• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*PokéWalker*~ Are you going to use it? If so, what for?

Are you going to use the PokéWalker?

• Yes, probably all the time!

Votes: 559 48.4%
  • Yeah, but probably just sometimes cause I may be busy.

Votes: 370 32.1%
  • Um...maybe...I haven't decided yet.

Votes: 181 15.7%
  • No, not going to use it at all

Votes: 44 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm all hyped-up about it now thinking, "Oh yeah! Leveling up my Pokemon while exercising, that's great!" but I know I'll only use it for a few months a probably get bored of it....:/

Anyways, I live only an hour away from Cedar Point (Amusement Park) and since it's so huge and you always walk a lot there, it'd be pretty cool to use it there, or when I'm at the mall. I was thinking about using it when I played DDR but I think doing all the jumps/steps won't count the same as regular walking.

mibler

i might, the only problem is that I usaully run when I go out and, well I have kind of a long stirde so it counts as less steps...

Jake200493

Mysterious Master
Well, I could walk round college all day with it, and then I walk back home, so it does sound appealing considering I won't have as much time to train with all the work :-(

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Epic in all ways possible

Here comes the dude with no life, so yes, half of the day.
(Other half is to be for Soul Silver!)

BUT! I hope it lets for choose witch move to delete when it can learn a new move, instead of deleting your best move...

pokemaster001

when I start getting to the point where it takes a day to gain a level, this will speed up the process

I'll probably use it all the time. Just clip it on my pants before going to school and hide it under my shirt. Then, when the teacher's not looking, I pull it out and check on my little Pokemon. XD Maybe even during lunch. ^^

Trainer_Melissa

The "Cute" Trainer
Yes, I will definately train my shiney sentret on my PokeWalker while she may disobey me on SoulSilver for a while. But the anticipation is killing me!
(P.S. I like Sentret too Sentret_Fan, especially since it evolves into Furret :D)

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
I might use it earlier in the game, but I probably won't as my Pokemon get to higher levels. "You must walk 29375 steps to get your Typlosion up to level 67". Eh, I'd rather fight some Pokemon.

Dark Slash

UnseenHero
Well i might..Since my favourite pokemon is Either Arcanine or Munchlax i might put one of them in there. I might use it maybe not i dont know yet....But whatever pokemon gos in there ill have another to train for real.

LordFeraligatr

i'm gonna use it to level up my hoppip until it learns an attacking move. I feel ths use of pokewalker could also be applied to magikarp. After my hoppip is trained up i'll put my ledain in there as i will already have two flying types that i'll be training up ( i will be ev training more than 6 pokemon when i go through the story mode).

I hope that the Pokemon you can catch on there are decent, and not just relatively weak bug Pokemon, or common pokemon such as rattata, pidgey, geodude and zubat.

DarkZBoy

POKEMON
Im going to test with it, like throwing it down the stairs, pulling it with a string, and see if that works, if not I'll just take it to my track and field events.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Are we all assuming it will come with copies outside of Japan or is that definite?

Anyway Ill probably use it mainly for the happiness, not too happy that they gain exp too, but I'll get over it.

ijea4444

I think it was revealed recently that you can capture Pokemon in it now? That'd be cool.

Actually its been known since it was first released, the only thing that got revealed was the images of a pokemon being captured.

Are we all assuming it will come with copies outside of Japan or is that definite?

Anyway Ill probably use it mainly for the happiness, not too happy that they gain exp too, but I'll get over it.

Most people are assuming that outside of japan pokewalkers will be released. But some people like me, who are importing are actually definite.

Golde

Always Searching~
I'm gonna use mine whenever. Especially now that I learned it holds 3. I can train a full team each day! :D