• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*PokéWalker*~ Are you going to use it? If so, what for?

Are you going to use the PokéWalker?

• Yes, probably all the time!

Votes: 559 48.4%
  • Yeah, but probably just sometimes cause I may be busy.

Votes: 370 32.1%
  • Um...maybe...I haven't decided yet.

Votes: 181 15.7%
  • No, not going to use it at all

Votes: 44 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
If it's free, I think I'll try and use it. Levelling up my Pokemon can be somewhat of a pain sometimes, so it would be useful in that sense.

Chaos Rush

You should add an option to the poll that says, "No, because I really don't give a crap about it," since all we have so far is Yes, Yes, and Maybe. How come there isn't a No option in the poll?

Last edited:

Rayn_Shyu

Claimed!
I'm probably gonna use it all the time, or at least a couple... For Crobat and Blissey. I doubt they can evolve on that thing, but getting those guy's happiness up is really annoying.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
Yeah, I plan to use it =)

Luxraymaster

On the road to Johto
I'm gonna use it when we do our 9 miles round the school field! Plus I will put my pokemon in training on so it'll be easier (hope they still gain stats).

Spriteman

Sometimes a bit rude
I'm gonna use it. It'll be awesome if I'm playing on stage with my band, and the Pokemon I've got with me at the time levels up. I'll probably yell it's levelled up and start screaming again.

Not decided what Pokemon I'm gonna keep with me. Probably a Bulbasaur, or a Treecko. Maybe a Seedot. If they evolve in that thing, it'll be awesome.

I DO hope it uses Flash memory though. Because if it doesn't, it's gonna piss me off. It'll run out of battery and boom, it's gone. Please be Flash.

cptmyname

I'm probably just gunna tape it to a back massager (little vibrating thingy) and leave it for an hour to train pokedex pokemon

but for seriousness im gunna keep a relicanth in it

The Flash

I like shorts!
I'll most likely not use it. Because walking around with a little Pokemon Walker is kinda lame. But if i'm out on a run by myself sure, why not? Let my pokemon get some experience, and it will help us bond. o_O

GreenNinja

Treasure Hunter
im pretty sure they will make it so if the batt dies you wont lose your pokemon, plus the thing has different areas for the pokemon to be in right? im sure thats not loaded from the DS cart but rather saved in the poke walker, (heh just realised why its called the "poke walker" and not the "poke pedo") becuase they must know that if you loose your pokemon they are gong to get poke walekrs bombs in the mail.

ZenAkrua

CSS Pirate
Totally gonna pop either a 1st tier pokemon on there like Larvitar (or Gible if I'm feeling up to it) or a legendary I already have more of just to carry around as my "ambassador". Seriously, we needed this kind of customization with Pokemon Pikachu. Though.. I'd have actually cried when I lost mine way back when if I had my Lv. 100 Pidgeot on there. xD

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I'll use it... I like to walk, I liked gigapets, and I like pokemon... and I that thing is small, I can slip it into my pocket if I have to go somewhere where I don't want anyone to see it. Even if I have to rig the buttons not to get pressed... which I suppose is simple as a padded altoids tin or well some placed toothpick scraps and tape.

I doubt you'll lose your pokemon even if the battery dies and the pokewalker doesn't know what was supposed to be on it.... because the DS cart will know what it sent.

How the hell does a pokewalker sending a signal when broken, make since to any of you? (unless it's just the motion sensor that broke, in which case you'd still be able to get your precious back) If it's broken, that means it doesn't function, so can't send out signals.

I'll probably put something you get early on on it, like zubat or gastly.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Fwee! ^_^
I'll finally have a use for those long and pointless walks... Yay.
I'm guessing It probably has memory. After all, it is technicaly bigger than a DS game...

Handsome

James: Falcon...
Why isn't there a 'no' option in the poll above?
I don't think I would be bothered using a PokeWalker. I find it pretty pointless to use it when you can level and increase your Pokemon friendships just by fighting trainers/wild Pokemon and get massages (if there is in HGSS).

ishta

ish teh ishta
I think that the PokeWalker is an extremely helpful device. It will encourage people to get up and exercise their pokemon instead of pressing buttons and staring at screens.
I will use it most constantly.

Dillio_686

Cold-Blooded
I'll probably put it on mute, stick it in my backpack and go to school. When I go shopping, I will check it when I get it the car.

ubernoob

<--- Next target?
I'll use it when I'm running! xD Just so I can gain EXP for some of my, er, weaker pokes, when I'm unable to access my DS.

Red Globe

Si Vis Amor, ama
I'm going to nail one to my leg and pretend it's the hippest thing around.