• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*PokéWalker*~ Are you going to use it? If so, what for?

Are you going to use the PokéWalker?

• Yes, probably all the time!

Votes: 559 48.4%
  • Yeah, but probably just sometimes cause I may be busy.

Votes: 370 32.1%
  • Um...maybe...I haven't decided yet.

Votes: 181 15.7%
  • No, not going to use it at all

Votes: 44 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Abus0ru

アブソル
Wow, only 1 level per transfer? I guess that's to prevent people from getting too powerful of Pokemon just by using the Pokewalker. It's also a good thing, in only one way. If your training a Pokemon that evolves by happiness you can just keep it in the Pokewalker until it gains enough happiness, so it will evolve at a lower level. Or do they restrict it to only a certain amount of happiness per transfer too?

ArchangelUnmei

Shiny Cottonball!
Wow, only 1 level per transfer? I guess that's to prevent people from getting too powerful of Pokemon just by using the Pokewalker. It's also a good thing, in only one way. If your training a Pokemon that evolves by happiness you can just keep it in the Pokewalker until it gains enough happiness, so it will evolve at a lower level. Or do they restrict it to only a certain amount of happiness per transfer too?

I don't know about the happiness, but the one level thing is probably so the game can prompt you when a Pokemon learns new moves. I'm just in the habit of transfering my Pokemon back every night so it'll gain a level, then putting it immediately back into the PokeWalker.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Well my first time using the pokewalker for battling and item finding went well, caught a pidgey and a female nidoran, and managed to get 2 full heals and a berry, really enjoying this thus far.

pikachu_king

Paladin Of Pikachus
Does anyone know if the Flying pikachu has a unique mini-sprite when encountered on the walker? Or does it look the same as all the other pikachu's? I'm trying to find one....

Also, my togepi has been in the walker for 9 levels now (transfered back after each one), and still won't evolve into togetic when given a rare candy in the game, so happiness gain may be minimal or capped.... or (dare I say) non-existant.

codemonkey85

Pokémon Hoarder
pikachu_king, I have a Togepi in the 'Walker as well... I am not planning to let it out until after about a week. I think transferring it back and forth like that is unecessary for happiness gain (assuming it exists after all, IT HAD BETTER).

pikachu_king

Paladin Of Pikachus
pikachu_king, I have a Togepi in the 'Walker as well... I am not planning to let it out until after about a week. I think transferring it back and forth like that is unecessary for happiness gain (assuming it exists after all, IT HAD BETTER).

I transfer it for the watts. so far I've unlocked up to the 500 watt course + pikachu forest. I'll transfer togepi back efery 100-150ish watts for the level + so I don't get tempted to spend too many of them (I'll spend watts if I have atleast 150)

codemonkey85

Pokémon Hoarder
You don't have to transfer Togepi back and forth to transfer the watts to your game.

Select the second option on the PokéWalker menu in HGSS instead of the first option. :p

pikachu_king

Paladin Of Pikachus
You don't have to transfer Togepi back and forth to transfer the watts to your game.

Select the second option on the PokéWalker menu in HGSS instead of the first option. :p

Really? o_O.... Wow I'll have to try that. Thanks.

Do you know how to put multiple pokemon on it? I haven't figured it out... I have VERY limited knowledge of Japanese, so I haven't figured much out on it.

codemonkey85

Pokémon Hoarder
I'm pretty sure you can only put one Pokémon on it at a time. Of course, there is space to store a few that you catch yourself.

pikachu_king

Paladin Of Pikachus
I'm pretty sure you can only put one Pokémon on it at a time. Of course, there is space to store a few that you catch yourself.

The spaces for the ones you catch and the spaces for loading are seperate though.

When loading a pokemon it shows 3 slots, one's white, the other two are greyed out. and you can catch 3 pokemon at a time, which is 1 more than there are slots. (1 you sent + 3 caught = 4).... I also think someone earlier in this thread mentioned it holding 3.

codemonkey85

Pokémon Hoarder
But what function would the other Pokémon perform? There isn't enough screen space for all those sprites...

Curious. Is anyone else around that is fluent enough in Japanese to figure this out? I could scan my PokéWalker instruction manual and post it on Sendspace if need be.

ribcage_x

Thats so cool of course I'm gunna carry it with me everywhere!
Hopefully I can find a way to put it on a necklace

pikachu_king

Paladin Of Pikachus
maybe so they too can gain experience and happiness. Maybe only one shows, and you select it from the inventory page in the pokewalker (2nd option from the right)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

It's been said that they gain Happiness.

The spaces for the ones you catch and the spaces for loading are seperate though.

When loading a pokemon it shows 3 slots, one's white, the other two are greyed out. and you can catch 3 pokemon at a time, which is 1 more than there are slots. (1 you sent + 3 caught = 4).... I also think someone earlier in this thread mentioned it holding 3.

You get those slots as you unlock more courses or whatever.

Abus0ru

アブソル
Well, considering you can only raise them a level at a time, I probably won't use it as much as originally planned. I'll only use it for gaining happiness and catching certain Pokemon and getting items.

Abus0ru

アブソル
Well, considering you can only raise them a level at a time, I probably won't use it as much as originally planned. I'll only use it for gaining happiness and catching certain Pokemon and getting items.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
I've been debating whether or not to take it school with me, but yes. I am going to use it. Mainly to get specific Pokemon, and to get Pokemon to max happiness.

bloodghoul

Porygon2 - DoomDuck!
Hmm not sure whether I am going to use this as I am nearly 20 and go to University. It would probably look weird lol.

But I do have a couple questions that would help me decide how I am going to use it.

1. Do it makes sounds? If Yes can you turn the sounds off?

2. Is there a Limit to the amount of Watts you can accumilate before you have to store them on you DS? Also how long does it take to accumilate the Watts

3. Is this more like a...
Tamogotchi - Things pop up while you are walking and you have to see to it before anything else can happen

Pedometer - You walk around and accumilate the watts and then it looks for pokemon/items when you ask it to.

Thanks for any help given.
BloodGhoul

pikachu_king

Paladin Of Pikachus
Hmm not sure whether I am going to use this as I am nearly 20 and go to University. It would probably look weird lol.

But I do have a couple questions that would help me decide how I am going to use it.

1. Do it makes sounds? If Yes can you turn the sounds off?

2. Is there a Limit to the amount of Watts you can accumilate before you have to store them on you DS? Also how long does it take to accumilate the Watts

3. Is this more like a...
Tamogotchi - Things pop up while you are walking and you have to see to it before anything else can happen

Pedometer - You walk around and accumilate the watts and then it looks for pokemon/items when you ask it to.

Thanks for any help given.
BloodGhoul

1. yes, and yes you can turn the sounds off.
2. Not that I've seen. 20 steps = 1 watt.
3. pedometer. Looking for pokemon costs 10 watts, looking for items costs 3 watts.