• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*PokéWalker*~ Are you going to use it? If so, what for?

Are you going to use the PokéWalker?

• Yes, probably all the time!

Votes: 559 48.4%
  • Yeah, but probably just sometimes cause I may be busy.

Votes: 370 32.1%
  • Um...maybe...I haven't decided yet.

Votes: 181 15.7%
  • No, not going to use it at all

Votes: 44 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prof.Maple

He's been seen!
my school is just a big square, and my friends and I like to do laps of it ... or play soccer, so it'll be well used.

I'm not planning on putting anything important on it, just stuff I need to evolve for the 'dex data, mostly.

dawsoc

Yes, I'm still alive
i'll definetly use it,especially when i walk home from school!

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
I use it to train pokemon up for dex data

Alloute

Not Banned
Also, I am very active, so I guess it'll help somewhat.

I just wonder how I will look with that ugly thing on my person...

Ammako

I'll probably just stick mine on top of the washing machine and get a bunch of exp. Cheating rules! Haha.
*Pokéwalker shakes on the top of the washing machine*
*Pokéwalker falls off the machine*
*Pokéwalker breaks*

[Ampharos];9952783 said:
infra-red lights.
Last time I checked, my DS Phat can't take or give them.
So I'll have three extra Pokewalkers that will be collecting dust on my shelf.
Why would they bother making something not compatible with the game?

I will use it just because I paid for it, no reason for it to go to waste.
The Pokéwalker doesn't adds to the game's price.

Alloute

Not Banned
The Pokéwalker doesn't adds to the game's price.

*Facepalm*

If I bought the game, and the PokeWalker is included, I bought the PokeWalker too. Nothing is free.

I use things that cost me money....

Last edited:

Ace The Punk

A Blue Moon Addict.
If the thing breaks from a 4 foot fall onto carpet, nevermind, I won't be using it after all.

Trainer_Melissa

The "Cute" Trainer
Speaking for myself, I use to be a Tamagotchi fan long ago. And if it is anything like a Tamagotchi, it won't break with just a drop on to the carpet, or even a hardwood floor.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Yeah, I'm going to try and use it when possible. But knowing me, I'll forget a lot. I'll use it for team members who are lagging behind etc. And maybe when I've finished EV training, I could use it to level up my Pokémon to Level 100.

I am also quite curious as about to what happens if the PokéWalker breaks. I presume that it would send out a signal with the name, ID and Secret ID, but I have a feeling that this may be overlooked.

Trainer_Melissa

The "Cute" Trainer
(Sorry, I keep posting, I just had one last thought)

Perhaps what will happen is they'll make replacement PokeWalkers for when they break. Like how they use to have extra packages of wireless connectors for the GBA. Also, the signal thing seems plausable if it breaks the database entirely. I agree.

Do you think it will take EVs into account? I don't really EV train but I do use proteins, irons, etc. I will definitely use it to train other pokemon I don't use for the pokedex, but if it's like rare candies, I won't use it for my main team.

Blufyre77

How fast will it gain exp? Because if it is one step per exp point like the daycare, It will take a minimum of walking 500 miles to get to lvl 100...

Torpoleon

I think that I'll use the Poke Walker a lot. It is great for raising Pokemon. I really like the Poke Walker.

Ammako

*Facepalm*

If I bought the game, and the PokeWalker is included, I bought the PokeWalker too. Nothing is free.

I use things that cost me money....

*Facepalm*

The game costs the same as Diamond/Pearl/Platinum when they came out. The Pokéwalker is free with the game. YOU DON'T PAY FOR THE POKÉWALKER.

To be honest I don't see the point in the PokeWalker, yes you can raise Pokemon like a reality Day Care center, but how would you use it if you were sat playing the game?

M4zz

Banned
This app will be really handy because I could stick 2 pokemon in the daycare, train one with battles and keep one in the Pokewalker, all summing up to the ability to raise 4 pokemon at once.

Trainer_Melissa

The "Cute" Trainer
Shame the answer Not at all wasn't in the poll.
As I would have chosen that one.

if none of the options of the poll are your choice, don't vote. Just reply what you think. That doesn't go against you Arceus, The Original One.

Just...if you don't agree with any of the options, tell us why.

Last edited:

DieChavsDie

See, Im just gonna pop it in my bag. I walk a lot to college, and will be walking a lot round Uni and stuff, and itll stop the whole having the pokewalker on you dilemma