• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*PokéWalker*~ Are you going to use it? If so, what for?

Are you going to use the PokéWalker?

• Yes, probably all the time!

Votes: 559 48.4%
  • Yeah, but probably just sometimes cause I may be busy.

Votes: 370 32.1%
  • Um...maybe...I haven't decided yet.

Votes: 181 15.7%
  • No, not going to use it at all

Votes: 44 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pikachu_king

Paladin Of Pikachus
it's rather small... it's got a diameter of 2 inches roughly (I'm guessing... can't find my ruler) and it has 2 backs: a flat one so it's smaller for your pocket, and one with a clip so you can put it on a belt.

Bank$

I was under the impression that you could bring this thing along for a run and level a pokemon. But looking at the Pokewalker description page Serebii put up it has wild pokemon found, items, courses etc. I'm now a little confused as to what you're supposed to do with this thing..

Can anyone explain please? Thanks.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
I may use it to get rare pokemon and items early on. For example, I saw that things like Elekid and Kangaskhan could be found, though rare, and also that rare berries such as Petaya and Salac are available. Other than that, I don't care too much for it.

Hotron

Pokemon noob
Anyone know how to transfer watts back to the PokeWalker? I have hundreds on my DS and it's just being wasted sitting there...

Haimoku

Raichu Trainer
I was under the impression that you could bring this thing along for a run and level a pokemon. But looking at the Pokewalker description page Serebii put up it has wild pokemon found, items, courses etc. I'm now a little confused as to what you're supposed to do with this thing..

Can anyone explain please? Thanks.

You can level pokemon up on it, and while you walk you gain things called 'watts' in addition to exp. The watts are then used to catch pokemon and find items in courses on the pokewalker, and to unlock new courses to catch more pokemon and find more items.

Bank$

You can level pokemon up on it, and while you walk you gain things called 'watts' in addition to exp. The watts are then used to catch pokemon and find items in courses on the pokewalker, and to unlock new courses to catch more pokemon and find more items.

Ah, okay. Thanks for that :).

Eclipsed soul

Houndour Trainer
At the moment, I'm trying to focus on getting most of the courses unlocked rather than waste more watts trying to catch rare pokemon.(I already wasted over 100 Watts on that, orz)

Togepii is on there lounging until I get him enough happiness to evolve. I'm just occasionally shake it while I work.(However, my main focus is my job, then playing my DS while I do so)

Hotron

Pokemon noob
It also seems as if You don't learn moves at all when you level up on pokewalker. Which sucks because my mareep is useless against the first gym now because it didn't learn thundershock

codemonkey85

Pokémon Hoarder
It's been said that they gain Happiness.

I thought so, but I just wanted to be sure it wasn't a misinterpretation or anything.

At any rate, I will be removing my Togepi from the 'Walker in a few days to see if it is happy enough to evolve yet. *crossing fingers for a level 2 / 3 Togetic*

By the way, you guys asking questions about what you can do with the 'Walker, how to transfer watts, etc... just look at earlier posts. Only a few posts before those questions you will find the answers. :\

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
It also seems as if You don't learn moves at all when you level up on pokewalker. Which sucks because my mareep is useless against the first gym now because it didn't learn thundershock

This thing gets more and more disappointing for leveling as tie goes on.

At any rate, I will be removing my Togepi from the 'Walker in a few days to see if it is happy enough to evolve yet. *crossing fingers for a level 2 / 3 Togetic*

Hopefully it can gain an unlimited amount of Happiness in the PokeWalker. Otherwise it will be a huge let down.

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
Yeah, Pokewalker, you gay son..

I'm just going to transfer over a cute Pokemon, and give it to my GF, she wants to use it for some reason lol.

Sailor Saturn

Master of Silence
Though disappointing, I can kind of see the point of the 1 level per session. After all, you wouldn't want your Poke levelling up too much in the beginning so it wouldn't obey you. But to be deprived of level-up moves for using the 'Walker, that's just plain not right. Looks like the amount I plan to use it has gone down even further.

codemonkey85

Pokémon Hoarder
After all, you wouldn't want your Poke levelling up too much in the beginning so it wouldn't obey you.

Actually, if the Pokémon was originally obtained in your game (i.e. if the TID, SID, OT name, OT gender, and OT country match between your Pokémon and your game), then the Pokémon will obey you no matter what. The disobedience only happens with "outsider" Pokémon.

As for the level-up moves, you know you can always give the Move Tutor in Blackthorn City a Heart Scale and get them back... not that that helps you in the meantime.

nekoakuma

Event Hunter
don't think you can transfer watts back to pokewalker..the saved watts are used to open new areas though

nekoakuma

Event Hunter
don't think you can transfer watts back to pokewalker..the saved watts are used to open new areas though

squlicky4

i will use the pokewalker all the time like and i would train my chikarita with it and others

I'll probably just use it to get the pokemon from the courses, and level up pokemon that I need to evolve or whatever.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Being able to use the move tutor for Heart Scales will alleviate the move thing a little bit, though I think this is a bit of oversight on GF's part. Well, I mostly plan on using it to catch Pokemon and get items anyway, so I plan on using a fully trained Pokemon that have all the moves they'll ever need already for that.