• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*PokéWalker*~ Are you going to use it? If so, what for?

Are you going to use the PokéWalker?

• Yes, probably all the time!

Votes: 559 48.4%
  • Yeah, but probably just sometimes cause I may be busy.

Votes: 370 32.1%
  • Um...maybe...I haven't decided yet.

Votes: 181 15.7%
  • No, not going to use it at all

Votes: 44 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GreenNinja

Treasure Hunter
im just thinking its like the day care center except you have control over it, like when a pokemon learns a move you can yes or no to it being learned. that alone makes it good or bad imo

ijea4444

*Facepalm*

The game costs the same as Diamond/Pearl/Platinum when they came out. The Pokéwalker is free with the game. YOU DON'T PAY FOR THE POKÉWALKER.

So if the package with the booklet came with an extra page, YOU DIDN'T PAY FOR IT BECAUSE IT WAS FREE! It doesn't make it a free page.

It was included in the package so it was technically purchased, she was saying that she had purchased it, she has it, she might as well use it.

Sorry if you are a he, then replace all "shes" with hes.

Trainer_Melissa

The "Cute" Trainer
im just thinking its like the day care center except you have control over it, like when a pokemon learns a move you can yes or no to it being learned. that alone makes it good or bad imo

(OK, NOW this is my last post for a while.)

According to the link below,

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker.shtml

the PokeWalker is much more than just a device used to let you Pokemon gain EXP. You're Pokemon can appearantly walk into areas of the software that allows your Pokemon to do things like battle Pokemon in tall grass after a number of steps. (Kind of like a Digimon D-Power Digivice) It would also seem you will unlock more areas as you use it more and more.

Also, there seems to be a mini-game in this device that allows you to find items such as a Potion.

But that doesn't seem to be all. Read more to find out.
It's not just a portable daycare, it's much, much more.;492-s;

info summerized from serebii.net

<3 crobat <3

GSC trainer only
help

this sound dumb but im confused on the whole thing. besides the xp benefit what else is there? and why are people not wanting to put the pokemon for their team on there? wouldn't that be good training?

Atari

Did it on 'em
This is a pretty great way to encourage Pokemon fans to get needed exercise. I could definitely see myself carrying this around with me everywhere I go. [noparse]:D[/noparse]

I would definitely use this to assist in leveling up in order to evolve, or maybe even to train up some of my main party Pokemon. Plus, seeing this will apparently be similar to a Giga pet, the portability of the devise is definitely something neat to take advantage of.

ijea4444

this sound dumb but im confused on the whole thing. besides the xp benefit what else is there? Read the post above yours. Or read the serebii page.and why are people not wanting to put the pokemon for their team on there? They think they'll lose it or the battery will run outwouldn't that be good training?Not if the pokemon gets lost forever

I'm sure it'll give you warnings if the battery is low or caution you when its getting low. And for losing it, you have the same risk of losing your pokemon game.

Vault-Boy

Eh, I'd like to keep my social life intact, so I probably won't.

EDIT: Whoops, sorry. Didn't mean to do that.

Nana

haha, there isn't a "No" option.

I might try it out once, but I'll probably chuck the thing.

the elite trainer

Warrior Of Darkness
Ofcourse!

And it probably just copies your pokemon and when you connect it to your DS it updates it's level and stuff.

Empoleon Bonaparte

Ofcourse!

And it probably just copies your pokemon and when you connect it to your DS it updates it's level and stuff.

But what happens if you have, for example, a Pikachu, then put it in the Walker, train it a couple of levels while walking, but on your HG/SS, you evolve the Pikachu. What would happen? Would the game ignore the evolution and just gain levels? Will it fully ignore the evolution and de-evolve it? Or will the game just crash and burn?

As you can see, it would be more reasonable to just send it over, not copy it.

And for those who are scared that they lose their Pokémon if the Walker runs out of battery power, there must be a save option and a warning before it shuts off. Just like your DS.

Vivronkasaur

The Zany Pokemon
Ofcourse!

that's what i was thinking. It probably makes a copy on the hg/ss that you can't immediatly access.
If you try, it'll probably ask,'are you sure? once you do, the pokewalker pokemon will not be saved.'

I'm positive they've thought this over people!!! But we shall see.

ANYWAYS, i'll more than likely use it when going out. My stupid girl-jeans pockets won't fit my dsi, and i don't have a purse :p
plus walking is my only personal source of transportation xD
i know for sure i'll be putting my togepi or eevee on it to raise it's love :D

Knightmare

I actually go running regularly and I walk a lot so I'm probably going to get a lot of use out of this o.o

Hydration

Berlitz Fan
Ill prolly use it alot. Good way to level them up after I EV train.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
I dont know yet. I havent decieded yet i might for ones for happiness/pokemon which take forever to level.

Cruisercard

I *might
* use it in public, but they should put velcro on the back so I could hide it in the inside of a sleeve or something.
Otherwise it'll be reduced to me shaking it around.

Leki

Gym Leader Morty <3
Ooooh, this may be an really good thing for me. :x I'll probably use the Walker for HM Slaves or Pokemon that need to evolve for my PokeDex.... or happiness Pokemon.

I won't need to use it for my main team. I can level them up well enough.

Eivana

There Is No NiGHTS!
Sounds like a plan. I like that. It would be good for my HG/SS team...

Sailor Saturn

Master of Silence
I wouldn't worry too much about the battery dying. I have a newer generation Tamagotchi, and when the battery dies it does basically start a new game. However, you can press a button and choose 'download' and your Tamagotchi from before the battery dies comes back. I'm sure the Pokewalker will have some kinds of similar safeguards in it.