• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokévision of Things to Come! (824)

Soniman

Break the Limit
You know what? That was a pretty nice Serena episode when all's said and done, not great but I do appreciate a lot of what it did, specifically establishing the bond between Serena and Fennekin in a really heartwarming way. The PR stuff was all fun to see and at the end I'm glad it was able to show both Serena and Fennekin making the sacrifice they needed to in order to protect the other from Team Rocket. For Serena it was a significant character establishing moment for her to stand up to Team Rocket fire just to save her Fennekin and I hope to god we see more of that in the future.

By the way I absolutely love Fennekin in this episode, makes me which she got more screen time then she does currently as she's such a little diva that's it's hilarious whenever she sends a ember attack Ash's way for getting her dirty or messing up her fur.

Speaking of TR, there's way to much of them in this episode and could of spent more of that time on Serena, then again this is me speaking as a non-TR fan so maybe others will feel differently.

The other characters were fine, I especially enjoy Bonnie's attempt to pimp out his brother to ladies which goes about as well as you'd expect, somehow I expected someone like Clemont to be incredibly awkward in front of the camera , haha.

I thought Ash was fine, I really liked how he seemed to be proactively thinking ahead with training in his upcoming match against Grant (though it seems he didn't get the chance to do so), but that wasn't just how he was the entire episode and did eventually decide to help out Serena in her PR vids. I personally don't see the big deal of how he's selfish.

So in the end, while it won't really do much to give Serena a giant PUSH towards her development it it's still a nice episode focusing on her at the end of the day.

Oh and I'm laughing at how that Fennekin outfit everyone made a big deal out of wasn't even onscreen for 5 seconds, yet that was the most consistently marketed aspect of the episode, gg marketers.

Hjörung´s wrath

Merovingian relic
Fennekin´s aggressive personality caught me off guard as well. Felt a bit OOC to me.
Team Rocket costumes were hilarious as usual. Meowth in particular manages to steal every scene
he appears disguised, lol

I agree with the notion that Ash could´ve scheduled a better time slot for his gym training.
There are more than enough boring CotD/filler episodes that could be allocated for training purposes,
so why train now when the gang is actually doing something fun and special, such as these costume/film projects?
At least he participated in the activity later somewhat.

All in all, it was nice to see some Serena and Fennekin char development, and that Clemont´s
camera robot was just epic.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
So after months of being neglected and forced into the background, Serena and Fennekin got their episode. I've been looking forward to this episode for a very long time. So what did grumpy ole Platinum fan think of this episode?

Well the opening was average until I realized something. Clemont, Serena, and Bonnie were by themselves in the first half. Ash was off training or something. I couldn't believe at first. The Blonde Brigade by themselves without the main character? I instantly grew excited and I enjoyed every second of the Blonde Brigade doing their thing and just interacting. All new Kalos characters. The three characters I only focus on. They alone were getting the focus in the first half. And all their Pokemon were out there with them, including Divakin, Chespin, Bunnelby, and Dedenne. I was in heaven. This was wonderful. I don't know what they were saying but I loved seeing these three alone together. Never say Clemont and Serena don't interact. They interacted here and they feel like friends. Good job Blonde Brigade. I love each and every one of you.

Okay so after the writers gave me my Kalos dream team, I knew Ash would pop up somewhere and he did and I actually had not problem with him. I thought this episode used him very well. He didn't feel forced into the spotlight and was used quite well. Everyone who's complaining about him training rather then helping his friends, well to be fair he's done that before in the past. It's nothing new. And he did join them in helping later. So no harm done. I don't think he was in the wrong here. He's got to train his Pokemon at some point, but he still put it off to help his friends anyway when they asked.

Anyway the episode itself was good. Serena and Divakin got the development they needed. We got to see the bond between the two, and despite the fact that they haven't battled, they had a beginner trainer/first Pokemon loving bond. Divakin stole the show. Her expressions, and how she acts was great for the little fox. She even used a move that wasn't a fire attack. I hope it was a Psychic attack. What was that little orb she used? And the video that Serena and Divakin made at the end of the episode was indeed highly cute. I'm surprised at how cute it was. I thought it was going to be cliche fanservice, but it just came off as innocent and cute. TR was even nicely used here, even if they were plot devices.

Overall a good episode. Glad Serena and her diva Fennekin got this episode. And I loved the Blonde Brigade by themselves in the first part. A dream came true for a few minutes. And Clemont's still the man with his wacky robots.

Obscurites

I agreed that it's logical for Satoshi to focus on the training for his gym battle against Zakuro (although he decided to help Serena filming anyway).

Serena's Fokko is quite a neat freak on her body's cleanness, heh.
TR's disguise is funny as always.

From Fokko costume to ordinary bathrobe, Serena looks good in any outfit. I hope the writers make Serena wear more kind of clothes.

Hjörung´s wrath

Merovingian relic
I don't get this due to the fact that I'm wondering how Fenneking can be "OOC" when she's barely even HAD a character up until now?

Fennekin has been part of the cast for roughly 20 episodes, it never attacked anyone in the gang,
yet now she barbecued Ash twice, for relatively petty reasons. Her personality in this episode
felt overly aggressive compared to the way she has been portrayed hitherto. Not saying it´s a bad thing,
but the char development IMO could´ve been smoother.

Benny™

Best Wishes Do Come True Under The Sun & Moon
I didn't like this episode, both for the reasons Sushi stated and because it was so boring. He'll help people he just met but puts training, which he can do anytime, above his so-called "friends". It's just one more reason why I'm not convinced they're truly bonded. I know sometimes friends do those kinds of things, but the way they did it was just bad out of character writing.

Couldn't Fynx go around the puddle? And it didn't seem to have this much of a problem with getting dirty in the Bamboo forest episode.

Why don't Team Rocket ever Counter or Mirror coat incoming attacks anymore? Also they were pretty awful here. Why did they feel the need to waste everybody's time the way they did, they could have just snatched the Pokemon right there or something.

Fynx burning Ash over and over was not funny, just lame. Heureka's (Bonnie) cutesy act is still not funny, either.

The actual video didn't even last more than ten seconds, they really kept us waiting for this?

I thought this would be fun like "Zorua The Movie! The Legend of the Pokémon Knight!!" but it wasn't.

Last edited:

Seviper009

ii kanji
If I'm not mistaken, this was the first time in a long time that Team Rocket used their traditional laugh that goes like "Nya ha ha hey".

I liked this episode very much, but with Fennekin's current character, I can't wait how she'll get along with Froakie, like in XY011.

Hjörung´s wrath

Merovingian relic
Lol, why does Dedenne look so shrunken in this episode? Did Bonnie accidentally drop it into a washing machine? Just look at it:

[img139]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h319/torhjelm/dedennesmall.jpg~original[/img139]

Here in normal size:
[img139]http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140123135345/pokemon/images/e/ea/Serena,_Clemont,_Bonnie_worried_for_Ash.png[/img139]

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Lol, why does Dedenne look so shrunken in this episode? Did Bonnie accidentally drop it into a washing machine? Just look at it:

[img139]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h319/torhjelm/dedennesmall.jpg~original[/img139]

Here in normal size:
[img139]http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140123135345/pokemon/images/e/ea/Serena,_Clemont,_Bonnie_worried_for_Ash.png[/img139]

Clearly, it knows Minimize.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If I'm not mistaken, this was the first time in a long time that Team Rocket used their traditional laugh that goes like "Nya ha ha hey".

I liked this episode very much, but with Fennekin's current character, I can't wait how she'll get along with Froakie, like in XY011.
Is this a RAW thing, because I don't remember them ever laughing like that in the dub

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
It seems that Fennekin learn some new moves. Hopefully that Serena catches some new pokemon.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hey guys, did Fenniken use Psyshock here??

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
It was a fun episode, not great but I enjoyed it a good amount. I gotta say I do enjoy the attention Serena and Fennekin got, they both needed it. The first half of the episode was really fun with seeing the Blonde Brigade interact with one another and all. No Ash, just Clemont, Bonnie and Serena and I enjoyed their dynamic a good bit. Seeing Clemont get so nervous during the filming process with his Bunnelby and Chespin dressed up in those matching clothes to his own was really cute and probably my favorite moment of the whole episode, I'm not kidding. I always really enjoy seeing Clemont and his Pokemon together, plus we got more of Bunnelby's personality. Bunnelby seems to be just as nervous on camera as Clemont compared to the more optimistic Chespin who doesn't really worry about small details. Little personality expansion like that is great and I really like how it's taken one step at a time for a Pokemon like Bunnelby who hasn't shown much personality right off the bat as Chespin.

Seeing Serena cooking, filming, dressed up as a Disney Princess, matching clothes with Fennekin and all was pretty amusing. I was indifferent to TR here, I neither loved nor disliked them. I would have preferred them not to appear here, I just think a more original form of conflict could have tied this episode together in a more interesting and unique way. As amusing and cute as Serena was in this episode, she didn't really get much character development at all. Her Fennekin got over its vain behavior and saved its trainer though which was a great scene.

The thing I didn't not like about Fennekin this episode, there's being a diva and then there's being aggression. Fennekin, up until this point, was never portrayed to be this aggressive. Fennekin showed traits of being vain like being bothered by a scruffy tail in the Pancham episode and there's nothing wrong with being vain, I just felt like they went overboard with that in this episode. Fennekin just stands there while Serena gets violently attacked by Team Rocket's Pokemon because its bothered by muddy water, that just felt like a massive overplay and flanderization of Fennekin's one-trait and main personality trait, its vanity. Fennekin constantly attacking Ash in an attempt to attack Pikachu this episode just overdid it for me too, Fennekin was portrayed to be pretty passive like her trainer up until this point imo.

She certainly didn't try to fight back against the Rockets in the Furfrou episode when in that bag. I like how she ultimately got over herself and barbecued Jessie's Pumpkaboo with that brand-new Flamethrower of hers. So I don't mind a negative personality trait like that when it's touched upon and developed over a bit, so I wouldn't really call this a Serena development episode as much as I would call it a Fennekin one. Fennekin got some CD which makes this episode worth watching imo. I'm a bit disappointed Fennekin and Serena didn't get their first battle here but it's whatever since I enjoyed the episode anyway. Fennekin has always been able to use Psyshock but never used it up until this point? That seems a bit weird but nice that she has another pretty strong move in her arsenal.

A pet peeve of mine, Ash going to train while Serena needed some help with her PokeVision stuff and Ash still sort of stole the show in the end. Seeing the Lemon Siblings on the sideline doing nothing while Ash and Pikachu solely protect her from the Rockets' assault felt weird. Jessie's Pumpkaboo learning Frustration, I hope Inkay learns Return as symbolism. I'm sure this episode will be more interesting when I can fully comprehend it.

RVD_fan

I thought this episode was OK, although the fact that the big obstacle for Serena and Fennikin to overcome in this episode was a puddle made the supposed triumph at the end seem a little ridiculous. Froakie used water to clean Fennekin's tail in the bamboo episode so I don't know why it's so freaked out now. Not every fire type is Charmander. I also felt like Fennekin's new moves were pretty undeserved, you could probably count on one hand the amount of times its done any fighting at this point and most of that has been against Team Rocket. I did like how it flared up against Pikachu for messing up its appearance, there's potential for character development if its completely unwilling to be dirty or uncomfortable.

Other than that it was just kind of a goofy episode, Clemont was funny as always and Bunnelby fighting Chespin for screen-time at the end was a nice little meta-joke if that was the intention. Also glad they kept the build-up for the battle against Grant going and snuck a little training in.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ash's childish behavior here irked me as did Team Rocket's presence overall. I didn't expect Serena to develop here anyway and the only interesting moments for me involved chaotic moments between the cast. And yay @ Fennekin actually doing stuff. I'm glad she learned a new move.