl- Karma Tamaki and Leilani the Pichu
-Serenus- Kimberly "Kim" Decouverz and Seel- Inactive
Pokefan0234- Kitridge Katdrige “KitKat” and Minion the Stunky
deltakurumiru4- Kari Kami "KK" and Razor the Sewaddle
Double-Oh-Platypus- Monika Kruiper and Artemis "Arty" the Eevee
Monty- Riley Alexander and Bagon

Last edited:

lxdarknessxl

Asian Epicness
(FIRST POST!!! WOOHOO!!!)

Light Gladius Min
Somewhere in South Korea

"Welcome back, young master!" exclaimed a row of maids and butlers in a boy-girl order, looking at Light. Light calmly smiled softly, and raised a hand, smiling softly. Although he hated to do this, he had to keep his cool personality, in other words, his FAKE personality, seem like it was the real him... especially when he was at places such as outside, where a photographer could ambush him acting silly... When he went inside and closed the door, he sighed, and went up to his room, picking up a briefcase. He had just went out for one of his nature walks, but it was the same as going anywhere else, nevertheless. It took him a long time to get to his room, due to the large house... Either way, he opened the briefcase, and pulled out the only thing that mattered in his life at the time being, as far as his parents were concerned... Truly, he had to live the way his parents wanted, without getting any freedom of his own. Suddenly, there was a creak, and the door opened. Quickly, he turned around, to see a man in a business suit, and a woman wearing glasses, also wearing a suit, smiling at him. Light smiled softly. "Hello, Mother, Father."

"Now Light, I'll cut to the chase, since I know you dislike lectures." began his father, which surprised Light. Since when did they care about what he liked and disliked? The tall man placed a black briefcase in front of Light, and smiled brighter than before. "I also know you are of a cheerful personality, and it is wrong for us, your own parents, to take that personality away from you completely. Therefore, we got you this virtual reality game that is still a beta, in which you will only meet a few students around your own age, so you may act however you wish."

Light opened to briefcase to find the Poketropolis game, and a pass to get into the Pokemon Company headquarters. His parents expected him to be delighted, but instead, Light gave them a sly grin. "Thank you both... but... Father...? How much are you being paid for me to play this?"

Light's Father shook his head in fake disbelief, and spoke. "I cannot believe that my own son does not trust me to get him a present! Maybe I should just take it back and return the game..."

"Okay, I appologise, Father. I'm guessing I can't use any of the usual ways of transportation this time, for I am going to a game company?" asked Light, and his parents nodded. Light too, nodded, then began to walk to Korea's branch of the Pokemon Company using his bike. Never thought he would be allowed to ride it again.

Pokemon Company: South Korea branch

Light showed his ID to the guard, granting him his entry to the building. Right away, an awfully delighted man showed up and led him to the testing room, and Light began to ask questions such as "Is this safe?" or "How do I play?", which went on for a bit. When he finished, the men who worked for the company sighed, and hooked him up to the machine. "Congratulations, you are the second person to play this version of the game! Please, enjoy yourself, and make sure to notice any defects of the game! Again, at the beginning, you will go through a tutorial, so no need to worry about how to play!"

"WAIT!" yelled Light, then looked over to the man who seemed to be the leader of the scientists. "What are the other players like?"

The Leader groaned, and rolled his eyes. After getting a sharp glare from everyone in the room, inclusing Light, he cleared his throat and spoke. "You will meet them in teh tutorial room, so please wait for just a moment."

Light, finally content, smiled, and began to get warped into the game. He tested out a few punches and kicks, to see that his mobile ability was the same in real life as in the game. He smiled softly, showing his pure-white teeth. Then he remembered that someone else was in the room, and he turned around with his usual calm/soft smile, that could turn most people into butter, now facing the cute girl in front of him. "Hello, my username is 'Prince'. You are?"

(EDIT: NOTE: I'm not trying to be overpowered right now with the looks/richness, just didn't have much to write about right now...)

Last edited:

Double-oh-Platypus

[Monika Kruiper - Home]

Light filtered into the apartment via a wall-to-ceiling window implanted in the family room. Monika dragged her back across the threshold and let the door fall shut behind her, the hinges weighted perfectly to allow it to shut without being prompted. Her moccasins padded slowly across the hard wood floor and the wheels of her Zuca bag squeaked as she made her way across the room towards the hallway. As expected, Monika's parents were working, which was just fine as far as the skater was concerned. She hated it when they were always looking over her shoulder.

Monika had spent the better part of the day at the skating rink working on her double Axel. It was coming along, she figured, but her coach had still been fussing over what she was doing wrong and what she would need to do to gain the extra half rotation. As far as she was concerned, she just needed more nerve. She found that her anxiety often kicked in at the worst of times, such as at practice.

Luckily, Poketropolis didn't evoke her nerves too often, which was probably why she played it so often after skating. Monika dragged herself into her room, letting the door fall shut behind her, before digging through her closet for a pair of skinny jeans and a t-shirt to change into. She would need to hang up her tights to dry from all the water that had soaked into the fabric from falling too often. The moves were automatic and instinctive, something she'd been doing for far too long, but finally she was ready to settle down in front of her laptop and get down to business.

"So, if I'm calculating correctly, I just need to level grind for like, half an hour before I can take on Blaine," Monika muttered to herself, tapping at the keys as she fell into the rhythm of the game. She watched her character move about the screen, looking for another trainer to challenge when she spotted a moderator making a beeline towards her.

"Shoot," the skater mumbled as the official approached, a speech bubble appearing over its head.

"Hello Player Monika. We would like to offer you a chance to test the new virtual reality aspect of Pokétropolis. For no extra cost, you can experience what our staff has been working on for the past few years. Accept Y / N?”

Monika paused, her fingers hovering over the keyboard. She already spent the majority of her time on the game, so why not update?

"Sure," she typed back. "I accept. Yes." There was a brief pause where Monika waited for something to happen before a beam of light shot out from the screen and struck her forehead. In another moment, her whole body was glowing, and then it was gone.

((I'm not really sure if I should post about entering the world too. I can edit it in if you want though.))

Alliance

Re-Arrival
Evelyn Sommers-Night: Home

Evelyn sighed in pleasure. "Eat ThunderBolt, cheesebrain!" She declared, typing out a command to the Pikachu that hovered by her side on the screen. The Pikachu's cheeks glowed with power as it released the powerful attack. Her opponents Pokemon, a Blastoise, was completely obliterated.
"Good try" Evelyn typed, her way of consolation. "Want me to help you train?"
"**** no." Typed her opponent rudely, his character marching away angrily.
"Grumpy guts." Evelyn muttered, heading to the Pokemon Centre to make sure her beloved Pikachu was in top health.But as she did so a moderator stalked up to her. Evelyn's character gulped on command. "Crap. It's a mod." Evelyn nearly screamed.
Luckily for her, the mod didn't press the banned button, or whatever they had at their disposal. "Hello, Player Evelyn. We would like to offer you a chance to test the new virtual reality aspect of Pokétropolis. For no extra cost, you can experience what our staff has been working on for the past few years. Accept Y / N?”
Evelyn's jaw dropped.... in real life and the game. "NO way!" Evelyn thought in shock. "ME? Of all the trainers playing Poketropolis? Too good to be true."
She glanced quickly down the stairs leading to The Haunted Hallway, as she called it. Her mother, any minute, would be marching in to see if she was doing her homework. But saying "No" to a moderator, with such a wonderful oportunity tempting her, how could she resist?
"Yes!" She typed hurridely. For a moment, nothing happened, and she sighed with dissapointment. But as she sighed a beam of light shot from the computer, hitting her slap bang in the forehad, before moving to envelope her body in shining light.
"EVE!" Evelyn faintly heard her mother yell. But sensing her body begin to dissapear, she knew it was too late to turn back.
"Here we GO!" She thought happily, as the last of her body dissapeared, and she momentarily blacked out.

Pokemon Company Heaquaters: Kanto and Johto Branch: Basement Level

Evelyn blinked her eyes a few times. She'd momentarily blacked out when the beam of light had hit her, and now she was here. Surprisingly, she thought she knew the place. But that was probably a trick her mind was playing.
Shaking her head, she noticed her surroundings. A cream colored room, nice and clean. As she noticed the chair se sat on, her stomach did a flip. She grimaced. Coming into a virtual reality world DID have it's drawbacks. In her slight pain, she didn't notice another figure in the room.
"Welcome." A voice said. Evelyn glanced up, her stomach stabalising slightly. It was a short man, with a round face. "I'm glad the process went smoothly." He continued. "How are you feeling?"
Evelyn sighed. "Fine. Just a bit sick in the stomach."
"Don't worry. It happens often. But it'll pass." The man informed her.
"Now, we need to perform some tests, just to make sure that your brain has accepted the alternate reality you are now in." He gestured to a table, like those in a hospital.
"Wait." Evelyn said. "You mean you placed m brain in an alternate reality?"
"Yes" Answered the man.
Slowly, as to avoid maing her stomach flip flop, she rose to her feet, and walked shakily to the table.
The tests the man performed were simple enough. Hitting her knee to check the reflexes, and asking some quick questions in order to confirm her brain was in order.
"Done." He stated. A door opened suddenly in the wall. Evelyn stared. She hadn't noticed it before.
"You are entrant number 3, AKA the third person to arrive. It seems 2 others arrived before you." He said. "Now off you go."
Evelyn walked through the door into the room beyond. A simple space. A desk with the receptionist, seats to sit in while she and the others waited, and magazines. The usual things found in places such as these.
Evelyn walked foward, shyness suddenly kicking in as she noticed two other people before her. She walked up to them. "Hello. I'm Evelyn." She introduced politely. "And you two?"

Aura Wolfe

Mai worked through the chords slowly, her fingers caressing the strings as if it were a lover. This part of the song required delicacy, as the single notes had to flow into each other, not be sharp and distinctive. It was a huge contrast to the rest of the song, Vicarious by Tool.

She sighed, and put the electric guitar down. It just didn’t seem to be working for her today. That was annoying, and she slammed the guitar case closed a little more forcefully than what was needed. Now, what to do? She was bored, and she didn’t have any visitors today, nor did she have any appointments with Maria, her psychotherapist. The answer was so simple.

Poketropolis.

In seconds, her iPod was hooked up to the speakers and was blaring out Linkin Park as she booted up the computer. While she waited, she sung along to the lyrics.

“In this farewell. There’s no blood. There’s no allaby. ‘cause I’ve drawn regret from the truth. Of a thousand lives. So let mercy come. And wash away. What I’ve done.”

The door opened, and Maria stuck her head in, frowning. “Shouldn’t you listen to something a little more cheerful Mai?” She questioned. She didn’t approve of Mai’s taste in music.

“It’s not that depressing.” She told her. “But I can put on something a bit more cheerful if you want…”

A quick fiddle with her iPod, and moments later Boulevard of Broken Dreams played. Maria shook her head and left, making Mai grin. Annoying Maria was fun.

From what she could see, there were some huge level gaps between her Pokemon on Poketropolis, and while her higher levelled ones were fine to take on Monty, if she beat him then there would be an even bigger gap. Sighing, she resigned herself to grinding the levels of her Furret, when she noticed a Moderator walking straight towards her. Well that was odd. What could possibly make a Moderator take notice of her? A speech bubble appeared above it’s head, with words reading:

Hello Player Sonorous. We would like to offer you a chance to test the new virtual reality aspect of Pokétropolis. For no extra cost, you can experience what our staff has been working on for the past few years. Accept Y / N?

Mai blinked in shock. A virtual reality Poketropolis? That was like a dream come true! Well, not as big a one as being the guitarist in a bad, but it was still pretty cool. Without hesitation, she typed in quickly.

I’d have to be an idiot or more to turn this down. Yes please!

As soon as she hit enter, a beam of white light came and struck her in the centre of her forehead, and she felt something pull at her conscious, pulling her away from this place…

Mai awoke to see a kindly looking man above her, holding a clipboard. “How are you feeling?” He asked her. “From what we can see of people who’ve already came through, it does knock you around a bit.”

“Uh, I feel a little bit sick, but it should pass.”

“Yes, it will. I have to perform a few tests to make you’re functioning properly in this virtual reality. Nothing painful or anything, to just make sure you’re bodies working.”

Mai gave him permission to proceed, and went through all the test he had for her. She was rather used to having tests be preformed on her, so it didn’t make her fearful or worried at all.

“Good, you seem to be fine.” The man said when he was finished. “You’re about the fourth person to come through, although not by much. If you could wait in here for everybody to come, that would be wonderful.” He led her to a white room, which seemed like your typical waiting room at a doctors. She visited them a lot too.

There was already three people there, two girls and a boy. One of the girls was just finishing saying “Hello, I’m Evelyn. And you two are?”

She quickly found out that the other girl’s name was Robin, and the boy’s username was Prince.

“Hai!” Mai said, a cheerful smile across her face. “My usernames Sonorous, but my real name is Mai. Pleased to meet you guys.”

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
----------------------------------------------------

Diane Diamond: Studio Apartment

Diane dropped her spiked handbag and her violet garment bag containing the lingerie she had used that night by the door. She rubbed her sore thighs with her gloved palms as she walked towards her small, single bed. Her customer, a particular Jonathan Jasper had been a rather rough one, and had Diane not been paid, would have quit her job forever. She collapsed onto her bed, breathing a sigh of relief. All that was on her mind right now was her current obsession: Poketropolis. She grabbed her 11-inch MAC, a gift to her from one of her wealthy clients, and logged on to her favorite game, Poketropolis.

"Nothing like Poketropolis to help me forget the past four hours' disaster." She murmured as she moved moved her trainer to the Silph co. building. She checked her items, relieved to see her large stocks of Lemonade and Revives, and entered. The trainer now stood inside the lobby. Diane was about to direct her towards the stairs when suddenly, a message popped up.

“Hello Player Diane. We would like to offer you a chance to test the new virtual reality aspect of Pokétropolis. For no extra cost, you can experience what our staff has been working on for the past few years. Accept Y / N?”

Diane grinned as she saw the message. She had seen an ad about this a week earlier, and by then, had already wished that she would be one of the chosen. To her, this was the escape she so longed for. She hovered her mouse pointer over the green "Y" button. Before she clicked on it, she got up smoothed over her laced-up, low-cut, cropped three-quarter-sleeved black top and black mini, put on her favorite black newsboy hat and discarded her heels for buckled, black boots and black thigh-high stockings. She made her way to her small bathroom, grabbed a comb and ran it though her messy, crimson hair. Noticing her prominent dark circles underneath her eyes, she hastily applied powder. She did not want to look awful or drunk in front of the Pokemon Company staff. She grabbed her handbag and the black leather biker jacket by the door, and strode towards her bed.

"This is it...this is it!" She whispered excitedly,despite being almost twenty.

"Yes. A million yesses in fact! I'm in! She typed, before clicking the green "Y" button. Almost immediately, a violet beam of light shot out of the screen aiming at Diane's forehead.

"Cool...I'm actually getting sucked in." She smirked as she watched her body fade away.

Pokemon Company Heaquaters: Kanto and Johto Branch: Basement Level

"Wh-where the hell am I?" Diane murmured as she opened her eyes, finding herself in a bare, white room.

"Miss Diane Diamond, why don't you have a seat over there?." A man's voice called out. Diane looked up and saw that the speaker pointing to a chair was a man in a white robe who looked suspiciously like Chris Hansen. Not thinking, she panicked.

"But I'm not a pedophile! My customers are all older than me!" She blurted, causing the man to laugh softly.

"What do you mean? You're in the Pokemon Company Headquarters, Miss Diamond." The man asked, amused. Diane blushed as she stood up and sat on the chair, realizing that the man wasn't Chris Hansen after all.

"How are you feeling, Miss Diane?" The man asked. Diane shrugged.

"A bit woozy, a little nauseous..." She replied.

"Well, hearing from all the others...that's to be expected. Now, I will have to perform some tests on you..." The man said kindly. Diane's fingers immediately flew towards the back of her left hand, covered by a black, fingerless glove.

"Are you going to inject me?" She asked. Ever since was injected on the back of her hand when she was ten due to a blood test, she had a fear of needles which had remained with her even now.

"Don't worry, no shots. Just some simple tests." The man assured. Diane allowed the man to proceed. Though her body ached, she managed to pass all of them.

"Very good. You're number five. Why don't you follow me outside so you can meet everyone else?" The man asked. Diane nodded as she followed him outside to a white waiting room.

"By the way...your real hair color?" The man asked, referring to her crimson hair. Diane shook her head slightly.

"I was blonde. Hated blonde. Red's so much cooler."Diane replied. The man grinned.

"Well, I see. Suits you well." He said as he walked back into the bare room. Diane surveyed the waiting room. Scattered on the couches were three girls and one guy, all seemingly younger than her.

"I wonder what they'd think of me...." Diane wondered as she strode towards them, dropping her spiked handbag and black biker jacket near one of the couches.

"Hey, I'm Diane. Diane Diamond." She said, giving a small wave.

----------------------------------------------------

BTW guys, if you have trouble visualizing my character, just look at the female in my signature's picture, that's her alright, except with hip-length hair.

Last edited:

GoldenrodGirl

THE!MID!NIGHT!BEAST!
Karma Tamaki - Home (Brother's room)

"Oh, c'mon, not again!"

Noticing a faint blue light shining through the crack in the door of the bedroom that her four older brothers shared, Karma flung the door open to confirm her suspiscions. It was just as she had suspected.

"I told you guys to turn things off that you're not using, or you'll be wasting the electricity, which, by the way, if you didn't happen to know, wastes our money!" Karma roared as she stomped into the bedroom to turn off the computer, not bothering to turn on the lights. Her stupid brothers had already wasted enough money, and the computer was emitting more than enough light. She sighed as she grabbed the mouse and began to close the windows that her brothers had opened so the computer wouldn't get a virus when she turned it off.

After closing what seemed like hundreds of windows, she finally reached the last one. Exhaling a sigh of relief, she moved the mouse to the 'x' in the top right hand corner of screen, and clicked.

"Are you sure you want to exit Poketropolis VR?" A message that had popped up on the screen asked. Karma rolled her eyes and went to click yes, when-

“Hello Player Tamaki. We would like to offer you a chance to test the new virtual reality aspect of Pokétropolis. For no extra cost, you can experience what our staff has been working on for the past few years. Accept Y / N?” Yet another message popped up. But before Karma could register the new message, she had clicked yes. But not yes to closing the application. Yes to the message asking if she wanted to test the virtual reality of Poketropolis.

"What the-" Karma began, suddenly noticing the second message. "What?! No! I don't want to test anything!" She reached to type emergency escape commands on the keyboard, but before she could even place her hands on the keyboard, a beam of white light suddenly shot out of the dusty computer screen, enveloping her body within seconds.

'I'm gonna kill those four idiots if I ever come back from whever the hell I'm going." Karma inwardly vowed, before she vanished altogether.

Pokémon Company Headquarters - Kanto and Johto Branch - Basement Level

Cream...a lot of it...hm...the house hasn't been this clean in a long time...it's nice...wait, CLEAN?!

Karma jolted upright with a choked gasp, her eyes now wide open, coughing as she tried to take in her surroundings. Where the hell was she?! Was this a dream?! Was she in another dimension?! What the hell had happened?!

"Hello there," A voice said, interrupting her thoughts. Karma looked up to see a short man holding a clipboard. "Are you alright?"

Karma grimaced as she pushed herself off the ground with her hands, staggering as she stood up. It sure wasn't easy standing up when your head was spinning and you couldn't feel your feet.

"What the hell d'you think you're playing at? Where the hell am I? Why did you freaks abduct me? You better not have done anything to me, I'm warning you, I know Aikido!" Karma barked, shaking off the dizzy feeling so she could knock the guy out if she needed to.

Instead of replying, the man flicked back through the pages of his notes, before finally looking up and speaking.

"But it appears you accepted. You clicked yes." The man stated, holding out his clipboard to see. Karma snatched it out of his hands, scanning the page frantically.

'Hello Player Tamaki. We would like to offer you a chance to test the new virtual reality aspect of Pokétropolis. For no extra cost, you can experience what our staff has been working on for the past few years. Accept Y / N?'

PLAYER CLICKED YES.

And there it was in black and white. She had clicked yes after all.

"But-but-I clicked yes to shut it down, not to test this virtual reality thing!" Karma stuttered, staring in horror at the paper. "Besides, I'm not even Player Tamaki! It's one of my brothers!"

"Hm." The man gently took back his clipboard just before Karma was about to drop it. "I'm afraid this is quite a predicament, but whoever clicked it got transported through. Meaning you. Besides-" The man looked up. "You look like you could use this break." He chuckled, before wandering off as Karma's death stare burned two holes at his retreating back.

Last edited:

lxdarknessxl

Asian Epicness
(*Jean Grey*, BUNNYING ALERT!!! BUNNYING ALERT!!! Light did not say anything of the sort, and he gave his username, but not his real name. my actual post will come soon, but I wanted the people who will be posting to NOT look at Jean's post as reference to the conversation.)

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
OOC: Couldn't really think of anything to do. My mind drew a blank.

Azel Meldon
Dorm in a University (like it really matters what university)

“Blah blah blah, nothing interesting going on, it’s just a bunch of newbies screaming over a pikachu.” Azel mumbled to herself as she tried to get her character away from the mob as it chased a wild pikachu. She didn’t care so much for cute pokemon, but then again, she knew exactly what team build she had which was pure destruction to most trainers as they were wiped out by the pure offense.

She left the area and made her character look around the area, silently begging to be in there herself, to escape from all the problems of college life. A message popped up on her screen saying, “Hello Player Tamaki. We would like to offer you a chance to test the new virtual reality aspect of Pokétropolis. For no extra cost, you can experience what our staff has been working on for the past few years. Accept Y / N?”

“Ha,” she said to herself, “This is some joke I bet. This will open a link and ask me to fill out some information.” She clicked on the yes button and a black light shot out and enveloped her and before she could scream, the computer screen had completely enveloped her with the light and she saw no more.

Pokémon Company Headquarters - Kanto and Johto Branch - Basement Level

Azel groaned slightly as she woke up somewhere in a chair that was the only thing in the room. Her vision was swerving quite badly and she closed her eyes for a few moments before opening them again to see the room had stopped moving around.

“Quite the one for motion sickness eh Azel?” A male voice spoke from behind her, causing her to squeak in surprise as she spun around and glared at him.

“On the contrary, I do not get motion sickness easily. I was just freaking out when something weird sucked me into this area.” Azel muttered. She had a few questions of her own, but before she could ask any of them, she was being questioned on her health to make sure everything was working.

She was soon dismissed after being told to wait in a lobby as she was the seventh person to have accepted the invite. She walked into the lounge and quickly looked for a spot to sit away from the people. Unfortunately, as soon as she walked in, all eyes seemed to stare into her so she made her introduction. “Hi, my name is Azel Mardon, I’m a student in college.” She mutterered something else to herself as she walked to her picked spot in the corner and silently observed.

Son_of_Shadows

George Anderson - Home, somewhere in (BEEP), 3.45 PM

Another standard Friday. Home at last, with a bottle of Dr. Pepper in hand, and his iPod plugged in (the RENT soundtrack, natch), George slumped into his favourite armchair by the window, and flicked the switch to bring up the footrest. Another tough week at school was, at long last, over. He still wasn't getting the subjunctive tense in French quite right, but at least he'd got the causes of the rise of Sinn Féin for History. Biology was Biology. Urgh. Momentarily, he debated whether to switch on his laptop and post an obligatory "WEEKEND YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!" status on his Facebook before logging onto Pokétropolis for an evening of grinding to face off with Sabrina, or having dinner first. Ehh... Dinner would break up the grinding. Pokétropolis it was. As such, he turned off his iPod, pulled his laptop from the desk beside him, and logged on.

Saffron City was definitely George's favourite location so far. It was just... So big, and grand. Buildings like Silph Co. towered over players' heads. It was rendered well too. He was heading for the Fighting Dojo for a bit of extra experience, when one of the mods approached him. This was curious. Maybe one of the items he'd been traded was bogus?

“Hello Player George. We would like to offer you a chance to test the new virtual reality aspect of Pokétropolis. For no extra cost, you can experience what our staff has been working on for the past few years. Accept Y / N?”

Curiouser and curiouser. As far as he was aware, VR technology hadn't been fully developed yet... And surely if it had, it'd be all over the news, right? George was skeptical... Then again, perhaps they wanted to keep it quiet during beta-testing, and refined it so they could sell it properly... Or something along those lines. Eh, why not? The subjunctive homework could wait til tomorrow. He tapped the Y key. And immediately regretted it, as he was enveloped in a brilliant beam of white light. George could feel himself being sucked away from his seat, from his own body, from everything. It was unpleasant, much like being flushed down a toilet.

Pokémon Company Headquarters: Kanto and Johto Branch: Basement Level

He opened his eyes to find himself in a shiny, white room. Not the best thing to be in after being exposed to bright light. He rubbed his eyes, trying to ease them, when he was interrupted by a male voice.

"Mr... George Anderson, how are you feeling?"

"Ehh... I've been better... My eyes hurt... And my stomach is a little churned up..."

"That's to be expected, it seems. Still, never worry, you'll be fine shortly. Would you care for a peppermint?"

"A virtual peppermint? Sure, this afternoon's crazy enough already...
" He graciously accepted it, and sucked it gently. The man, who George now saw was a doctor, chuckled.

"I suppose so. One gets used to it eventually, I assure you. Now, we need to conduct a few tests for health and safety, and to make sure your subconscious has connected with this alternate reality. Nothing major, just be patient..."

"Alternate reality, eh? So this technology really does exist... And here I half expected a scam." His reflexes and such were tested within a few minutes. George wasn't sure exactly how exactly this would prove he was connected to the VR, but, his was not to reason why...

"Indeed it's not. Now, would you please follow me into the next room? You can wait there with the other players until we begin the tutorial."

"Other players? How many are there?"[/B
] George was a touch panicked. He didn't usually interact with other players unless he really needed an item... It wasn't something he was good at.

"Oh, about 18, I think."

Eighteen! Good Lord, he'd be excluded in no time... Agh, this was going to suck... Still, VR testing. Once in a lifetime opportunity. He gritted his teeth, stumbled through the door, and took a seat on the far side of the room, waiting patiently for the tutorial to start.

Skillfulness

Chapter Two: Receiving Their Pokemon

OOC: Umm... lxdarknessxl, you do realize the Pokémon Company Branch I'm referring to is in game. There's no South Korea Branch in Pokétropolis... Also, clam down again. I’m the GM, not you. Jean didn't Bunny any of the characters in my opinion. She was merely stating the inevitable. Now let's move on! :D (Another long post! Noooo TT^TT)

Robin Barnes: Basement Level of Pokémon Company Headquarters.

Robin nearly jumped out of her seat as a door appeared from the wall. She realized that was probably where she had also come from. A young Asian boy strode toward her, looking regal and haughty in his black suit. Please don’t talk to me, please don’t talk to me… At the moment, she wasn’t ready for any social confrontation. Yet, the boy looked directly at her and gave a horribly good-looking smile.

“Hello my username is Prince. You are?” Robin grudgingly sat up straight and started to address him when yet another person appeared from the wall. The girl walked in, saw them and blushed a bit. Then she joined them.

“Hello. I’m Evelyn. And you two are?” she said. Evelyn seemed nice, albeit her outfit and hair stood out a lot. Robin smiled to both of them and finally opened her mouth to talk.

“I’m Robin. Nice t’ meet you both.” She stood up and actually shook hands with them. Wow that was dumb, she thought, mentally face palming. And yet, more came. A third person, this one with the username Sonorous, introduced herself. Robin gave her a friendly wave and sat back down, hoping she wasn’t being too rude. She was still feeling a bit sick.

“Hey, I’m Diane. Diane Diamond.” This girl was quite the spectacle. Robin could only give her a curt nod. Another girl, more of a young woman, entered. Not too keen on socializing, she gave her name, Azel, and sat in the corner. Robin was tempted to join her, if only to organize her thoughts, but more people came. Since everyone was already gathered around her, that was where the new people felt most comfortable introducing themselves. Eventually, everyone was out and had (essentially) met each other. There were nineteen others, so twenty in total.

Before Robin could wonder why it was them that were picked, they started to move on. A young, tall, blonde, pretty woman appeared from a door opposite the wall where the medical exam rooms were. She was smiling widely, eyes nearly shut, and looked way too enthusiastic. Still, she was pretty and she got everyone’s attention easily.

“Hello everyone, I’m Ann and I’ll be walking you through the basics of virtual reality in Pokétropolis. We’re very glad you all could make it and we’re proud to present our newest technology to the younger generation.” Her teeth sparkled, making her speech even more saccharine. Robin nearly gagged. “Now if you could all follow me…” She walked back the way she came and everyone followed, like lemmings.

“Whoa…” Robin breathed when they entered the room. It was large, with more than enough room for all of them to fit it, and blank white. She already missed the mild colors of the waiting room. The walls were covered from top to bottom though. On their right, packs of various shapes and sized were hung about while strange yet familiar looking technology sat upon randomly placed ledges. But, the thing that impressed Robin, and probably the other player, the most was the wall to their left. Hundreds of Pokéballs stuck to the wall, covering it completely. A mechanical clip held them there in their miniature form, waiting to be picked. Robin gaped at the vastness and sheer number of Pokéballs. A grin also broke across her face.

“Alright,” chirped the woman, “We will start by giving you your Pokémon. You can choose from any of the 649 in regular and shiny variety, so long as they are first stage. If you prefer a bit of a challenge, you can opt for a random choice instead. This Pokémon will be your first one, forever your closest partner, so be very sure of your decision.” Her face turned into something frightenly serious, extremely out of place for her . She gave that a moment to sink in and then let her smile return. “How about we start with you? Ladies first, right?”

The woman indicated Robin who immediately felt her stomach churn. But without showing an ounce of fear, she grinned, stood up straight, and put on a thinking face. Yuck it up a bit, she thought. Robin knew everyone was eager to get their Pokémon, the closest thing to the real thing, and being first was so exciting. Yet, she waited a bit, to stir their impatience more. That, and she wasn’t too sure which Pokémon she wanted first. A good partner, someone who’ll always be my first… Like a best friend. Then, the light bulb lit up.

“I’ll take a Growlithe please. Umm… female?”

“Ah, a wonderful choice,” smiled the woman. She pushed a couple of buttons on the wall filled with Pokéballs while she continued talking. “Once you get your Pokéball, press the center white button once to enlarge. Once large, it will open by squeezing its sides. A red beam will shoot out and form into the Pokémon within and close again. Please stay calm and quite as they are still animals. They are young and might be frightened so for now, be gentle.” She finished as a Pokéball was moved to waist height for her to pick up. She detached it from the little claw and returned to Robin. She rolled the little ball into her hand.

“Everyone, line up to place your order for a Pokémon and release yours as soon as you get it so you can get acquainted.” She motioned at Robin to do so as everyone started to line up. She nodded and held the little sphere in one shaking hand. With the other, she nervously pushed the center button. Joy welled up was the ball enlarged with an almost comical sound. She then held it out at arm’s length, just like in the anime, and squeezed the sides, aiming at an empty spot of the room in front of her. She heard the familiar sound and saw the red laser. The shape of a Growlithe appeared in red and the details slowly came in. Robin could barely contain her excitement as she stood in front of a nearly real life Growlithe.

“Grrrrowl!”

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
Azel Meldon
Basement Level of Pokemon Company Headquarters.

Azel was having a difficult time understanding how it was even possible for her to be in a place that basically didn’t exist. Her logical mind was screaming at her, but all of it was lost on her numbed self. She was glad when a tall woman walked in and asked for everyone to follow her. She followed the group, being fairly near the back of the line. When she was able to get a good view of the much larger room that had several interesting things although the wall to the left of the group was what held her attention the most. She had to make sure how mouth was still hanging on her face. If it wasn’t for the spheres all on the shelves, she would have sworn that this was a remake of a scene from one of the sci-fi movies she watched.

The voice of the tall woman broke through her thinking as she explained what they were doing here. She gave a grin as she heard that they could have almost any pokemon they wanted in any gender and could have it shiny if they so wished for it. Although she originally started off with the basic starter which was a cyndaquil, since she decided to start in Johto, the prospect of owning a much rarer and harder to find pokemon with several evolution methods was very appealing to her. She walked up the woman and asked, “Would it be possible if I got a female shiny eevee?”

The woman glanced at her and said, “Ah, a tough starter pokemon to start with, but a wonderful choice regardless.”

Azel stared in wonder as the shelf seemed to move on its own accord until it stopped and the pokeball nearest to her left arm was extended outwards slightly, indicating this was the one to pick up. She picked up and retreated to a spot that wasn’t crowded. She enlarged the pokeball and was about to throw it into the air until she heard a growl and looked around until she spotted the unmistakable red fur with black stripes of a growlithe and stared in wonder at the details. She quickly shook her head and with a silly grin and feeling like a child being given candy, threw her pokeball in the air and said, “I choose you eevee.”

The pokeball lobbed into the air and at the highest point, opened and a red beam shot out and quickly formed the shape of the eevee on the ground. As soon as all the color was visible on the eevee, there was a sparkle around before it dispersed, revealing it to be a shiny pokemon. The eevee let out a confused “vuie?” and spotted her before it became fearful and cowered slightly away. Azel had to suppress the urge to sigh and knelt down so she was closer to the pokemon’s eye level. She had to admit it though, whoever managed to develop this had amazing accuracy of details.

Double-oh-Platypus

[Monika Kruiper - Basement Level of Pokemon Company Headquarters.]

The whole concept of being inside the video game was starting to get to Monika's head. Sure, she had listened to her instructor carefully, taking in mental notes where she could, but really, this shouldn't be possible. However, she wasn't given too much time to think about it before she was being asked to follow a large group into a different room. Curious, like so many of her comrades, Monika followed in silence, listening to the leader of their group explain ... something. She wasn't really paying attention because the room they were standing in was much more interesting than what the lady had to say.

Poke Balls, hundreds of Poke Balls, lined the shelves that filled one whole part of the room while equipment that the trainers would use throughout the game filled the other available spaces. This was where they would start, where they would get their Pokemon, where they would start their journey.

Snapping back to attention, Monika grimaced as the crowd around her began jostling towards the lady at the front. Judging by what the others were saying, you need only ask her for a Pokemon of your choice and she would give it to you. Male, female, shiny or normal, she would have it. The idea was intriguing and soon enough, Monika found her way to the front of the line.

"Have you given a lot of thought to your Pokemon?" the lady asked kindly. Monika opened her mouth to reply before shutting it again. She hadn't really but she knew she didn't want to start off with something traditional. She had been there and done that back in her game on the computer (the game that she was now in, the skater reminded herself). There was the idea with going with something powerful, like a psychic Pokemon, but Monika preferred to float under the radar. Maybe later on ...

"I'll have ... a female Eevee." The words were out of her mouth before she had time to process them, but even as the lady handed her the Poke Ball, Monika knew she had made the right decision. An Eevee had the potential to be several different elemental types and was probably a very strategic move on her part.

"Good luck," the lady said kindly, ushering Monika along so that the trainers behind her could get their Pokemon. The skater maneuvered her way through the crowd, spotting an older girl with an Eevee of her own. However, the colouring was off on the little dog-like Pokemon and Monika knew it was 'shiny'. Just looking at the uniqueness of it sent Monika's stomach into a swirling mass of butterflies and she quickly fled to a different part of the room where others were releasing their Pokemon too.

Once stationed in a small patch of the room, Monika pressed the button on her Poke Ball, watching it enlarge in her hand. This is so surreal, she thought faintly, squeezing the sides as the lady had instructed and watching as a red beam of light shot out from the ball. The beam quickly formed into a blob, which formed into the shape of a small canine, which quickly became detailed with fur and bright black eyes. It was only another moment before Monika was staring back at an Eevee, a creature she had only seen previously on her computer screen.

"Vee?" it asked questioningly, it's long ears twitching to pick up the sounds of the room. It seemed to smile at Monika, and almost on her own accord, the skater felt her mouth tugging up into a smile of its own.

Alliance

Re-Arrival
Evelyn Sommers-Night
Basement Level of the Pokemon Company Headquaters

Evelyn followed like the others, curious as to what lay behind the door. Being in a virtual reality could use some getting used to, but her interest in Pokemon kept her moving on.

The next room, in color, was rather bland. Just simple white. No flashy colors. Which, considering Evelyn's bright outfit and hair color, would take more getting used to. However, the Poke-wall on the other end of the room drew her attention away from the wall colors.

Pokeballs. Hundreds upon hundreds of Pokeballs, all the same red and white, like Voltorb, but smaller. Evelyn's soon became lost staring at them. There were so many to choose from. Which one to choose? Personally, she wanted a small, cute Pichu, so it could be like her in-game Pikachu she loved. However, she decided to follow the games more accurately, and pick a grass type or something. Afterall, Evelyn loved Grass types.

She walked up slowly, her mind whirling as she considered possibilities. Grass/Ground, Grass/Poison and Grass. From her knowledge. Her mind clicked as she thougt up the 5 Pokemon she wanted to choose from; Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig and Snivy/Tsujarta.

Her mind had clearly already decided on a choice. "I'll have a Bulbasaur, Male." She asked the glamorous woman.

"An interesting choice." The woman commented. She poked some glowing buttons, and a Pokeball moved foward slightly, at around waist height. The woman took the small Pokeball from the tiny claw, and handed it to Evelyn.

Hardly able to contain her excitement, she wandered over to a small spot where she could release her Pokemon without interruption. She clutched it as she remembered being told to, and it enlarged slightly. She tightned her grip slightly, and, on instinct, muttered, "Go, Bulbasaur." A red light, jagged like lightning, shot from the centre of her Pokeball, before striking the floor. Once in contact, the light began to twist and turn, creating a shape. The red light then dissapeared, it's work complete.

The small Pokemon opened his big red eyes, focusing on Evelyn. "Bulba?" He inquired, taking a tentative step foward. Before doing a neat tumble. "Saur!" He said cheerfully, in a giggly manner. Evelyn grinned. "Hey Bulbasaur. I'm gonna be you trainer from now on!"
Bulbasaur headbutted her leg gently in response.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Diane Diamond: Basement Level of the Pokemon Company Headquaters

Diane followed the crowd, wondering what lay beyond the door. The blonde woman turned the knob and let the door swing open, allowing them inside. Upon looking up, Diane could not believe her eyes.

Pokeballs. A crapload of Pokeballs lay in front of them, Diane was sure that there were at least five hundred, possibly a thousand, Pokeballs. She lined up behind some people, eager to choose her Pokemon. As she waited, she took out a folded sheet of paper and unfolded it. On it were several sketches of her favorite Pokemon that she had done herself.

"Hmm...what the heck should I pick? Male Houndour, Pawniard, Deino, Female Sneasel, Absol, Zorua or Female Feebas?" She asked herself as she studied the sketches of their final forms, obviously having difficulty deciding.

"Next, please." The blonde woman called out, snapping the nineteen-year-old out of her thoughts. Diane quickly moved forward, stared at the Pokeballs, then back at the piece of paper. After several moments, she took a deep breath.

"Houndour. Male, please." Diane decided. The blonde woman smiled as she handed her the Pokeball.

"An unusual, yet interesting choice indeed. Good luck." She said as Diane accepted the Pokeball. The blonde woman then instructed Diane how to use the Pokeball. After listening, Diane walked over to a corner and pressed the center button of the ball, enlarging it. She gripped the sides a little tighter.

"Go, Houndour." She called. A red beam of light shot out of the center of the ball. Diane watched excitedly as the beam hit the floor and took the form of a canine-like Pokemon. The red light soon faded, and on the floor stood a small, black-and-red Doberman pup-like Pokemon. Diane grinned.

"Hound?" He barked tentatively. Diane walked over to it and patted it gently. The Houndour, to her surprise was quite friendly.

"He must have a Mild Nature.." She thought as she took it in her arms, allowing it to nuzzle her.

"Hello, my Houndour." She said softly as she stroked his fur.

Last edited:

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
OOC: sorry, i have been to busy to post recently, then their was B/W and.....stuff. since i'm late, i'll skip arriving into VR

Kari Kami

Kari made a mental note to tell her parents to fund Poketroplis's smoothness apon entre into the VR. "Now, where do i go from here" thought Kari when she noticed the group of kids by some kind of pokemon selector. Against the cream colored walls and such, they stuck out like a sore thumb. Then again, she stuck out more. Her head began to spin and she had to brace herself on a wall. Her headaches come and go alot recently, so this wasn't as bad. Walking over to the group, she tossed the orange part of her hair out of her eye and got into the line. When it was her turn, she looked at her arm, covered by the long sleeve, and said "Female Sewaddle, please"

"Intresting choice" spoke the woman, handing Kari the pokeball. Seperating from the group, she tossed the ball into the air and said "Sewaddle, come on out!"

Their was a flash of white light, and a Sewaddle appeared on the floor. It took one look at Kari, and then jumped onto her hair and and proceded to make a nest out of it. "Well, at least your friendly" sighed Kari "I think the name Razor would work, what do you think?" Razor anwsered with a Razorleaf ino the air. "Razor it is, then"

Last edited:

Serenus

Hey Betsy!
((Apologies, but I'm too busy to continue with this RP))

GoldenrodGirl

THE!MID!NIGHT!BEAST!
Before Karma could ask anyone what the hell was going on and why the hell were they so relaxed and not freaking out despite the fact they'd most likely been abducted just like she had been?!, a blonde woman had ushered them into a blindingly white room filled with all sorts of technology that didn't look familiar at all to Karma. After, all why would they? They looked extremely complex and not to mention very expensive.

Despite all the advanced technology, the thing that struck Karma as the strangest thing in the room had to be the wall completely covered in balls that were all completely the same-about the size of an orange, half red, half white, with a little circle in between the black line that separated the two colours. Even more surpising, they almost looked...familiar to Karma?

'That's it!' Karma realised, after scrutinizing her brain for the answer. 'Those things are Pokeballs! As in those capture capsules from that game Pokemon!' Karma thought. 'So, I must be in some sort of cosplaying expo thing where everybody dresses up and pretends they're in the Pokemon world or whatever! But...I still don't get why they dragged me here...Ah well, not the point! Let's just play along with their little game and then get the hell outta here!'

"And what about you? Which Pokemon would you like?"

Karma jumped, startled by the interruption. She looked up to see the blonde woman smiling cheesily at her, her teeth almost as blinding as the room.

"Ummm..."

Karma frantically racked her brain for a name of a Pokemon. It didn't matter which one, any would do! The sooner she got her Pokemon, the sooner she could leave, right?

"Uh, Pi...?" Karma begun, trying to remember the name. "Chu? Pikachu, that's it!" Karma grinned, proud that she'd managed to remember the name after over a decade.

"I'm sorry, but your Pokemon must be in their first evolution stage. How about Pichu, Pikachu's pre-decessor?" The woman offered.

"Yeah, sure, that's fine!" Karma agreed. Damn it! More mistakes like this and she'd look like an idiot to the other people, who definitely seemed to know what Pokemon and their pre-decessors were.

"And what gender would you like your Pokemon to be?" The woman inquired, already processing commands on the wall covered in Pokeballs.

"Female, please." Karma replied. For nearly the whole of her life, Karma had been the only girl in the family, so maybe having a female (Even if it was an animal/Pokemon/whatever) around would be nice. Speaking of which, what would actually be inside the Pokeballs? Had they actually gotten animals to dress up as Pokemon? If so, that was pretty sick-minded and not to mention cruel. And how would they manage to fit inside the capsules?

"Here you go." The woman awoke Karma from her deep thoughts, and she looked up to see a mechanical arm extending to give Karma the Pokeball.

"Uh, thanks." Karma muttered awkwardly, taking the Pokeball. It felt warm, and somehow familiar. She turned it over, studying it, before finally following the woman's instructions.

Karma pressed the button in the center of the Pokeball, causing it to enlarge to twice its original size, before squeezing it gently. The Pokeball suddenly snapped open as a red light shot out of the capsule onto the floor, forming a strange shape.

A small, rodent-like creature no taller than half a metre stood on the ground on its hind legs, like a human. Its fur was a buttercup yellow, which ended with black fur on the tips of its large, pointy ears and its tail, its neck also marked black, almost like a collar of some sort. Its big brown, sparkling eyes were almost as big as the two candy-pink circles on its cheeks.

"Pi? Pichu!" The creature chirped, happily dancing on the floor.

"What the hell has this world come to?" Karma muttered, shaking her head in disbelief as she watched the 'Pokemon' skip in a circle, chasing its own tail.

lxdarknessxl

Asian Epicness
(Uhh... The "ALERT" part is what I just say when I see something. and just so you know, it says that Jean changed the post before you posted... I mean, a DAY before, so... yea. before, she controlled every character, making them say things they never said, not even talking to the OCs first. So, that's the reason I said "ALERT". I'm not taking your job as the GM away from you, just helping out by making it so only one post must be changed, instead of fifteen posts because someone mistook it as what happened.)

((Oh, and I meant like, Nintendo headquarters, where they linked him into the game from there. It DOES take place in the real world, and the pokemon world is only in the game, right?))

(((OH, right, I forgot to say this, but Light changed before he left. he isn't in a suit anymore. He's wearing the same thing as in my SU. =P sorry.)))

"Why, hello everyone. It's a pleasure to meet you." said Light, when he noticed it. Wait a minute, this may be the only chance I get to be a normal child! Why am I still talking formally?

He tried to open his mouth again to speak, but some lady came in front of them. “Hello everyone, I’m Ann and I’ll be walking you through the basics of virtual reality in Pokétropolis. We’re very glad you all could make it and we’re proud to present our newest technology to the younger generation.” Her teeth sparkled, making her speech even more saccharine. Light just stood there smiling. “Now if you could all follow me…” She walked back the way she came and everyone followed, like lemmings.

“Whoa…” Robin breathed when they entered the room. Light wondered why, until he saw the room. It was large, with more than enough room for all of them to fit it, and blank white. The walls were covered from top to bottom though. On their right, packs of various shapes and sized were hung about while strange yet familiar looking technology sat upon randomly placed ledges. But, the thing that most likely impressed Robin, and probably the other players like Light, the most was the wall to their left. Hundreds of Pokéballs stuck to the wall, covering it completely. A mechanical clip held them there in their miniature form, waiting to be picked. Robin gasped, and broke into a grin. Meanwhile, Light's smile faded, and the reason was easy for him to know, but not for the others. Huh, reminds me of home. I don't like it.

“Alright,” chirped the woman, “We will start by giving you your Pokémon. You can choose from any of the 649 in regular and shiny variety, so long as they are first stage. If you prefer a bit of a challenge, you can opt for a random choice instead. This Pokémon will be your first one, forever your closest partner, so be very sure of your decision.” Her face turned into something frightenly serious, extremely out of place for her . She gave that a moment to sink in and then let her smile return. “How about we start with you? Ladies first, right?”

The woman indicated Robin, that lucky girl. Without showing an ounce of fear, she grinned, stood up straight, and put on a thinking face... until it seemed as if she finally got it.
“I’ll take a Growlithe please. Umm… female?”

“Ah, a wonderful choice,” smiled the woman. She pushed a couple of buttons on the wall filled with Pokéballs while she continued talking. “Once you get your Pokéball, press the center white button once to enlarge. Once large, it will open by squeezing its sides. A red beam will shoot out and form into the Pokémon within and close again. Please stay calm and quite as they are still animals. They are young and might be frightened so for now, be gentle.” She finished as a Pokéball was moved to waist height for her to pick up. She detached it from the little claw and returned to Robin. She rolled the little ball into her hand.

“Everyone, line up to place your order for a Pokémon and release yours as soon as you get it so you can get acquainted.” She motioned at Robin to do so as everyone started to line up. She nodded and held the little sphere in one shaking hand. With the other, she pushed the center button. Joy welled up was the ball enlarged with an almost comical sound. She then held it out at arm’s length, just like in the anime, and squeezed the sides, aiming at an empty spot of the room in front of her. Light heard the familiar sound and saw the red laser. The shape of a Growlithe appeared in red and the details slowly came in. Robin stood in front of a nearly real life Growlithe.

“Grrrrowl!” the fire-type growled. Light recognised the pokemon from his friends, if anyone can call them that, told him about. Also, Light played a downloaded version of Pokemon before, until someone found out. If Light remembered correctly, it was Klaus, one of Light's butlers. Soon, everyone had gotten their pokemon, and lastly was Light, the only boy in the room at the current time.

"So? What Pokemon would you like, Prince?" the woman in front of him said to him. Prince gave it no thought, and knew what he was going to say.

"If I may-" began Light, when he shook his head. This confused the woman, but then he began to speak again. "Sorry, keep forgetting that I can speak normally right now. Please let me have an Absol. Either gender's fine, seeing as how it's not going to make much difference."

"um... OH right! Sorry, forgot about your history for a second there." said the woman, who was still confused, until just then. Again, the woman smiled. "Sure, so, you chose an Absol, right? Good choice, prideful pokemons fits you. I'll get you a female, just because there seems to be more females than males in the game so far."

"Um... thanks? I think?" spoke Light, and the woman left for a bit to get the pokeball, then soon came back. She pressed the button to enlargen the ball, just to show the newbie, handed the pokeball to Light cheerfully, but when Light grabbed the pokeball, he accidentally pressed the button... and an Absol tackled him to the ground. The woman yelped, but Light simply smiled and began to scratch the Absol behind the pokemon's ear, which caused the pokemon to wag her tail. "No worries, seems like a cheerful type... or an obedient. Either way, she's fine."

Suddenly, the Absol began to lick Light's cheek, which made him laugh, due to the ticklishness. "H-hey! That's ticklish! Calm down!"

After the comment, the Absol got off Light, and looked at him, wagging her tail. Light smiled, and began to pet her. "So, you seem to be of the obedient types, huh? From now, your name will be 'Abby', okay?"

"Absol!" cried Abby in joy.

Monty

The North Wind
Riley Alexander: Home

Riley was sitting at his desk gnawing on the tip of his pen while staring intently at the final math equation. Math was not his strongest subject, so it took him a lot more effort to complete it. He continued to sit this way until he heard a faint ping. He looked in the direction of his open laptop to see a window had opened up. Riley pulled his laptop closer to examine what the message was about. It was a challenge from another Pokétropolis player. He was contemplating rather or not he should accept.

“Maybe later…homework comes first.” Riley said with a bit of disappointment attached to his words. He quickly denied the request before gently pushing his laptop away.

He once again looked at the doozey of a math equation and began to try to find a solution. It seemed to him that he would be sitting here all night. I need a break-I’ll get help with it tomorrow, Riley thought to himself. He closed the book and grabbed his laptop once again.

“Hmm…I should probably train my Pokémon. I don’t have a chance at beating Sabrina at my current level.” Riley said as he navigated his character through the fields. After several battles Riley saw a moderator approach his character. What’s a moderator want with me. A speech bubble appeared above the moderator.

“Hello Player Riley. We would like to offer you a chance to test the new virtual reality aspect of Pokétropolis. For no extra cost, you can experience what our staff has been working on for the past few years. Accept Y / N?”

“Seriously,” Riley wasn’t expecting an offer such as this. “How could I even use a virtual reality without any equipment? Oh! I guess they’re going to ship it to me.”

Riley accepted the offer and was about to continue playing the game until a beam of light burst forth from his computer screen. It completely enveloped him. His body began to feel more like a liquid than solid as he felt himself being pulled forward. What is going on, he thought before finally loosing consciousness.

…Pokémon Company Headquarters: Kanto and Johto Branch: Basement Level

Riley eyes began to rapidly blink open and close before adjusting to his surroundings. Where am I?

“Hello? Riley. Over Here.” A voice belonging to a man called over to him. Riley turned to see a man dressed in a rather long white robe. He approached Riley with a clipboard in his hand. “How are you feeling?”

“I’m…well, I guess.” Riley said. He didn’t feel as if anything was wrong. “Um…how exactly did I get here? I remember sitting at my computer.”

“Well we beamed you on over. It’s a technology that we managed to perfect…after several tries.” The man said nonchalantly. “Well, it’s good to see you’ve retained your memory. I’m going to run a few quick tests to confirm that everything has happened properly.”
After several routine test and some rather simple questions the exam was done.

“Now you seem to be a bit behind the others as they have already begun receiving their Pokémon, but I’ll take you over in a second.” The man said while entering some data into his computer.

Riley just sat on the chair waiting for the man to complete his tasks. I guess this is the game. Finally, the man got up and motioned for Riley to follow him through a door in the wall, so Riley did as asked. They made their way to the door opposite of where they had just come from. The door opened and the man said, “Through here you go. Talk to the tall blonde woman she shall tell you everything else you need to know, but if you have questions don’t be afraid to ask them.”

“Okay. Thanks.” Riley said as he walked through the entrance. The room he entered was startlingly white, as well as bright. It was a bit uncomfortable to look at. He noticed several others scattered around the room with what seemed to be Pokémon! Riley saw that there were several Pokéballs on a wall and standing near it was the blonde woman that the man had described. Riley made his way over to her. She noticed him approaching and a smile formed across her face; she had a stunning smile. Riley extended his hand once reaching her and shook her hand.

“Hello my name is Ann and I will be explaining to you the basics of the game.” She said with enough sweetness to cause a toothache. “But first, I need you to choose a Pokémon. You may choose from any of the 649 preexisting Pokémon in their most basic form.”

“This is all so unreal…” Riley thought about what Pokémon to choose for a moment. He liked raising ones that proved challenging. Then suddenly it popped into his mind, “May I have a male Bagon?”

“You most certainly can. Bagon is a rather taxing Pokémon to train.” Ann said as she began to operate the machine that controlled the wall, “Here we go! Now, once you get the Pokéball, press the button in the center. Once it expands squeeze the sides. This should trigger the red beam that will come out and form the Pokémon.

A mechanical hand extended forward holding out a Pokéball for Riley to grab. He took it in his hand, and he did as instructed. A red beam shot forth and formed a small Pokémon with quite a large head. The details, such as the blue skin, began to appear. After the formation was completed a Bagon was standing in front of him.

“Bagonnnnnnn!” It shouted before confidently strutting over to Riley. Riley reached down to pet its domed head.

“How ya doin’ buddy?” Riley asked.

“Ba?” Bagon said as it shrugged its shoulders.