• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokéventure Fun Park Discussion

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Basically, lets all watch documentaries on theme parks and throw everything we learn in to the RP. lol
Edit: Oh my God! Betsy's mother sounds horrible!

Last edited:

Skillfulness

Oh my goodness, I totally forgot about the VIP-ness of the tickets too. Aren't I such a responsible GM?

So I lowered staff members to 6 per ride, only 2 of each. While 1 for the whole park could work, from what Tangeh has said I don't think that would be fair for the NPCs ;)

Also added a bit about mascots. Go ahead and be creative with it! I was thinking something like those cool Chinese dragons in celebrations were you have multiple people control parts of it, but a Rayquaza instead. Just picture it...

While I haven't watched any amusement park documentaries, I have been on wikipedia quite a bit... Also, would anyone be opposed to a theme song for the RP? (click here if you dare, or just YouTube it)

Schade

Metallic Wonder
That theme made me want to check under my bed for killer-Clowns before going to bed..

Psychic

Really and truly
I was thinking it would be kind of lame to have your picture taken with a person dressed like a Pokemon when you could have your picture taken with an actual Pokemon. People dressed like legendaries makes sense, and that hadn't occured to me.

I had to Google what Hoenn Rangers Coexistence Force was. I've played Alpha Sapphire, and apparently I didn't pay attention to this part of the game or something. :/ From what I've read though, that sounds like something Leo would love. xD
I think even so, people love mascots - they're especially big in Japan where they are very stylized, and are used everywhere, representing everything from cities to police forces. Point is I think they have a lot of appeal!

And yeah, they're easy to forget - I only remembered because I was playing AS yesterday and saw them referenced in a Poke Mart, haha.

Basically, lets all watch documentaries on theme parks and throw everything we learn in to the RP. lol
You don't even know the half of it, I absolutely love docs about anything related to theme parks (even when they're essentially glorified commercials)!

Oh my goodness, I totally forgot about the VIP-ness of the tickets too. Aren't I such a responsible GM?

So I lowered staff members to 6 per ride, only 2 of each. While 1 for the whole park could work, from what Tangeh has said I don't think that would be fair for the NPCs ;)

Also added a bit about mascots. Go ahead and be creative with it! I was thinking something like those cool Chinese dragons in celebrations were you have multiple people control parts of it, but a Rayquaza instead. Just picture it...

While I haven't watched any amusement park documentaries, I have been on wikipedia quite a bit... Also, would anyone be opposed to a theme song for the RP? (click here if you dare, or just YouTube it)
Haha, I was actually thinking of a Chinese Dragon Rayquaza but was t sure if it would fit with the park's theme. Glad I could give some good ideas, haha!

~Pzychic

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Chinese Dragon Rayquaza sounds fitting. Two-three people in the suit, jumping around to sound effects!! God, Zack is going to explore that consept of the park later!!

Tangeh

I imagine the park being like Disney World. I considered suggesting having people in costumes running around. Then I remembered that Pokemon are real, and that would be silly. xD

Sounds eventful. o_o But yeah, it sounds like this is more the scale of a Disney World.

Or the Hoenn Rangers Coexistence Force! :O

In that case... gift shops, gift shops everywhere!

I also didn't know what the Hoenn Rangers Coexistence Force was... it's from ORAS? I mean I abandoned my playthrough around Lilycove so maybe that's why. xD I should get back into it.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Hoenn Rangers Coexistence Force? What's that? It doesn't sounds familiar..

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I haven't seen any referances to them in the game what so ever. lol

Schade

Metallic Wonder
This RP won't go totally 'Final Destination' on us, will it? I am getting the vibe that something evil will appear, and the OP leads to something scary. lol
I'll post again shortly.

Also: This should be the park theme. It is adorable, kid-friendly, and no one will suspect an evil being terrorizing anyone!

Last edited:

Skillfulness

Ah yes, nothing will go wrong at all. Everything is completely fine I totally promise. Now I'm listening to Mystery Dungeon music and feeling all sad cuz of the memories. Don't tempt me to make a whole playlist for the RP, I mean it.

Tangeh

This RP won't go totally 'Final Destination' on us, will it? I am getting the vibe that something evil will appear, and the OP leads to something scary. lol

omfg when I was 13 a few friends and I tried to sneak into the theme park final destination (#3??) and we did not succeed. In fact we failed again with The Final Destination a few years later and to this day I've only ever watched the first one. I don't even like horror movies I forgot we did that loool

I now feel very unprepared for this RP...

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Ah yes, nothing will go wrong at all. Everything is completely fine I totally promise. Now I'm listening to Mystery Dungeon music and feeling all sad cuz of the memories. Don't tempt me to make a whole playlist for the RP, I mean it.

Good idea! Let's all do that! and the childish ways of Mystery dungeon really captures the spirit of the theme park! At least I think it does...

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
In that case... gift shops, gift shops everywhere!

I also didn't know what the Hoenn Rangers Coexistence Force was... it's from ORAS? I mean I abandoned my playthrough around Lilycove so maybe that's why. xD I should get back into it.

There's action figures for sale at the Weather Institute, but the price tags are faded, so you don't get the option of buying them.

If you make a playlist, I will not listen to it, my internet cannot take it.

If you're going to use Final Destination as inspiration, you might want to read the original script, it's scarier then the actual movie.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
If you're going to use Final Destination as inspiration, you might want to read the original script, it's scarier then the actual movie.

Which is bad considering the movies are grousome. They are the only movies where I just go "Nope, don't wanna watch it!", and if people ask me why, I just go "Nope!" Ain't gonna happen, gurl.

Are there? Imma visit the weather institute then.

Tangeh

There's action figures for sale at the Weather Institute, but the price tags are faded, so you don't get the option of buying them.

Oh really? Guess I missed that.

And nty. :p I don't really mind gore because I can close my eyes and then it's gone. xD I do really poorly with psychological thrillers though. I yell at the TV because the people always do stupid things. ;-;

Skillfulness

I enjoy a horror movie here and there, but, to be honest, I watch YouTubers play scary video games more often and it's just so funny.

On another note, I totally forgot about the possibility of Pokémon battles so I added another rule for the park. Basically, no Pokémon battling in the park! Also want to know what people think of when I should get the plot rolling? I could sit through another week of posting simply having fun at the park, but I got plans (half-finished plans but let's not worry about that..) and those plans will need to be carried out eventually.