• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokévision of Things to Come! (824)

That's all your opinion; nice to know. As for your second paragraph I don't get what you're saying but w/e

That's all your opinion, too, so nice to know. I don't even get what you were quoting before about a "diva," because I never said it.

Navin

MALDREAD
I'm Serena, so I'm going to dress up in a skimpy Fennekin outfit for sexy eyecandy fanservice, and I'm Bonnie, I'm going to endorse this and I'm excited about it.

LOL what the fu- well that's one way to put it. But you have to give kudos to Serena for trying to find ways to impress El Nino Con Aura.

LOL what the fu- well that's one way to put it. But you have to give kudos to Serena for trying to find ways to impress El Nino Con Aura.
How else do I put it lol? xD. Sure, but El Nino Con Aura then went the way of the dodo and went away to train, of course.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Sigh even in the dub, that scene seems really over exaggerated. I still really dislike Fennekin in this episode. I'm not a fan of diva Pokem\mon and Characters.

Sigh even in the dub, that scene seems really over exaggerated. I still really dislike Fennekin in this episode. I'm not a fan of diva Pokem\mon and Characters.

It's not like the dub can change terrible writing by the writers in JPN, and if anything, it made Ash, TR, Bonnie, and Serena even more unbearable here voice-wise and script wise.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Well I for one enjoyed this episode purely because of the interactions, my favourite part was when Ash disappeared for a bit to do training, and we got to see the gang interacting without him around, I think part of the reason I like the Chronicle episodes about Misty is because we get to see her and Tracey interacting without the actual main character of the series around and to me it felt a little like that in this episode and made the group feel more like friends.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I'm Serena, so I'm going to dress up in a skimpy Fennekin outfit for sexy eyecandy fanservice,

While I agree with most of your points in an earlier post, I do not think that "sexy" is an accurate description here. It is common knowledge that rookie trainers are usually around the age of 10, so the idea of the outfit becoming a part of some manner of inappropriate fantasy is not really viable. (of course I cannot speak for what happens outside of the anime though) The way I see it, is that this was a chance for Serena to have fun playing dress up with her pokemon, maybe not the most exciting direction for an episode but nothing much wrong with it either.

Last edited:
While I agree with most of your points in an earlier post, I do not think that "sexy" is an accurate description here. It is common knowledge that rookie trainers are usually around the age of 10, so the idea of the outfit becoming a part of some manner of inappropriate fantasy is not really viable. (of course I cannot speak for what happens outside of the anime though) The way I see it, is that this was a chance for Serena to have fun playing dress up with her pokemon, maybe not the most exciting direction for an episode but nothing much wrong with it either.

Yes, I'm aware of that, and thanks for that: well, you see, I was actually using that word to point at the fact of the JPN producers who themselves used it recently like Kunihiko Yuyama in regards to Marilyn Flame, or Masamitsu Hidaka in the past regarding the female leads being eyecandy-- not that I agree with it, of course: sorry if you interpreted it the wrong way, though.

There's so much wrong with what happened here that it makes me want to vomit: goes against everything I liked this show for.

Last edited:

zhixun

Another thing worth mentioning is at the end of the episode in the dub when Eureka tried to voice Citron. The dub is better than the original since the voice is more like a boy should be.

Another thing worth mentioning is at the end of the episode in the dub when Eureka tried to voice Citron. This is the only thing that the dub is better than the original since it sounded more like a boy should be in my opinion.

I actually couldn't stand that as it sounded like a terrible imitation of Clemont's English VA, but in that regard, I agree: in general, Bonnie's English dub voice for her is just...extremely jarring, but I can see it working better for Clemont than it does for her.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I actually couldn't stand that as it sounded like a terrible imitation of Clemont's English VA, but in that regard, I agree: in general, Bonnie's English dub voice for her is just...extremely jarring, but I can see it working better for Clemont than it does for her.

Well, young girls sound jarring when the adult VA voicing them can't do a good pitch, and there are very few children VAs that can't really keep voicing a character for a very long time.

Well, young girls sound jarring when the adult VA voicing them can't do a good pitch, and there are very few children VAs that can't really keep voicing a character for a very long time.

Yeah, and unfortunately that's the case with Alyson Rosenfeld as Bonnie, who makes her sound more like a woman with some sort of accent as a little girl instead of a little girl. That's true, but this casting choice was very poorly done, IMO.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I enjoyed this episode, for what it was worth at least. Serena and Fennekin realized that they care more about each other than being clean. And as a plus, Fennekin learns Flamethrower. Don't wanna mess with her now, lol.

Serena and Fennekin's video was cute, but Clemont's was horrible yet laughable. lol

zhixun

I enjoyed this episode, for what it was worth at least. Serena and Fennekin realized that they care more about each other than being clean. And as a plus, Fennekin learns Flamethrower. Don't wanna mess with her now, lol.

Serena and Fennekin's video was cute, but Clemont's was horrible yet laughable. lol

To be honest I am surprised that Fokko learn Kaen Housha/ Flamethrower that early without training. Citron's video is not bad either in my point of view.

Ray Koya

Later Losers
Yeah, it was utter BS. Serena hasn't battled squat and Fennekin somehow knows Hidden Power and Flamethrower.

They are most likely compensating for Serena's lack of anything by giving her Fennekin moves that she can't even really handle in an attempt to make it seem like she is growing.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
This discussion is rather interesting.

I agree that Fennekin learning flamethrower was a bit of a extreme to be taken and a less powerful move probably should have been given to Fennekin at this point in the adventure but we are where we are and I am intrigued where the adventure goes from here.

However, I still liked the scene in general. It isn't unusual for trainer traits to be presented in a partner Pokémon and in this case it is Serena's irrational fear of being dirty that was also being shown in Fennekin. I see this as being a scene which showed both Serena and Fennekin overcoming this fear by considering each other over the fear itself and therefore showing the bond between them.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Well, aside from the lack of battle experience, this show is also focusing on the bond between trainer and Pokemon. The moment where Fennekin and Serena put their favors aside to help each other shows how strong they've grown together. That might have opened Fennekin's heart much more, unleashing her capability to use Flamethrower. She only used it once, so who knows if it will work again.

While Fennekin and Serena are growing famously, I'd still like for Serena's little family to grow. By that, I'd want her to catch more Pokemon, so the whole family can grow stronger too.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
8/10.
It was a fun episode in total. I expected Fennekin to evolve but it didn't, so thats a downside. Seeing Clemont's invention fail in just 2 mins was funny XD