• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*PokéWalker*~ Are you going to use it? If so, what for?

Are you going to use the PokéWalker?

• Yes, probably all the time!

Votes: 559 48.4%
  • Yeah, but probably just sometimes cause I may be busy.

Votes: 370 32.1%
  • Um...maybe...I haven't decided yet.

Votes: 181 15.7%
  • No, not going to use it at all

Votes: 44 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yaminokame

やみのかめ
I was definitely over 8000 steps when I got my fly pikachu. I had let my turntable go over night. It appeared on a !!! patch. Previously I obtained Surf Pikachus on !! patches, so I assume Fly would be the same. Itemwise I have no luck on this section. I usually get berries and Big Roots. No matter how many steps. That light ball may be very rare.

Yeah, I'm thinking that the lightball is going to be the 100,000+ step item in this case. I've actually found about 3 of them so far, one fairly early on in my experience using the walker, the second time was using a Grass-type Pokemon (from my records it sounds like it was actually the first item I found when testing lol >_< The order was: Lightball - Aspear Berry - Big Root - Miracle Seed - Big Root - Big Mushroom. The third being found by Arceus very randomly lol ^^ (I got one of those speech balloon prompts lol)

Since it's going to be about 14 1/2 hours until I can try again, can someone check what the item is in Yellow Forest that comes out at 500 steps? Big Mushroom should be 0-499 steps

mgoode2001

You do have 10000+ steps right? Because we've been thinking that it might need to be 10000+ like in champ road than 5000 like in the other courses.

I had way more. Probably closer to 50,000 when i found it. But, I didn't try right after 10,000. I've gotten the max before (99999) and still had trouble with flying/surfing pikachu. It seems Yellow forest has it's own rarity rates. With max steps in other courses I can catch any A level pokemon easily. Not yellow forest though. It's been the most frustrating course. Itemswise and pokemon-wise. TMs and rare items abound in other coarses.

ijea4444

Which also reminds me lol. For some reason some days I get 4k/5k/6k/8k steps(I don't have a gym period this semester but even if I did, I don't have any gymshorts w/pockets) I do recall that days that I don't shake my leg (bad habit lol) I get 8000 steps. Maybe extreme movements temporarily prevents counts.(from WPM's experience extreme movements only register 6 steps) The wierds thing is I only do it in the middle of class, and obviously I'm not moving. And I do the same routine every day only very miniscule changes occur day to day, not enought to distort my step counts by the thousands. Maybe the extreme movements can lower the steps per step. I.E 2 real live steps would register as 1 walker step. Or some other effect that could cause that to happen.

Last edited:

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Maybe extreme movements temporarily prevents counts.(from WPM's experience extreme movements only register 6 steps)
Actually, that was me haha ^^

I do recall that days that I don't shake my leg (bad habit lol)

I've gotten yelled at so many times for doing that to build up steps lol ;__; It's especially bad since it's looked down upon in Japan... :(

We really need a PokeWalker research thread :/ ... *sigh* lol

Last edited:

R_N

At this point this pretty much is the pokewalker research thread.
Just look at the past like 10++ pages, it's virtually nothing but you (and co.)'s findings with the intermediate posts about what they'll use it for.

ijea4444

Actually, that was me haha ^^

I've gotten yelled at so many times for doing that to build up steps lol ;__; It's especially bad since it's looked down upon in Japan... :(

We really need a PokeWalker research thread :/ ... *sigh* lol

Sorry, Pokebeach never really said who did the test. And your right there really should be a pokewalker reasearch thread lol. ;) I'd love a more detailed walker section on serebii. Like a Walkerdex or something like it.

EDIT: @ Above, just because this has acted as a makeshift Research thread, doesn't mean I'd to just as good. People don't come to this thread looking to do reasearch. If we had a research thread, we could have teams working on specific tasks, such as specific item steps or type advantages for specific courses(coughYFcough). The only research this thread has had has been two people posting their findings of pokemon. We already knew which pokemon were in which courses, all we found out were items(Yami in Champ Road)/and movesets(the other guy who uses a turntable). Although both were good news and findings, aren't as good as knowing everything.Which could be done way faster with a research thread.

Last edited:

yaminokame

やみのかめ
At this point this pretty much is the pokewalker research thread.
Just look at the past like 10++ pages, it's virtually nothing but you (and co.)'s findings with the intermediate posts about what they'll use it for.

My main idea there though was to have at least an appropriate title for the thread that said what we were doing (or trying to achieve) in it so that it would seem more like a research-thread. Right now everything is scattered and messy :/ ... oh well lol :p

Sorry, Pokebeach never really said who did the test. And your right there really should be a pokewalker reasearch thread lol. ;) I'd love a more detailed walker section on serebii. Like a Walkerdex or something like it.

haha yeah, it was being edited by 3 people at the same time, but all seemed like the same person XD

Last edited:

Nijynx

Lady trainer
I'm most likely going to use it every day!
at karate, or when I'm walking to school...or probably just sticking to my friend's cat's collar <---jk about last part.
I think it's hilarious that it's in disguise to make kids and avid poke-gamers get up and walk around lol (not that im implying we're the lazy ones or anything)

do u think the pokewalker also counts jumping around and sudden movements?

yaminokame

やみのかめ
I'm most likely going to use it every day!
at karate, or when I'm walking to school...or probably just sticking to my friend's cat's collar <---jk about last part.
I think it's hilarious that it's in disguise to make kids and avid poke-gamers get up and walk around lol (not that im implying we're the lazy ones or anything)

do u think the pokewalker also counts jumping around and sudden movements?

It depends on how sharp the movement is. From my experiences, if you shake it really hard & fast, then it doesn't count too much for you. (it still counts, but not accurately) If you shake it at a human walk rate, it seems to count a little bit more accurately. It definitely counts jumping. ^^

ijea4444

I guess I was rushing my reading so fast I didn't notice the contributers lol. And I edited my other post as to why I want a research thread. I can't copy and paste it do to not having a computer ATM and resorting to using the wii for the time being. If I could I would copy and paste the edit here.

mgoode2001

I just caught my second Flying Pikachu. It was at about 90,000 steps. I think I'm retiring from the search now. I'm going to give my turntable some time off (it was going for about two weeks straight). I'll just build steps the old fashion way and use the watts to get items for my Silver play through.

On a funny note, I went to dinner tonight and when I came home one of the pokewalkers had flown off the turntable. I had to spend 5 to 10 minutes tracking it down. I had no idea which way it had flown. I guess the lesson is use stronger tape (or, not to cheat at the pokewalker).

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Hmm, very interesting... a day has gone by, so I was able to start searching a little bit more for the required steps for the items of Yellow Forest and it turns out that they are actually different than Champ Road... this is what I've been able to gather so far:

1000-??? Aspear Berry
900-999 Rawst Berry
800-899 Pecha Berry
700-799 Chesto Berry
600-699 Cheri Berry
0-599 Big Mushroom

Oddly enough, when I got into range that the item is unlocked, for some reason each time (except for once) that was the first item I found (on the exception it was the second item I found) ... I'll look for the next one, Thunderstone, Miracle Seed, Big Root and Light Ball are left :p

EDIT: Found Miracle Seed @ 5,500 ... I could have just been very unlucky at 5,000 so i'll test more tomorrow to see if i can get one below 5,500

EDIT2: Okay, Thunderstone was found at 6,000 and both Lightball and Big Root were found at 7,000. I need to do another test to find out exactly where the higher ones were unlocked >_< But at least now we know that all items are available at 7k+

Can someone help me to either prove or disprove this? (Yellow Forest):

5000+ Thunderstone/Big Root/Light Ball/Miracle Seed
4000-4999 Thunderstone/Big Root/Light Ball/Miracle Seed
3000-3999 Thunderstone/Big Root/Light Ball/Miracle Seed
2000-2999 Thunderstone/Big Root/Light Ball/Miracle Seed
1000-1999 Aspear Berry
900-999 Rawst Berry
800-899 Pecha Berry
700-799 Chesto Berry
600-699 Cheri Berry
0-599 Big Mushroom

Bold = speculation roughly based on above spoiler findings

Since we don't know what the advantage types are for Yellow Forest quite yet, these results were all found with a normal Pokemon, so it might help to search with a normal one as well for the time being. I'm hoping to perfect this list in the next 12 hours XD Can anyone prove/disprove any of these?

pikachu_king

Paladin Of Pikachus
not really disproving, but I had 7,000 steps last night and couldn't find a light ball for the life of me... I found the other 3 rare items no trouble, but no light ball... so either it's frustratingly rare, or I'm really unlucky.

(which reminds me, anyone have a spare light ball they can trade? I thought of trying to steal Red's, but I have no pokemon with stealing moves anywhere near a level to outspeed that thing.)

yaminokame

やみのかめ
not really disproving, but I had 7,000 steps last night and couldn't find a light ball for the life of me... I found the other 3 rare items no trouble, but no light ball... so either it's frustratingly rare, or I'm really unlucky.

(which reminds me, anyone have a spare light ball they can trade? I thought of trying to steal Red's, but I have no pokemon with stealing moves anywhere near a level to outspeed that thing.)

I actually just found one yesterday at 7,200-ish steps ^^ That puts me at 4 Light Balls >_< and I'm going to have another one by the end of the night lol... too bad I can't use Wi-Fi readily or I'd give you 3 of them lol >_< If you have kept any record of finding any items lower than what they are listed, then please let me know ^^ It's still another 1 1/2 hours until I can check myself :p

Jimmy1

Pokemon Master
I cannot find a picachu with surf and fly in yellow forest
Do i have to get over a certain amount of watts to take them?

yaminokame

やみのかめ
I cannot find a picachu with surf and fly in yellow forest
Do i have to get over a certain amount of watts to take them?

Make sure you have walked over 8,000 steps. They should have a chance to appear on patches of grass that have either '!!' or '!!!' on them. '!!!' should be a guaranteed find.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I wonder if Rock has the advantage in Yellow Forest. I had a Geodude in there, and I was doing pretty well for myself; however when I had a Sandshrew I wasn't. So far I've only been able to get Surf and Flail.

My question is about Pretty Oceanside. Why am I getting "!!!" for the same Psyduck/Slowpoke that I get at "!?" I want a freakin Staryu. heh

yaminokame

やみのかめ
My question is about Pretty Oceanside. Why am I getting "!!!" for the same Psyduck/Slowpoke that I get at "!?" I want a freakin Staryu. heh

Not quite sure what the "!?" means, but whenever you see a Psyduck, it means that Staryu cannot be found. You need to send your Pokemon back to your game and then send either it or another Pokemon to the PokeWalker and search again :p

BlackShadowRose

The Lost one.
Yes I tend on using it. I walk a lot in work so that will be great for me. Check it on breaks ect. As for the pokemon. I will pick a random pokemon and use it. I hope to catch a lot of pokemon in it. Also see how far i can get a pokemon by walking =^^=

Last edited: