• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*PokéWalker*~ Are you going to use it? If so, what for?

Are you going to use the PokéWalker?

• Yes, probably all the time!

Votes: 559 48.4%
  • Yeah, but probably just sometimes cause I may be busy.

Votes: 370 32.1%
  • Um...maybe...I haven't decided yet.

Votes: 181 15.7%
  • No, not going to use it at all

Votes: 44 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Torrentr

Rainy Ocean Trainer
I used to use it all the time, up until around the time I was able to import Black from Japan. I used it during my initial playthrough of HeartGold to catch a Magby super early on :)

I think I might start bringing it around with me again...

ABSOLute Zer0

Dragon Trainer
Lol, I used to bring my Pokewalker to school everyday. I was close to 60,000 watts I think. But then it went through the wash and it doesn't work anymore. So sad... :'( I wonder if there's any way to get a new one?

rval74

Maximum Hour EV
xP I haven't gotten to use mine yet because my DS is taken away, but I plan on using it for my morning jogs. ^^

zyphere

On just about any activity that involves getting my arse moving, I bring my Pokewalker along. Somehow, the watts I get average to about 1500 watts a week. Mebbe around three years or so will I unlock the Quiet Cave, unless I use a "technology-driven" method, if you get my drift.

EzzPeon

just a passerby
I... Kinda forgot about it ^^

It's in my schoolbag so I take it out every month when it has ∞ steps on it XD

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
I'm attempting to use it to get my first Spiritomb that I have caught myself, but the amount of time it takes to get to Quiet Cave is ridiculous! I've taken to school everyday since March (thats at least 10 months, used 5 times a week) and I have only just managed to get halfway to the watts I need! I want Spiritomb D:

incorporeal05

I'm not a huge user of the PokeWalker and I'm probably really behind in unlocking routes, but the other day I transferred my Kingler back to SS and unlocked Blue Lake. I hope there's some new Pokemon to catch there; Dim Cave was really boring with selection.

Larry

Transferred over Totodile when I had to walk to my midterms. That's the first time I used it.

gianttopper

I always use it. Got a lot of good battle items from winner's path and some surfing pikachus from yellow forest.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
I met one person who just constantly shakes it... Well anyway, now I'm at the point where I can't go a day without having my Pokewalker with me--unless I know I won't be doing a lot of walking that day. Every morning I put a Pokemon inside it, usually someone who's hard to train and/or is close to evolving or learning an important attack.

Since I normally do quite a bit of walking around my college campus, and sometimes around the forest nearby, I can usually get 500-700 watts a day on it, and the Pokemon inside is almost guaranteed to level up. (Somehow I got 835 watts today... wonder how that happened.)

The route I usually take the Pokemon on is Night Sky's Edge, mostly because you can get those high-price items like Stardust early on, and there's the possibility of getting a TM29 after 10,000 steps (I've never gotten one, but whatever).

I think the Pokewalker is the main reason why I have to use ten boxes now to store my Pokemon. ^_^ And it's also how I got a Dratini long before I was able to access Dragon's Den.

Last edited:

Iyashii

I always keep it in my pocket with a Wooper in it.
Not to level, he's just fun to look at it, and I dare not leave a beloved Cubone in it.
Well maybe I'll switch them, I love Cubone.
xD

Anywho, I only use it so I can grab the rares from it for my girlfriend and I.

I have just over 60k watts atm, so I'm close.
Only had it since the Mew distribution event, so it's good progress.

Though I should say if you leave it laying next to a Plasma Org, it'll register for steps.
I'll get between 1-3 steps per second, with the random intervals where it does nothing, but it picks it back up.

FallenZephyr

Artsy-fartsy type
I like using the Pokewalker for those rare hard-to-get items, especially Winner's Path. Munchlax holding Leftovers = win

the chances of getting a Choice Band/Specs/Scarf without having to buy it from the Frontier shop is a plus.

I am going to use my pokewalker.

For what? For evil.

I tend to go jogging alot, so why not train and get items at the same time? Only makes me more motivated to get running!

I'm sure this is why Nintendo made it.

But no seriously, I'm using it for evil

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I had put my togepi in there and now I can't get it out. I think I messed up. I was only going to use it to get Spiritomb but now it doesn't look like I'll be able to get it.

If anyone knows a way to get it out, please send me a message.