• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokéventure Fun Park: Sign-ups

Skillfulness

Ah now I've confused you all >_< Monster Guy, I just read this part about Leo being on the boat, "He mostly spent the night playing with his yo-yo," then was confused when he ran off to the park. We all arrive a day before the actual anniversary day. I gotta go to a thing in a bit here so I'll resopnd to other stuff later, just had to clear that up.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Alrighty, I think I fixed everything.

Skillfulness

.Aerodactyl., Monster Guy, and VampirateMace, you're all accepted! We will have quite the interesting bunch on this adventure, should be a great time. I think I'll add in a climbing obstacle course kind of ride. There's a cool one at Six Flags I can base it off of. Also VampirateMace, I like the personality section because it lets me get into the characters head and figure out how they tick >:) I will say it is a lot easier to figure a character out by how they react to a situation, but that won't start till the RPG starts so I like a sneak preview.

Everyone: While I'd like to shoot for starting the RPG on Monday, I can't guarantee anything. Hope for it to start then, SU's will be accepted for maybe a week after it starts. We'll see, play it by ear.

Tangeh

Edit: All done!

Name: Cael Lancaster

Appearance: Cael has been on the thin side his entire life and reaches about 5'10" in height, making him a bit lanky. He struggles to gain weight, giving him little body fat and less muscle than he'd like. His face is oval-shaped and he generally leaves a bit of stubble on it. His skin, while not deathly pale, does tend to burn easily but will eventually tan. He has a number of small scars across his body, mostly on his arms but he does have a vertical one under his ear that trails a short way down his neck. His hair is a natural sandy-blonde, and while only an inch or two long, tends to stick up at odd angles unless he coats it in hair-gel (which he only does for formal occasions). He does sometimes gel the front of his hair so it stays neatly out of his face. His eyes are a steely-blue, and his eyebrows are rather thin.

He tends to wear a lot of logo t-shirts simply because he's been given many at promotional events and the like. Wanting to stay neutral for the trip, he's opting to wear one advocating the Johto Pokemon League for the day at the park. It has a black base, and the front has white silhouettes of ho-oh and lugia on either side of a golden flaming cup adorned with a pokeball in the center. Surrounding the logo in a circle are the eight Johto Badges. The back has large white print that says "Johto Pokemon League" and in small print the names of the gym leaders, elite four members, and champion. He's also wearing blue jeans and sneakers.

Personality: Something of a "class clown", Cael loves to make other people smile and laugh and tends to crack a lot of jokes. Sometimes he crosses over lines doing this and accidentally offends somebody, but it is never intentional and he's quick to apologize if he thinks he's done something wrong. Outgoing and very ambitious and driven, he's full of energy and uses each day to its full extent. He usually only goes to sleep when he's literally collapsing from exhaustion. He isn't one to be able to sleep when told and absolutely cannot nap. He's outgoing and very friendly, but tends to do poorly with negative emotions (whether they come from himself or another person) and isn't very empathetic. He tends to try to distract from the negative rather than properly confront or discuss it, and sometimes struggles to see others' points of view. He's good with kids ("as long as they're old enough to use a toilet") considering he runs a trainer school.

During his teenage years he was a huge thrill-seeker and sustained a number of scars, though fortunately none of them mar his face. His hobbies at that time included skateboarding/ longboarding/ snowboarding, rock climbing, and skydiving with the help of his pokemon. Now in his mid-twenties he doesn't find the time to do these things anymore, though he definitely still has a passion for them. He can still be described as reckless, though he doesn't have as many opportunities to demonstrate it outside of battle.

History: Born in Mahogany Town, Johto as the only child of a middle-class couple, Cael grew up eagerly awaiting the day he would turn ten so that he could begin his pokemon journey. He idolized the local gym leader, Pryce, and snuck out of the house to watch gym battles whenever he could. Once his tenth birthday passed, he left Mahogany with his two childhood friends - Eli and Holly - and the three of them traveled to New Bark Town to obtain their first pokemon. They each chose different starters - Eli with totodile, Holly with cyndaquil, and Cael with chikorita. Realizing quickly that he would have a type disadvantage against the first two gyms, Cael went out of his way to train harder and catch pokemon that would have an appropriate type-advantage against flying and bug-type pokemon. He swept Falkner easily with a geodude he'd caught in Dark Cave, while his two friends suffered losses that they would never end up overcoming.

Cael proved to be a natural on the battlefield, and though his two friends continued to travel and train with them, neither of them were interested in pursuing the league challenge any longer. Eli eventually went on to study medicine (Cael jokes that he was the one who inspired the idea, considering he injured himself on a fairly regular basis), and Holly patented a number of pokemon-related devices and did very well as an entrepreneur. Both of his traveling companions left him when they returned to Mahogany, so Cael continued on his chosen path alone with his pokemon team. He trained for a long while on Mt. Silver before taking on the Elite Four, and he managed to beat all four of them but lost several times to Lance. He attained national news coverage when he finally managed to narrowly defeat Lance, but opted not to take the title of champion, at the time not wanting the pressure and confinement that the title brought with it.

He went on to obtain the eight Kanto badges as well, but then decided to go into semi-retirement at the precarious age of twenty-four. He had a girlfriend at the time, and she was nagging him to stop traveling and settle down. Cael used his savings to fund a non-profit trainer school for young children in Mahogany Town, as he felt he would have really loved an opportunity to learn battle skills at a young age before he started on his journey. Not even six months later, his girlfriend left without giving a reason, leaving Cael devastated and desperately wondering what he had done wrong. Not long afterward, Pryce contacted him and asked if he would consider taking over the Mahogany Gym when he retired. Seeking focus in his life to distract himself from the break up and confident that his school was capable of running without him being there, he agreed and began studying ice-types more intensely, wanting to retain the type of the gym he'd grown up with.

As of now, he works tirelessly at training and trying to organize a roster for the gym, as well as trying as best he can to oversee the operations of his trainer school. He's working hard to implement a program for special-needs children, and is excited but exhausted by the progress. At first he thought he would have to turn down the free day at the new amusement park, but his friends and colleagues insisted he needed a break and assured him that everything would be fine for a couple of days without him. He eventually warmed up to the idea, and began to be excited for the opportunity to visit the Fun Park.

Other: Cael owns several dozen pokemon, though all except the four below are in storage. He may make reference to the others, but won't be able to retrieve them.

Pokemon (up to six)

Species: Meganium
Nickname: Sorrel

Personality: Once a lively headstrong chikorita, age and evolution has mellowed Sorrel considerably. He's gentle and kind to anyone, so long as they don't threaten him or his friends. Being a father of many chikorita himself, he has a particular soft spot for youngsters. Though he hasn't been used in a battle for over a year, he was at one time a part of Cael's champion team and is still quite a formidable opponent.

History: Cael's first ever pokemon, received as a chikorita from Professor Elm. Sorrel traveled through the entirety of Johto and Kanto and played a notable role in many challenges, not least of which was his win against Lance. After Cael went into retirement, Professor Elm asked if he would consider lending Sorrel to a breeding program to provide young chikorita to starting trainers, to which Cael agreed, thus separating the two for the first time since they were united. Though Sorrel is treated very well by the pokemon breeders that attend to him and loves being at the center, Cael still thinks about him every day. Cael asked special permission to take Sorrel out to spend some time together at the amusement park, thus uniting the two for the first time in over a year.

Appearance: N/A
Other: Resides in a poke ball.

Species: Golduck
Nickname: Dover

Personality: Dover is rash, pushy, and headstrong. He's quick to initiate battles and quick to end them if he gets his way. He and Cael have a brotherly relationship and often tease each other and push each other around in mock-fights, though it never escalates to anything serious. In the beginning of their relationship Cael had a lot of trouble getting Dover (then a psyduck) to obey him, and evolution didn't help matters any. Though Cael eventually earned his respect (if only because Dover realized he has poor decision-making skills on his own), he will still sometimes act indifferent to requests outside of a battle and will never take orders from anyone except Cael.

History: Dover was captured as a psyduck on Route 35 and he's traveled on and off with Cael since then. Their relationship really solidified during his journey through Kanto, and he has been Cael's top pokemon since Sorrel left. He helps Cael with his work and training on a daily basis and similar to his trainer has a high level of endurance.

Other: Resides in a great ball.

Species: Skarmory
Nickname: Topaz
Personality: She is a surprisingly calm and quiet pokemon, though is very expressive in her gestures and Cael has learned to read a wide variety of expressions, though she doesn't make it hard for many to do the same. Cael loves to use Topaz with children who are afraid of pokemon, as her intimidating appearance contradicts her passive nature. Cael and Topaz used to practice flying a lot when she was first caught, and they still fly together on occasion for fun. He uses her primarily as a transportation pokemon, and she doesn't see battle very often, though the two are very close and she's more than capable of fighting if Cael commands her.

History: Cael captured Topaz just outside of Blackthorn City, meaning she joined very late in his Johto career. Though she trained with Cael on Mt. Silver, he did not end up using her in his elite four battle. Flying with her became a beloved pastime for both trainer and pokemon, giving them a bit of a special relationship as she was the only pokemon Cael kept in his party for reasons outside of battling. This was the main reason Cael decided to bring her to the Park, as their bond was based off of fun and play.

Appearance: Topaz loves being groomed, so Cael either makes time or gets somebody else to polish her on a daily basis, giving her body a lustrous sheen.
Other: Resides in an ultra ball.

Species: Glaceon
Nickname: Zero

Personality: He's a bit shy when first meeting others, but is friendly and eager to play once the ice is broken ((...no pun intended)). Still quite young and curious about the world, but an eager learner and Cael is thrilled with his progress and expects him to be the center pokemon of the Mahogany Gym once he takes over as gym leader. Zero is brave in tough situations and willing to do just about anything for others, even those he doesn't know.

History: Cael acquired him from an eevee breeder in Sinnoh last year and requested he be brought to the Ice Rock to evolve before being shipped to Johto. As such, Zero evolved very young. Cael did this purposefully so he would grow up as an ice-type and be able to learn glaceon's full move-set as he leveled-up. He trains with Cael on a daily basis with the other ice-type pokemon, though Cael favours him over the others quite a bit.

Other: Resides in a luxury ball.

Species: Tyranitar
Nickname: Angel

Personality: Powerful and very hard to control. Quick to anger and even quicker to attack, she listens to Cael only from years of training with him. She does not do well with human strangers, but will tolerate pokemon so long as they show respect for her. A single offhand comment will quickly send her into a rampage. She is considered dangerous and Cael does not allow anybody to use her without his supervision.

History: Cael caught Angel on Mt. Silver as a larvitar shortly after he captured Topaz. Even as a larvitar she was quiet, moody, and very food-possessive. Cael took advantage of her nature and turned her into a ruthless fighter. She was a key part of his champion team, but the only one not allowed at the interviews afterwards. Cael left her behind for obvious reasons, but took her out of the park PC when the demons started to attack.

Other: Resides in a dark ball.

Species: Furret
Nickname: Julia

Personality: Positive and upbeat, but easy to startle and not very confident in her battle skills. A social butterfly to all around her and a very sweet pokemon. Cael uses her extensively to socialize his students but rarely pits her in battle.

History: Cael caught Julia's mother on Route 29 when he was first starting out - she was his first capture. Likewise, Julia was the result of Cael's first breeding endeavor, so the two have a close bond as she was the first pokemon Cael raised from infancy. Cael did not initially take her to the park as he figured she'd be nervous on most of the rides anyways, but retrieved her when the monsters started attacking mostly due to a lack of better options at that moment.

Other: Resides in a premiere ball.

Writing Sample:
Cael stretched out, taking up three seats on the ferry's balcony, and rested his sandy-blonde head on his crossed hands. Beside him, a massive skarmory preened at her metallic feathers as she sunbathed. The Skarmory - Topaz - had flown him all the way from Mahogany Town to the ferry station, where Cael insisted they stop for a break instead of continuing the short distance to the island where the Pokeventure Fun Park was located.

Topaz spread out her wings and turned her head in the direction of the sun with closed eyes, enjoying the warmth it had to offer. The rays bounced off of her gleaming body and demonstrated the amount of care that had gone into her polishing. Cael tipped his head and chuckled. "Still wish we'd kept going?" Topaz gave him a side-eyed glare before returning her focus to sunbathing.

Cael was in no rush to get to the island. His ticket was for tomorrow, so he had plenty of time to arrive and get settled. He couldn't remember the last time he'd been on a ferry, and had to admit that the gentle sea breeze was really relaxing. He glanced toward the front of the ship, where his young glaceon - Zero - was standing on two legs and staring in awe out at the sea. He was leaning on the banister with his two front paws, an innocent smile playing on his lips. Cael realized with a jolt that Zero had probably never seen the ocean before - the Lake of Rage was hardly much of a comparison.

Cael had decided to keep his remaining two pokemon in their pokeballs - Dover the golduck could be a bit of a troublemaker in public, and he felt that he was taking up more than his allowable ferry-space with Topaz without factoring in his two-hundred and twenty pound meganium, Sorrel. He played with Sorrel's pokeball in his hands - the first pokeball he'd ever owned... it felt good to have him back in his possession from the breeding program, even if only for a short while.

The ferry docked and Cael recalled Topaz into her ultra ball, but allowed Zero to bound ahead of him. "Glace!" he barked joyfully, making his excitement over the Park known to everyone around him. A little boy noticed the happy glaceon, and tottled over to pet him from behind. Cael watched carefully as Zero flinched in surprise, but quickly recovered once he saw who was petting him and wagged his tail politely at the child.

Cael glanced around first for the boy's parents, and noted a young woman watching from a short distance away. He got her attention with a wave, then crouched in front of the little boy. "This is my glaceon," Cael introduced, gaining the boy's attention. "His name is Zero. He's friendly, but some pokemon aren't, so always ask a trainer first before you pet one, okay? Try behind the ear, he loves that."

The boy nodded. "Okay!" He fell into a fit of giggles as Zero practically collapsed in joy at the ear rub.

"Sorry, is my son bothering you?" The young woman hurried over, but hesitated upon spotting Cael. "Say, you look sort of familiar..."

'Really? All the way out here? She must be from the Johto/ Kanto Region... Jeez, I hope I'm not more famous than I think I am.' Cael offered a grin. "I was on the box of Dodri-Os once. On TV a few times in championship battles too, but I seem to be better known for the cereal. Name's Cael Lancaster." ...Granted the cereal company was more interested in his champion dodrio (named Triplet), but he liked to think that was beside the point.

After talking briefly with the woman until her son had lost interest in Zero, Cael headed toward the hotel. It was late afternoon by this point, and he was more than ready to check in, eat supper, and explore the hotel before calling it a night. The hotel staff politely assigned him to room 212, and left him to settle in.

Last edited:

Skillfulness

Ah guys I'm so sorry! I got real busy this weekend and beginning of this week was equally busy. And now I'm going out of town til Friday so look for it to be started on Saturday. Gah I'm just a scatter brained mess right now, but I will see to this RPG.

Tangeh: I'll put you down as accepted. I ony hesitate because your character managed to go through two whole regions in 14 years, then have a school up and running in one year. He just seems so have accomplished a lot in a short time, which is alright by me. ((you totally did that pun on purpose, and I love the Dori-O's cereal XD))

Tangeh

I didn't think that was such a huge feat, I mean ash got eight gym badges in one year according to the anime lol. Cheren went from complete beginner in BW to gym leader in B2W2 so that's two years in the games. Fourteen seems kind of excessive now that I think about it, actually. The school I hesitated on but eh details... If they used an existing building I'm assuming it would be possible.

If by pun you mean his name rhyming with hail? Then actually it wasn't but I noticed afterwards lol. I just looked up the oldest (aka most likely to retire) gym leader in Johto and went from there but he was already named by that point. (Edit: I reread my sign up and obviously you're referring to the glaceon's sign up xD which seriously wasn't I couldn't think of another way to say the ice was broken so I went with it :p)

Last edited:

TheGOAT

Mac-Daddy
Sorry! I'll try to get a sign up ASAP.

.Aerodactyl.

Don't apologize Skillfulness, its alright :) You've done amazing work starting this for our enjoyment and we can all wait until Saturday. Not everyone is even done their sign up anyway.

I'm liking the character diversity so far, they sound like they will all be a neat mix :D

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I have a question though: Does this park feature one or more avenues specifically for shopping, salons, cafés, hotels etc.?

TheGOAT

Mac-Daddy
Name: Keith "Mac" McArthur

Appearance: Mac is a young man standing at 6'1" and built with a bit of muscle. He has strong, muscular arms and legs, but a flat stomach. He has medium-long, messy, brown hair that is usually never messed with. Mac gives off the usual "country-boy" look. He wears a black and white ball cap, blue and white flannel t-shirt that's opened with a white t-shirt underneath. He has on jeans, and is either wearing boots with a white top with either black lacing, or pink lacing, or white and blue tennis shoes. Nothing ever too fancy. Mac has a decent tan. He has a few scars, one on his right shoulder, one on the left side of his face, and another on his left bicep. Mac also wears a leather bracelet. Mac's face consists of small light freckles, and he has blue-green eyes, he has a sort of bigger nose, and he has a strong jaw line and chin. Mac usually has a wooden cross necklace around his neck as well.

Personality:Mac is the type of guy that would give the shirt off his back to someone if they needed it. He is generally a good, nice guy, but can be hot-tempered at times. He will always try to be in a good mood, flashing his smile and laughing, and just trying to be everyone's friend.
He also cares for his Pokemon and will give up anything to protect them. Mac grew up believing to treat everyone with equal respect, no matter what gender, race, or species. If Mac calls you a friend, then you know he has your back 100% through and through. If someone needs help then Mac is there to give a hand. No matter the labor, as he is generally a hard worker. He does have a few spells where he gets down-in-the-dumps though, and just wants to be left alone, usually thinking about thoughts in the past and just putting himself down even more. He does get out of this "spell" of sadness though, when his Pokemon or friends come along to cheer him up. Mac is also the quiet type, but only if he doesn't know you, usually standing in the back of a few new people and just listening and watching how they act to get a feel of them to see if he likes them or not. Once he knows you and relax's some, he is very energetic and competitive, usually always looking for a friendly competition in something, but he isn't a sore loser or winner if he doesn't win. He usually will just laugh about the competition and go off with his friends to find something else.

History: Mac grew up in Hoenn, oldest of his 6 siblings, he was the first to start working, and was raised on a good work ethic. His parents, and grandparents, the daycare workers, had run the daycare for as long as he could remember. He was in charge of tending to the Pokemon and fixing up anything broken.

Mac had always been a fan of Pokemon, but his job kept him from going out on an adventure of his own. Until he was about 13. His parents had come in the morning of his 13th birthday, and had a surprise for Mac. They told him to go look in the barn, that something was left for him. The He quickly jumped up and put on his clothes and ran out to the barn. What was sitting there? An egg. A trainer had come by to pick up their Pokemon about a week and a half ago and they left the egg here. Normally Mac's parents take egg to an adoption center, or raise them enough to be set free. But they decided to keep this one because they know what it would turn out to be.

Mac kept his egg in his room with him, and when he was doing chores, downstairs with his mother. One day a few weeks later, Mac came in from doing chores and took his egg upstairs with him. When he was taking a shower, with the egg sitting on the cabinet, the whole bathroom started to glow, Mac looked out from behind the curtain and saw an Aron sitting there. Mac had gotten his first Pokemon.

Mac spent his next few years traveling, helping people, and traveling with a few others. He had stayed with family, friends, and family friends along with his Pokemon. He was about to go on to the next region, then his mother called him and said he had gotten a piece of mail, and asked if she could open. He replied yes, and she told him it was a ticket to the one year anniversary of the new theme park that opened a little ways from Hoenn. Mac thought he might as well take a break and head out to have some fun.

Other: Mac has a hick accent, and wishes to become a Pokemon breeder.

Pokemon:

Species: Aggron

Nickname: Mace

Personality: Mace is just like his owner, willing to help anyone and and is a hard worker. He respects his opponents, no matter what size or shape. He likes to have fun, and will occasionally be mischievous and play pranks on other Pokemon or trainers.

History: Mace was given to his trainer as an egg, he helped out at the daycare As much as possible, before he spent most of his life traveling with his trainer and other Pokemon.

Appearance: Just a normal looking Aggron, except a little bit bigger.

Other: N/A

Species: Luxray

Nickname: Serene

Personality: Serene is a very smart Pokemon, usually very cunning and stays low to the ground and can easily hide or get lost when being chased. She loves her trainer and will do anything to protect Mac. She is a more laid back Pokemon when it comes to group activities, and prefers sitting under a shade tree and watching.

History: Mac found Serene when she was just a Shinx out playing with whatever wild Pokemon would play with her. One day he tried battling her but she ran away, and feeling discouraged, Mac just went his way. One night, while Mac and Mace were around a fire because they were lost, he heard a noise crack and looked around, when he saw Serene had followed them, he acted like he didn't see her and told mace to go off and wait. When Serene got a little closer, he told Mace to attack, as soon as the attack hit, Mac threw a pokeball out. Capturing the little lion.

Species: Pidgey

Nickname: Rose

Personality: Rose is a happy, and very friendly little bird. She will fly up to anyone and show her biggest smile if they seem friendly enough. She is young so is very curious and often gets into trouble.

History: When Mac returned home before leaving for his trip, there was a storm that night, the next morning he went out to help with chores, and noticed one of the trees had blown over. He went and looked at the tree to see if it had been struck by lightning or just fell over, but when he approached he noticed Rose hop out with a broken wing. At first she was scared of him, being the first human this close to her before. Mac took her inside and nursed her back to health and she has never left his side since.

Other: Rose is always out of her pokeball and somewhere around.

Mac was wakened by Rose pecking at his hat. He sat up and said, "Yeah? What's up Rose?" He rubbed his eyes and looked around.

"Hey we're here!"

He stood up looking around the ferry deck. When he fell asleep he knew Serene was by him, but not now. He looked over and saw Mace laying on his back, snoring away.

"Rose help me find Serene!" Rose vigorously shook her head.

"Alright alright. Then work on waking up Mace. When you get him woke up, y'all two come find me."

Mac went and searched everywhere for his Pokemon. He looked in his room and nothing was out of the ordinary. He went into the dining room, and still couldn't find Serene. He checked bedrooms, halls, decks, party rooms, everywhere before he heard Rose call out. When Mac got back to the front deck, he saw Mace was finally awake. And agitated. Mac looked up to see what Mac was looking at and saw Serene sitting on top of the Captians quarters making fun of Mace. Mac quickly returned Mace and called out to Serene, "Serene! Get down here." The lion Pokemon listens and jumped down, "Lux, Ray Luxray." She said happily licking her trainers face.

Once they had docked and checked out of the big cruise that was taking loads of people to the theme park, he went straight to the hotel. Waiting in line he overheard a couple other people around him mentioning they got a free ticket. He waited his turn in line and before the receptionist could say anything he immediately said "Good evening.... Sophia. How are you doing?" Mac said, trying to be friendly. Serene just stood there and rolled her eyes as Rose flew around. Mace was too big to be in here, with this many people as he gets agitated around way too many people. "I am doing good! Thank you for asking. How are you? And may I see your ticket?"
Mac handed over his things that was required.

"Ah looks like you're one of the few people getting a free stay! Well please enjoy your stay and your room is 225."

"Thank ya kindly." Mac said before returning serene, as he knew she was too big for the elevator, he called Rose and She perched herself upon his hat and they went to their room.

Last edited:

REAL DADS

Shampoo Thief
If it isn't too late, I'd like to join this! I'll try to get my SU done before Saturday

Edit: here's my SU

Name: Brady Bishop

Appearance: Brady stands at about 5’10 and about average weight for his height. He has a dark, golden brown skin tone. His hair is buzzed short on the sides and back, and long on the top. The hair he keeps long is styled in many loose twists that most stick upright about an inch. He has hooded eyes with warm, almost golden irises which he normally has hidden behind black clubmaster sunglasses. He has full lips and a well defined jaw line. His left ear has a steel barbell piercing, which he can be found fiddling with when unoccupied.

His style is generally described as “punk” or “grunge,” and he has no problem with either. Most of his clothes are bought at secondhand or thrift shops. Upon arrival at the theme park, Brady is wearing a denim vest with a red plaid button-up underneath. The short sleeves on the shirt are rolled up of a couple of times. He also has on a pair of tight, black jeans with a few rips and tears, and his trusted chucks. He has a pair of noise cancelling headphones that, when he is not using, are resting around his neck.

Personality: Brady prides himself with being a very creative and musical individual. He is constantly thinking with his “left brain,” coming up with song lyrics or guitar chords inspired by his surroundings. His thinking is sometimes unconventional, which leads him to coming up with innovative (albeit sometimes strange) answers to problems he is faced with. He views rules more as guidelines in most cases, and he has no problem bending on breaking them for his benefit. He has a knack for avoiding getting into trouble, which he chalks up to his quick thinking and general luck.

In social situations, Brady can be some what reserved at first. He is pretty soft spoken, and his facial expressions don’t normally reveal his emotions. However, once he feels more comfortable around a person, he tends to open up more. This is when his more humorous side is exposed, and his eccentric habits and tendencies come out. Many of his friends describe him as a fun and interesting person to be around. In addition to this, he is often a pretty laid back guy in the general sense. It takes a lot to get him upset, and he gets over disputes quickly. He won’t bend over backwards to make things right with someone, but he would rather be friends with someone than enemies. If there is someone he doesn’t like, he will distance himself from them rather than try be outwardly mean.

Brady had to work for almost everything in his life, and does not take things for granted. He respects hard work. He knows he wouldn’t be where he is today without his ambition, and he knows he won’t make it any farther if he doesn’t work for it. He gets annoyed by people who don’t follow this same philosophy, and the frivolous spending of money bothers him. However, this also creates some inner conflict for him because one of his aspirations is to become a rich and famous musician. Perhaps his annoyance stems from jealousy rather than anything else; he is a starving artist after all.

History: Brady grew up in Lumiose City, and was the fourth of five children. His family was a part of the working class, and his dad worked many hours at the power plant outside of the city in order to support the family. Because his parents were busy with work and the responsibilities of having five children, Brady was often left in his older siblings’ care. As a kid, he would often spend time with his siblings or with friends exploring the streets and alleys of Lumiose, getting into (mostly) harmless trouble.

Brady’s aspirations never revolved around pokemon and battling like many children he knew. He had no desire to battle gyms and become the very best. At least not in that respect. Instead, he was much more interested in music. He began musically expressing himself from a young age, when he began learning guitar. In addition to guitar, he was also a talented singer and freestyler. His eldest brother helped him learn most of his musical skills, and was his biggest supporter in his childhood. Brady looks up to him as a role model.

As Brady got older, his own style and musical identity began to emerge. He started a band, the Horrible Hang-Ups, as a teenager. All his time not spent at the power plant working with his dad was spent working with his band. They hooked many local shows around the city and began making a name for themselves in the local scene. Outside of Lumiose, they are still up-and-coming, and outside of Kalos they are unknown. They have opened for a few bands that have toured Kalos, and just finished their first tour opening for a band touring Unova. He quit his job at the plant when his and started getting more shows, and he has complete faith that one day his band will make it big.

Other: Brady speaks with a subtle french accent. He also seems to prefer electric type pokemon, but if asked about it he will probably just shrug and say “must be a coincidence.”

Pokemon (up to six)
Species: Joltik :595:

Nickname: Shockspit (Spitz)

Personality: Spitz is a playful and affectionate little bug. He likes feeling involved, and can get upset if he doesn’t get enough attention or feels ignored. Because of his size and personality, Brady usually keeps him out of his pokeball. Instead, he is often found hanging out in one of Brady’s pockets, occasionally giving his trainer a playful static shock. Spitz tries to be the leader of the team, but without much success due to his unintimidating size and Chopper’s aloof attitude.

History: Brady encountered Spitz as a kid when he was exploring the alleys of Lumiose with some friends. He was chewing on some exposed wires behind some crappy looking pizza place. He named the Joltik "Shockspit," thinking it was such a cool name (now that he's older, he can't believe he thought that name was a good idea. He just calls him Spitz now). He knew he wasn’t supposed to have a pokemon yet (his family could hardly afford any more mouths to feed; pokemon aren’t cheap) but this one was so tiny that there was no way his parents could complain. Plus, he figured he would be able to hide it from them pretty easily, since it was so tiny. Well, he was wrong. The joltik kept sapping electricity out of sockets and chewing through wires. At first his parents were furious, but he promised he would train it and it wouldn’t be an issue. They ended up allowing him to keep it, and he’s still hanging around with Brady today.

Species: Heliolisk

Nickname: Chopper

Personality: Chopper is a smug guy, and often chill to the point of laziness. He just likes basking in the sun’s rays. However, he can be a fierce force to mess with, especially if annoyed (usually what happens when something prevents him from sunbathing). He is very stubborn and will only listen to Brady, and sometimes not even then.

History: Brady encountered Chopper on one of his first tours through Kalos. There isn’t much to the story, Brady saw him resting in the sun and was like, “I want that.” So he threw a pokeball, and the sleeping pokemon put up no fight. After saving up enough money, Brady bought a sun stone from a stone vender in Lumiose and gave it to Chopper.

Writing Sample: [spoil]Brady had never been this far from home before. Until just earlier this year, when his band toured in Unova, he had never left Kalos. This is why he jumped on the opportunity to travel to Hoenn for the opening of this theme park. Even if it was only for one day, who knows when the next time he could get to Hoenn would be? The flight from Lumiose to Slateport was long, and Brady hated flying. He was glad to be on a boat for the final leg of the trip. He looked around at the other trainers on the boat, most of them with their pokemon out to enjoy the ride. It was night time, so he knew Chopper, his Heliolisk, would have no interest in coming out of his ball. His Joltik, Spitz, was snoozing in his left breast pocket, as content as could be.

Brady leaned against the railing on the front of the boat. His headphones were on and playing some relaxing alternative music. He could see the island getting steadily bigger as the approached. All he carried with him was a light pack with a few necessities and a change of clothes. He didn’t need much, he would only be there for a day. He wasn’t sure how excited he was for the theme park, it would probably end up being a very crowded, touristy place. However, he had never been to such a tropical location before. He hoped he would get some musical inspiration from the experience. Plus, the was bound to be a large party for the anniversary, and he is not one to turn down a party.

After checking into his room, Brady let out a happy laugh. Wow! he thought, this place is so fancy. He flopped down into the queen sized bed and sighed as he felt the down comforter conform around his body. He didn’t stay down long, and was quickly up inspecting the mini fridge. It was stocked with soda pops and beers and little snacks. He knew they would probably cost an arm and a leg, but after about a minute of inner debate he figured he deserved one brew after the journey he just had. He then walked out onto the patio to check out the view. A warm breeze blew in off of the sea. He was only on the second floor, but the view of the beach was still great. His headphones were off and around his neck, and now he was just listening to the sound of the waves. [/spoil]

Last edited:

HM02gon

Waiting...
Okay here's my app. I love RPing but haven't gotten to do any here. I hope to take part in some in the near future!

Doing this based off my AS character, but more in-depth and personalized.

Name:Melvin (Most people call him Mel) Agate

Appearance: Most people (aka his mom) would consider Mel to be fairly good looking. He is slightly on the taller side (5'10) and has a skinny build. His pin-straight hair goes down to his chin, framing his face and covering his ears and left eye. His hair is light reddish-blond and has 2 black streaks in the front. He has large gray-blue eyes and a pointy nose and face structure. His skin is light, but not stark white. He has dark freckles on his nose and cheeks. He wears a dark blue headband around his head, but it is covered by his hair and only visibl in the right side of his forehead.

Mel tends to dress in classy, modern outfits. He wears a black t-shirt and a beige ¾ sleeve sports jacket and a red scarf. He has a beaded necklace that holds a small flute and his mega stone. He wears dark blue skinny jeans and burgundy motorcycle boots. He keeps a plethora of art supplies in a brown leather shoulder bag that he wears over his right shoulder. He also has a red scarf tied to his right wrist. He had a fedora, but it was stolen by Landon.

Personality: Mel, unlike his twin sister, is somewhat shy and prefers to play things safe. He was always the one who stayed home while the other kids were out training and doing other crazy things that Mel deemed... well, “flubble-headed”. He has his own set of insults, mostly because he feels very uncomfortable swearing. He may not be good with people, but he has a very strong connection with his team of Pokemon that he caught and raised himself.

After challenging the league (and losing, unfortunately) Mel decided that he was done being a trainer and would focus more on exploring the things around him. Although he didn't want to go crazy and see the world like his sister, he wanted to know everything about where he was. So using his team of Rock and Ground type Pokemon, he has climbed through every cavern and crevice in the Hoenn cave system. He has a knack for collecting rare gems and items, and keeps a collection in his secret base in the desert.

Due to moving a lot as a child, Mel began to develop a deep sense of love for the simple things in life, due to the fact that he is constantly afraid that they will go away too soon. Because of this, he enjoys drawing and painting nature scenes. In his free time, he will climb trees or mountains in order to get that perfect image that he had in his head. He makes paint out of berries that his Pokemon collect for him, and as a reward, he gives them Poke-Puffs. He gives them all way too many Poke-Puffs.

History: Mel was born and raised in Sinnoh, but his parents were always moving (mom's work, dad's acting troupe, ugh) and finally settled in Hoenn. Between that, he's lived in Unova, Kalos, and Orre. Althought he wasn't a fan of moving, While in Kalos, he visited the Lumiose museum and viewed an exhibit of artworks of nature sceneries. He loved the small details, and decided that he wanted to become a nature painter. His twin sister, Aster, thought he was being rediculous, but his younger sister Jessie found it fascinating. She told him that she thought that he could make a painting good enough for the museum. He then made a promise to her that he would do just that.

Jessie suffered from many health conditions, and thus, Mel knew that he couldn't give up on his promise. So he spent his days exploring the rural areas of Kalos, looking for just the right thing to paint. But things were difficult in the family. His Dad needed the family to move again, because his tour in Kalos was ending. However, the family lacked the funds to move to another reason and afford Jessie's hospital bills.

Flash forward 10 years. Jessie passed away. Aster is backpacking through Kanto. Melvin's parents are still together, but seldom do they see each other. Mel and his mother Madeline live in Odale town in the Hoenn region. One day, a professor comes through town. He notices Mel, a young man of 20 at the time, does not have a Pokemon. He informs him that he just gave two young trainers some of his Pokemon, and that he has one extra. So Mel takes him up on the offer...

Other: Mel is afraid of thunderstorms. Like, crazy afraid (that's why he trains Ground types). His favorite food is nachos.

Pokemon (up to six)
Species: Swampert

Nickname: Avani

Personality: Avani is the self-proclaimed leader of Mel's team. She has quite the attitude, and greatly dislikes being told what to do or that she's wrong. She tends to scare the other team members, and can come off as very arrogant, but she had a soft side and a deep sense of compassion for her friends.

History: Avani was Mel's first Pokemon. He received her as a Mudkip from a chubby professor who couldn't keep her anymore. She was once very shy and withdrawn, but as she and Mel grew closer, she broke out of her shell and became one of the most outgoing and bold characters Mel has known.

Appearance: She has a very feminine and curvy build.

Other: Moveset-
-Waterfall
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake
-Superpower

~

Species: Aggron

Nickname: Landon

Personality: Landon is a fantastically flirtatious ladies-man from the tip of his horns to the end of his tail. He is always on the hunt for a new target and will not hesitate to let you know if you're on his radar. He can be very territorial about his ladies, often attacking another male that he thinks is getting too close. He is also a very picky eater, and will only eat mocha Poke-Puffs. He has a completely-not-at-all-obvious crush on Tarri.

History: Landon was just an average run-of-the-mill Granite Cave Aron. But one day a wild Melvin appeared and caught him.

Appearance: He sometimes wears a fedora (stolen from Mel)

-Iron Head
-Automatize
-Double Edge
-Stone Edge

~

Species: Camerupt

Nickname: Leo

Personality: Leo is not necessarily shy, but he's very socially awkward. He tries to hide his insecurity by being pushy and sometimes refusing to follow Mel's orders. He is terribly afraid of Avani, but still considers her his best friend because strangely enough, the two of them get along very well. Mostly because he tends to look up and greatly respect those who he knows are stronger than him. He is very humble, after all.

History: Leo once belonged to a rogue Magma grunt who was working on an invention to summon Groudon for himself. However, the grunt was busted for his treason against Magma and was forced to leave. Leo was confiscated by Maxie, who then decided to release him to Mt. Chimney.

Appearance: Wears a blue woven necklace with his megastone attached to the end.

-Flamethrower
-Earth Power
-Overheat
-Hidden Power (Grass)

~

Species: Flygon

Nickname: Tarri

Personality: Tarri is often the mediator of the group. She tries extremely hard to be nice to everyone and not lose her temper, which as of now she has succeeded with. Despite her small build, she is extremely strong and can carry several thousand pounds on her back while in flight (she is Melvin's mode of transportation). She is well aware of Landon's crush, but thinks he's arrogant and desperate.

History: She was just another route 111 Trapinch, but she was disliked by the others for being so small. So, in order to prove her equality she trained hard... in fact, too hard. They hated her even more because of that.

Appearance: Wears a gold headband and matching wristbands.

-Sandstrom
-Signal Beam
-Draco Meteor
-Thunder Punch

~

Species: Nidoking

Nickname: Raj

Personality: Raj, like Landon, is a lady's man and likes to flirt with the lady Pokemon. However, he had much more self control and flirts for fun rather than trying to actually get the ladies for himself. He can be somewhat immature and a little crazy, but is always on the lookout for the needs of others before his own.

History- Mel was taking a course on Apricorn Pokeball making while living in Johto. As one of his requirements, he had to catch a "Moon Pokemon" in a Moon Ball. However, he didn't know what that is and looked it up. He found Raj as a Nidorino and caught him. Raj's past history is unknown, and he was never used in battle until Mel moved to Hoenn.

Appearance: The spike on his forehead has been chipped slightly.

-Toxic
-Sludge Bomb
-Drill Run
-Venom Drench

~

Species: Torterra

Nickname: Pippin

Personality: Pippin is very well mannered and polite. He seems to be very intelligent, often spending his free time reading long novels, as he can comprehend and read the English language perfectly. He can be very OCD, and likes sheer perfection and will become restless if something is just not right. He will not eat vegetables.

History: Pippin was a 16th birthday gift from his sister. She had hatched him, but since she didn't know much about training, she figured Mel would do better, especially since he was a Ground Pokemon. However, Mel never used him for battle. Instead, he spend his time wandering their house, climbing through the bookshelves and eventually teaching himself to read.

Appearance: Pippin is shiny. He always makes sure the mini- forest on his back is well cared for. He dislikes hot weather.

-Rock Slide
-Seed Bomb
-Dig
-Swords Dance

Writing Sample:

It was way too dark to be doing anything, especially flying. But he could see the lights of Odale town glittering in the distance. Guiding Tarri downward, he noticed his mother standing outside the Poke Mart, talking with someone. As he got closer, he could make out the words of conversation.

“What kind of contest did he enter? A cereal box? I've entered those darned things for years and never won a single keychain.”

“I guess Melvin is just lucky. What a great opportunity this is for him. Actually getting out, talking with real people instead of his Pokemon.”

“He talks to you, Madeline. And that's it.”

“Yes, and I'm his mother.”

The man next to Madeline sighed and lifted his hand as if to make another point, but turned on his heel to walk away. As he walked, he looked over his shoulder and replied, “Yes, you are, and it's your job to do what you think is best for him, and not yourself. That kid... he's incomptent.”
Mel guided Tarri back to the ground and slid of her back. He reached for his belt and grabbed the Great Ball that was used to hold the dragon.

“Mel, thank goodness you're back,” Mel turned around to see his mother walking towards him with a colorful letter in her hand.

“What are you doing out this late,” Mel asked,”You're usually in bed by now.”

“Yes, but uh...” She quickly held the letter behind her back. Mel gave her a confused look. “Remember that internet contest you entered a few weeks ago?”

“What? You didn't enter me in another social group outing contest... sorta thingy... did you?”

“You won!”, she squealed, holding the letter in front of his face, obviously ignoring anything he had said. Mel took the colorful letter from her hand.

“Pokeventure fun park...”, Mel begain to read the letter, mumbling to himself. After mulling over the contents of the letter, he looked up to his slightly-overly enthusuastic mom. “Do I really have to go?”

“Come on Melvin. I'm sure you and your Pokemon will have a blast.” At the mention of “Pokemon, Tarri stuck her head over Mel's shoulder.

“Oh right, I still haven't put you back in your ball,” Mel said, taking the Great Ball that he had in his hand and sending out a reddish mist, encapsulating the Pokemon.

“Melvin, I hope you realize that you're going, whether you like it or not.”

“Mom. Please, don't. Honestly, what will this accomplish?”

“Melvin, you are 21 years old. You are too old to be living with your mother. You have no friends your own age. I think this will be an excellent opportunity for you to bond with other trainers and perhaps...” she nudged Mel on the side,” meet that special someone...”

Doesn’t have to be long, I’ll have mine up as a sample, though it is a little lengthy. I don't expect as much from you guys, no worries.

Personal question- Can our Pokemon talk? Can they communicate verbally with just their trainer? Are we allowed to have them have conversations amongst each other and other Pokemon? Just wondering.

Edit-added more detail on Mel's physical description. I have a few drawings I made but have no clue how to upload them.

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
Finally done! Her history was a lot of fun to come up with, and now I have this whole headcanon I want to write about, haha.

Name: Patricia “Artemis/Art” Holt

Appearance: Art has a small frame, though she is somewhat muscular and is always tanned from all of her time spent outside. She has a long face with thin lips and hazel eyes below a wide forehead. Her hair is dyed a fiery auburn, and while a few strands arch over her forehead, she keeps the hair on the sides of her head cropped short, with her fauxhawk swept back so she always looks like she just ran a mile. Art sometimes wears a large pair of riding goggles and lavender helmet. The only jewellery she wears are small gold rings in her ear cartilage on both sides, and a simple green starburst-shaped stud in her left tragus.

Art wears a teal tank top under a black bomber jacket with the red “Dashing Damsels” logo emblazoned on the back. When riding, she adorns a pair of brown fingerless gloves. She wears khaki cargo pants with deep pockets, and a pair of brown riding boots. She keeps her things in a burgundy messenger bag she slings over one shoulder.

Personality: Artemis is, first and foremost, an adrenaline junkie. She’s always eager to find the next big thrill, and is always open to trying new things, no matter how crazy or dangerous they might be. Risk-taking comes with the territory, and she embraces it gladly. Art loves the outdoors, and enjoys working with her hands. However, she is easily side-tracked by these things, to the point where it can interfere with her everyday life. It would be safe to call her passion an addiction.

Art is always eager to learn new skills. She is not a particularly fast learner, but she has the patience to put in the time and effort. She has also become an adept teacher, and she enjoys passing on what she knows to others. She's a team player, and thrives in social environments. While a friendly person, Art gets along best with those who share her love for the extreme.

History: Patricia was never entirely sure what she wanted to be when she grew up. She was born and raised in Cyllage City by her parents, and spent most of her time biking along the many paths with her older sister, Leslie. She loved the sport dearly, relishing the intense speed and control it demanded, always racing her big sister and the other kids in town, and even managing to win sometimes. She continued hitting the trails long after Leslie lost interest and left on her Pokemon journey. Most kids Patricia knew became Pokemon trainers and left town, and the many adults in her life encouraged her to do the same, but she was never really interested in battling, and so remained behind.

Patricia felt lost, until one day in her teens she encountered a group of young women she’d never seen before on the bike trail. She got to know them, and it turned out that they were a group of racers who called themselves the Dashing Damsels who travelled around Kalos and specialized in all manner of fast sports, from biking to Pokemon racing to sky battles. Intrigued and excited by the group’s talk of all of their travels and exploits, Patricia asked to join. She was welcomed into the group with open arms, and was initiated by receiving her own “DD” nickname, Artemis.

Artemis told her parents that she was leaving on her own journey with the Dashing Damsels, which was met with some skepticism, though they were glad to see her leaving the nest. The group headed for Santalune City, where the Dashing Damsels set Art up with her first Pokemon, allowing her to choose a Rhyhorn from a local stable.

Over the following years, Art became a loyal member of the Dashing Damsels, travelling around the region and competing in races of all sorts, as well as performing feats of agility and teamwork at local festival while her family watched on TV. She became an adept Rhyhorn racer, and specialized in a number of other racing sports, from land to sea to sky. She remained as the original girls left while new ones took their places, acting as a mentor, and even became the leader for a time.

Art and Dixie had been putting off her evolution for awhile so they could continue participating in races. After a long conversation, they finally decided it was time, and once Dixie had taken on her new form, Art finally quit the Dashing Damsels. There were many teary goodbyes and promises to continue attending their races and shows. Art was both excited to get her invitation to Pokéventure Fun Park as a lover of adrenaline rushes, while also being relieved to have something to take her and her team's minds off the new change.

Other: She really dislikes the name “Patricia,” and still goes by “Artemis,” or “Art” for short.

Pokemon
Species: Rhydon

Nickname: Dixie

Personality: Dixie is a gentle creature who enjoys friendly competition. She is still getting used to her new form, after having been a Rhyhorn for so long, and underestimates her own strength. She prefers going in to competitions with a strategy. Dixie has never enjoyed Nimb’s antics, and now that she’s evolved she’s far more equipped to fight back when he bothers her.

History: Dixie had a relatively normal upbringing on a ranch outside of Santalune City where she had been bred as a racing Rhyhorn. She didn’t particularly stand out from her siblings, so it’s hard to say why Art chose her. Art and Dixie trained under the best Rhyhorn racers the Dashing Damsels had to offer, and after a great deal of training, the pair could hold their own against the majority of the DDs.

Appearance: After she evolved, Art tried to refasten Dixie’s saddle to fit her new form. It’s a bit of a mess, and Art doesn’t foresee herself using it, but it will suffice. It still has the blazing DD logo on it.

Other: Dixie is eager to evolve again, but Art can’t afford to buy a Protector right now...and she’s still getting used to Dixie’s new form.

Species: Crobat

Nickname: Acro

Personality: Acro is a mostly cheerful bat, always eager to explore the big world around her. Unfortunately, being a nocturnal creature, she dislikes being up during the day, which is when Art usually calls upon her. She is usually grumpy when exiting her Pokeball, but as she wakes up and gets to look around and meets people and Pokemon, she gets giddy and excited. She gets a kick out of Nimb’s antics.

History: Acro had a normal life as a Zubat in Connecting Cave. She never expected that a trainer would ever actually catch her - the few humans who remained to explore the cave were usually there to hunt Axew. She was ecstatic when Art caught her, even though Art’s friends couldn’t imagine why she’d bothered to catch a Zubat. The reason soon became apparent when she evolved into a Crobat and started beating the others in aerial races.

Appearance: Acro is somewhat big for a Crobat. She also has a pleather saddle with the DD logo that Art puts on her in order to ride her.

Other: Acro cannot stay awake during long periods of time during the day - eventually she gets tired and starts falling asleep.

Species: Frogadier

Nickname: Nimb

Personality: Nimb is a goofball. He likes to be silly and bug his teammates, taunting them as he hops around. He’s not very good at taking things seriously, and though he takes orders, he tries to find loopholes to circumvent them whenever possible. He isn’t actually lazy - Nimb loves racing and battling - he just likes feeling like he’s in control. He’s also something of an attention hog and loves showing off, even if doing so requires following orders.

History: Nimb is the offspring from the Greninja of one of the other Dashing Damsels, who offered the egg to anyone who could beat her in a skydiving race. Art didn’t actually defeat her, but she came the closest of all of the ladies. Art started training Nimb for water racing immediately, though disciplining him was always a challenge. The best way to deal with him is to ignore him whenever possible.

Appearance: Nothing special. He hates wearing any kind of reigns, and usually performs better if Art just hangs onto him as he swims.

Other: none

Writing Sample:
"We're here, Dixie!"

The hulking Rhyhorn turned, releasing her grip on the deck railing. Craning her head, Art could see two dents in the metal where the Pokemon had rested her claws. She grimaced. Luckily, the ferry's upper deck was mostly deserted due to the strong wind, so hopefully nobody would notice.

"Don," the Rhydon murmured, watching the island approach with her trainer. Dixie still didn't especially like water, but she was really enjoying her bipedal form, and was intent on seeing all there was to see from her new, six-foot-tall frame.

The port was swiftly approaching, and the duo were greeted by the many colours and gleaming lights on the shore, and they could just make out the huge structures in the distance. That was what Artemis was most looking forward to - for all her love of the extreme, Art had never been to an amusement park before, and she was intent on riding on every attraction. She doubted anything matched the excitement of riding the waves with Nimb, or diving off of Acro's back into thin air, but she was always willing to find out.

When they arrived, Artemis couldn't help but feel a slight twinge of disappointment that they couldn't just hop straight onto the rides, even as they followed the throng of people into the hotel.

"I guess it makes sense to check in and everything, but I can see Furret Drop from here! It's like they're taunting us."

"Don-don," Dixie said, attempting to give her trainer a pat on the back and instead knocking the wind out of the small girl. Artemis gasped the air back into her lungs.

"I appreciate the gesture, girl, but please don't do that again, okay?"

"Rhy-don."

Edit: I am also endlessly amused that there are two trainers with shiny, Mega Evolving Gallade.

Last edited:

Skillfulness

Tangeh: Yeah, I just find the anime to be a bit unbelievable most of the time, and in the grand scheme of things, this is all made up anyway :p Haha it was a fantastic pun nonetheless.

.Aerodactyl.: Thanks, just been way too busy and I'm still busy this weekend DX Had to catch up on sleep. This ceratainly will be a fun group of characters to work with, can't wait!

Schade: Yes, there will be like an avenue for shopping and another one with carnival games. I will try to work on some sort of map, but don't get your hopes up.

TheGOAT: Pending for now. I would like a little bit more on the personality and appearance. You got the bare bones basic, spice it up a bit and flesh out your character. There were a few grammar hiccups as well, so a proof read would help too.

Shampoo Thief: Everything looks good, but I would like you to expand on Spitz's personality. "playful and affectionate" is simply not enough, especially for a Pokemon he has owned for so long. Pending for now.

HM02gon: As to your question, no. We cannot understand Pokemon language. Pokemon can communicate with each other and udnerstand our orders, but we cannot understand them. I'm putting you as pending because I could use a more in depth description of your character. Everything else looks good aside from some minor grammar mistakes.

Psychic: All looks good and in order to me, accepted. I am also amused at two male Aggron, one being territorial around females. We certainly have an interesting group.

Everyone: I'll start writing things up tonight. Father's Day is tomorrow in the US so I might be a tad busy, I'll see what I can do, but, fingers crossed, we can get started tomorrow. Are we thinking we'll need a discussion thread? Could be useful, and I'll try and get a map up as well, though we could probably get by without one. Those who are pending, get to fixing up those SU's and to anyone else, sign-ups are still open. ((I also added a tidbit to my character's appearance in case anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Snap!
Confusing with more of the same species, I know. I can provide more backstory if needed.
Also, I vote in favor for a discussion thread.

Last edited:

HM02gon

Waiting...
HM02gon: As to your question, no. We cannot understand Pokemon language. Pokemon can communicate with each other and udnerstand our orders, but we cannot understand them. I'm putting you as pending because I could use a more in depth description of your character. Everything else looks good aside from some minor grammar mistakes.
So do you want me to go more in depth of his physical description or his personality?

Also by Pokémon communicating with each other can they verbally talk to one another?

And discussion thread sounds good so we don't have to go OOC too much.

I've done rps in other places before, but this is my first time on here, so I'll just have to learn the ropes.

Skillfulness

So do you want me to go more in depth of his physical description or his personality?

Also by Pokémon communicating with each other can they verbally talk to one another?

And discussion thread sounds good so we don't have to go OOC too much.

I've done rps in other places before, but this is my first time on here, so I'll just have to learn the ropes.

Ah right, sorry. I meant more on the physical appearance. Just beef it up a bit so we can get a better idea of what your character looks like. And to your second question, um, think like the anime where they can understand each other just each in their own Pokemon voice. Since things will be from our characters point of view, we don't know what they literally say to each other, but we know they can communicate verbally. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it and it's a pretty friendly community here.