• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*PokéWalker*~ Are you going to use it? If so, what for?

Are you going to use the PokéWalker?

• Yes, probably all the time!

Votes: 559 48.4%
  • Yeah, but probably just sometimes cause I may be busy.

Votes: 370 32.1%
  • Um...maybe...I haven't decided yet.

Votes: 181 15.7%
  • No, not going to use it at all

Votes: 44 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's not really. It is for lower levels but as you get higher levels it's only about a level, or less. Not only that it's 10k Exp over a whole day, if you think that's too much they may as well not allow you to rebattle the Elite Four which gives you around 30k Exp in 30 minutes or less o_O

No it's alot of footsteps for the person walking it. :O

Tentae

So... it doesn't mess up EV training right?
It's like using a rare candy or those Day care people? Because if it messes up my EV's, I'll be so mad. D:<

Meh.. I don't know if I'll use it... What if I lose it? or it breaks... I'll lose my pokemon. D:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So... it doesn't mess up EV training right?
It's like using a rare candy or those Day care people? Because if it messes up my EV's, I'll be so mad. D:<

Meh.. I don't know if I'll use it... What if I lose it? or it breaks... I'll lose my pokemon. D:

It wont be like Rare Candies or the Daycare. You can battle Pokemon in it and gain Exp that way as well, so they're going to have to give you EVs from those Pokemon. Otherwise it's not going 'mess up' your EVs.

Forever&Always

DanceInTheDark
I'm going to use it for school. I do walk around my school a lot. And walking home from the bus stop, isn't so far but I do walk a lot.

Tentae

It wont be like Rare Candies or the Daycare. You can battle Pokemon in it and gain Exp that way as well, so they're going to have to give you EVs from those Pokemon. Otherwise it's not going 'mess up' your EVs.

Then I don't fully comprehend the concept.. you encounter pokemon as you walk? eh.. I don't see the difference than just taking your DS around and training pokemon the old fashioned way.

AyameHikaru

Alt-Reality User
Then I don't fully comprehend the concept.. you encounter pokemon as you walk? eh.. I don't see the difference than just taking your DS around and training pokemon the old fashioned way.

You don't encounter pokemon as you walk. -.- as you walk, you build up 'watts' which are the currency so to speak of the pokewalker. You can then CHOOSE to use those watts to activate the pokeradar, thus encountering a pokemon. Same with using Itemfinder.

I remember one summer my mom gave me a pedomometer to go get off my lazy bum.
Then I discovered a trick, if you shake it, it adds more steps.
So if the pokewalker is a podomometer, just shake it to add exp. faster.
I'm so good!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I remember one summer my mom gave me a pedomometer to go get off my lazy bum.
Then I discovered a trick, if you shake it, it adds more steps.
So if the pokewalker is a podomometer, just shake it to add exp. faster.
I'm so good!

... Seriously...? You think that's a huge revelation? It's so obvious... *facepalm*

ijea4444

Pokewalkers aren't meant for people to drop off a level 50 pokemon take a run and then return with a level 75 pokemon. At most it will get your pokemon to 51-52 with a little off till 53. The point is for when your not playing pokemon you can still be progressing, even if not much. And that is why they added different courses with items and pokemon to make it not as lame.

Does anyone else think that the more you unlock courses the more exp per step you get? Like if there is a course that requires a million steps to unlock or something and normally you get 1 exp per step on regular instant courses(instant courses= courses it comes with) in this special course its 10exp per step. And there can be different exp per step courses?

I'd probably only use it to bring my Pokemon's happiness up if that's what is required for it to evolve, or just to evolve others for Dex reasons. Other than that, I can't see myself using it for much else.

leaderfraser

Snakes are cool!
When I first saw the Pokewalker I thought it was just a cheap attempt at bringing pokemon to the Wii-fit crowd, well it is. But I think I would actually use it. I'd take to school :D

SwordsmanSeigi

Bushido Trainer
I think some of you would be surprised as to how much you actually walk daily. When I was in school and had the Pokemon Pikachu pedometer, I found I walked more than 20,000 steps everyday.

Ixin

I would use it but I definitely wouldn't put any really good pokes in it. knowing me, i'd lose it LOL :)

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
Probably when I want to level up a pokemon, and i'm feeling lazy, I'll send a pokemon over to it, and shake it XD

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
maybe not...Once i got the HG/SS.. I'll start training and training..and shiny hunting..which take most of my time

ijea4444

I don't really understand the PokeWalker. Does it train in EVs? (I just recently started using Evs.)

No one knows. EVs are gained via exp gained in battle. So if there is chance that if you beat a pokemon(i dont' think you can battle though, I think you can only capture) you could gain evs. If you don't battle pokemon in the pokewalker, then for sure there will be no ev gain or loss. It will most likely be like the Day-care.