• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*PokéWalker*~ Are you going to use it? If so, what for?

Are you going to use the PokéWalker?

• Yes, probably all the time!

Votes: 559 48.4%
  • Yeah, but probably just sometimes cause I may be busy.

Votes: 370 32.1%
  • Um...maybe...I haven't decided yet.

Votes: 181 15.7%
  • No, not going to use it at all

Votes: 44 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blaperile

Blaziken rules!
Damn it! :(

I wonder why Nintendo let us send our Pokémon back each level, that will be very annoying!

pika_power

Normal Coordinator
Perhaps it's a level-up system for the walker? The more watts, the more levels you gain. Just a guess.

Either way, the walker has other uses. For example, it can gather watts. Which I'm sure can be spent on something.

codemonkey85

Pokémon Hoarder
Well, that explains things. Dang. Isn't there also a limit on sending Pokemon to the Pokewalker per day, of some kind?

There is no such daily limit to my knowledge.

...the Pokewalker is a way to get certain Pokemon earlier, in addition to a decent selection of items.

That's true too. I guess it's kind of like the replacement for Sinnoh's underground, and with the addition of catching Pokémon, it's a pretty neat one.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
There is no such daily limit to my knowledge.

That's true too. I guess it's kind of like the replacement for Sinnoh's underground, and with the addition of catching Pokémon, it's a pretty neat one.

Oh, I thought I remembered hearing a limit on separate Pokewalker sessions or something. Well, if there isn't one, that's certainly good.

ancient pray

You. Will. Be. Mine.
Transfering a pokemon to it might be dangerous... I mean, what if you lose it? Then your Pokemon is gone, not that it matters if you stored a lvl 3 pidgey, but what if you have a mewtwo with good IV's and nice Nature? Is the Data lost for ever?

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Transfering a pokemon to it might be dangerous... I mean, what if you lose it? Then your Pokemon is gone, not that it matters if you stored a lvl 3 pidgey, but what if you have a mewtwo with good IV's and nice Nature? Is the Data lost for ever?

Yeah, probably. But the Pokewalker does have a backplate with a hook option, and I'll be using it. I'm way too absent-minded to just put it loose in a pocket or a purse. If I take it out, it's going out attached to me.

ancient pray

You. Will. Be. Mine.
Okay, I hope that it doesn't feel embarrasing though xD

Will each step be 1 EXP point (just like in the daycare when you walk 1 step you get 1 exp point?)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Either way, the walker has other uses. For example, it can gather watts. Which I'm sure can be spent on something.

Watts are how you enter battles and use the PokeRadar etc.

Of course if you lose it it's gone. Just don't lose it o_O
Okay, I hope that it doesn't feel embarrasing though xD

Will each step be 1 EXP point (just like in the daycare when you walk 1 step you get 1 exp point?)

Whyw ould it be embarrassing?

We're not sure what the Exp is any more since you can only gain one level per transfer.

ancient pray

You. Will. Be. Mine.
Why it would be embarrasing? When you sit in the classroom and ask the teacher if you can GO to the toilet, and the teacher is like; give me the real reason! alright alright then, I need to train my pikachu, happy now? rofl
wait a sec, what did you say?
do you mean that you can only level it up 1 level and then need to transfer it back and back again to let it gain another level? so it's not like you can just train it 3 levels without need to transfer it the whole time?

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Why it would be embarrasing? When you sit in the classroom and ask the teacher if you can GO to the toilet, and the teacher is like; give me the real reason! alright alright then, I need to train my pikachu, happy now? rofl
wait a sec, what did you say?
do you mean that you can only level it up 1 level and then need to transfer it back and back again to let it gain another level? so it's not like you can just train it 3 levels without need to transfer it the whole time?

Phh, I went through that with Tomagotchis, or however you spell it, way WAY back when I was in school. Just don't let it get in the way of what you're supposed to be doing in school (no running to the bathroom to check on your Pikachu, and make sure you mute the sound), and if your peers have at you for it, screw em.

codemonkey85

Pokémon Hoarder
Transfering a pokemon to it might be dangerous... I mean, what if you lose it? ...Is the Data lost for ever?

Of course if you lose it it's gone. Just don't lose it o_O

You guys, it says in the manual for the 'Walker that you cannot lose your Pokémon that way. There is a way to restore your Pokémon to its original state in your game (a backup is made in your save file every time you transfer one to your 'Walker).

The only thing you would lose, aside from the device itself, is the progress you had made with that Pokémon in terms of EXP and happiness.

If you ever find the device again and you have performed such a restore, you must reset your 'Walker. This is obviously necessary to prevent people from cloning.

By the way, it has been proven to be 1 EXP per step. Someone on GameFAQs noted how many EXP to level up one particular Pokémon before transferring it to the 'Walker, walked exactly that number of steps, and transferred it back. Sure enough, it gained a level.

EDIT:

Exactly.

Last edited:

ancient pray

You. Will. Be. Mine.
Damn it, I was just beginning to think about a Big cloning thing.
Okay that's kinda cool, but can you only walk it 1 level at the time, or can you walk it like 3 levels without needing to transfer it back?

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Oh wow, I didn't realize that. That's a fantastic feature. Kudos to GF for that.

ancient pray

You. Will. Be. Mine.

pikachu_king

Paladin Of Pikachus
I don't mind the one level per transfer limit.... I'm using it more for happiness + free pokemon(no buying balls FTW! 200 steps for one free pokemon, awesome.).

Also, is there an easier way to pick grass patches for item finder? I've oinly gotten the item once out of any times I've used it. Is there a hint or something?

And how many grass chains do you need for rare pokemon with the radar? I've gotten chains of 3 (3rd has 2 ! marks on it), but always get common pokemon. I'd love to catch a kanghaskhan.

ancient pray

You. Will. Be. Mine.
yeah, big deal, no buying balls.. the pokemon you get are probably crappy anyway, so you only win 1 pokeball, like I said, big deal...

pikachu_king

Paladin Of Pikachus
yeah, big deal, no buying balls.. the pokemon you get are probably crappy anyway, so you only win 1 pokeball, like I said, big deal...

considering I actually own one and can say from experience, I find it to be worth it, since theres a good many pokemon you can get this way you wouldn't be able to get until MUCH later. Not to mention in ONE transfer to the pokewalker you can get:

1 level
unsure of happiness (haven't tested)
3 new pokemon
10 items

I think that's worth it.

EDIT: also, anyone know how to unlock the extra slots in the pokewalker?

Last edited:

Johto-Master

the only level thing is a disappointment, i still think its better than nothing, because school still takes away from my pokémon time, so the least i could do is get and extra level a day and some rare 'Walker items, pokémon, and whatever the walker may throw our way, plus i'll get a good chance at finding that flying pikachu:025ball: