• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*PokéWalker*~ Are you going to use it? If so, what for?

Are you going to use the PokéWalker?

• Yes, probably all the time!

Votes: 559 48.4%
  • Yeah, but probably just sometimes cause I may be busy.

Votes: 370 32.1%
  • Um...maybe...I haven't decided yet.

Votes: 181 15.7%
  • No, not going to use it at all

Votes: 44 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ijea4444

I got my surf pikachu with just slightly over 8,000 steps. since then I've only gotten a !!! patch one more time and that was over 10,000 (although it ran...)

So it was just my bad luck. But when I had the 9000-ish steps all I got were "!" and an occasional "!-!", and I reach 10000 and I get a "!-!-!!-!!! on like my 3rd try."

Did you capture yours in a !-!-!! or a !-!-!!-!!!? Becuase it could be possible taht the !-!-!! start appearing 8k+ and !-!-!!-!!! appear 10k+.

And like said before me, to completly show causation we need to remove any possible lurking variables. So we are going to need many different pokemon of diff wieghts/levels/etc. On the critcal hit discussion.

If only we had a research thread to assign people jobs. ;(

yaminokame

やみのかめ
So it was just my bad luck. But when I had the 9000-ish steps all I got were "!" and an occasional "!-!", and I reach 10000 and I get a "!-!-!!-!!! on like my 3rd try."

Did you capture yours in a !-!-!! or a !-!-!!-!!!? Becuase it could be possible taht the !-!-!! start appearing 8k+ and !-!-!!-!!! appear 10k+.

And like said before me, to completly show causation we need to remove any possible lurking variables. So we are going to need many different pokemon of diff wieghts/levels/etc. On the critcal hit discussion.

Okay, it's Groudon time ^^ I'll let you guys know how often the crit hits ^^

I finally finished putting in all of the item and Pokemon "required step" rates for pre & post national dex, though now I realize that they are general values :/ My next job is to figure out the exact values ;_____;

Yay!

SupremeJudicator

Still gotta catch 'em all!

I got it on a !-!-!!-!!! patch in the 8,000 go, and the same for 10,000 one that got away...

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Oh wow, I didn't know this... it turns out that you hit critical strikes when the opponent is trying to run away. So if you dodge and the opponent tries to run away, then it will run away. If you attack and the opponent tries to run away then it will hit a critical strike.

Godric

Petrew Petrew
Oh wow, I didn't know this... it turns out that you hit critical strikes when the opponent is trying to run away. So if you dodge and the opponent tries to run away, then it will run away. If you attack and the opponent tries to run away then it will hit a critical strike.

oh wow, so it doesn't depend on how large a pokemon is as someone speculated? very interesting. thanks for the heads up Yaminokame.

ijea4444

How did you find this out?

ijea4444

Its possible that hieght could be the factor and not wieght.

And "trying to run away". Does that mean that Arena Trap/Shadow Tag pokemon can't have Crits? Or could these two abilties not have an affect on the walker?

R_N

For what it's worth, if the listings under Self Destruct really are moves, they aren't in Munchlax's level up move list.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Yaminokame, I may be wrong/super late here, but I think the official site showed the full movesets of Champ Road Beldum & Munchlax?: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/hgss/news/16_popup01.html
I doubt the moves in question are anything new/special, of course, but hey! Beldum seems to have a full set.

oh cool, i didn't see that :p

Munchlax
  • Selfdestruct
  • Return
  • Crunch
  • Fire Punch

Beldum
  • Zen Headbutt
  • Meteor Mash
  • Hammer Arm
  • Earthquake

EDIT: ah >_< those are "recommended movesets"

Its possible that hieght could be the factor and not wieght.

And "trying to run away". Does that mean that Arena Trap/Shadow Tag pokemon can't have Crits? Or could these two abilties not have an affect on the walker?

I'll have to try that out. It could be possible just like they have it so that Diglett and Dugtrio can't speed up at Dash Hurdles in the Pokethlon :p

Last edited:

R_N

Let's see...Munchlax gets a TM move, a move tutor, and an evo exlcusive, while Beldum's moves are all found only with its evos (plus a TM for earthquake).

Makes me wonder what could be found on the movesets of the other four pokemon.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Let's see...Munchlax gets a TM move, a move tutor, and an evo exlcusive, while Beldum's moves are all found only with its evos (plus a TM for earthquake).

Makes me wonder what could be found on the movesets of the other four pokemon.

Sorry, I didn't read the caption the first time XP Those are "recommended movesets" :(

R_N

Aw, that sucks.

But I guess it makes sense. Why advertise only one move when you could show off a whole set of them.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Those r the pics for the Champ Path in Pokewalker?

Champ path is the second one. Here is the list:

PokeWalkerfieldcopy.png

Refreshing Field
Hoenn Field
Sinnoh Field

PokeWalkerforest.png

Noisy Forest
Tree House
Big Forest
Yellow Forest

PokeWalkerpathcopy.png

Rugged Path
Volcano Route
Cold Mountainpath
Edge of the Night Sky
Champ Path

PokeWalkerwater.png

Pretty Seaside
Warm Beach
Rough Sea
Beyond the Sea

de_darkrai

Oh i see....Thanks for the info ^^

Kyokko

I received Champ Road today in Kyoto. These are the pokemon I've caught so far.

A - Beldum, Lv. 5, holds Shuca Berry
Take Down
Zen Headbutt
Iron Head
Iron Defense

B - Duskull, Lv. 5, Male, holds Reaper Cloth
Leer
Nightshade
Imprison
-

B - Horsea, Lv. 5, Male, holds Dragon Scale
Bubble
Smokescreen
Muddy Water
-

C - Bronzor, Lv. 5, holds Occa Berry
Tackle
Confusion
Trick Room
-

C - Magikarp, Lv. 5, Male, holds Wacan Berry
Splash
Bounce
-
-

Munchlax... is proving to be difficult.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
I received Champ Road today in Kyoto. These are the pokemon I've caught so far.

A - Beldum, Lv. 5, holds Shuca Berry
Take Down
Zen Headbutt
Iron Head
Iron Defense

B - Duskull, Lv. 5, Male, holds Reaper Cloth
Leer
Nightshade
Imprison
-

B - Horsea, Lv. 5, Male, holds Dragon Scale
Bubble
Smokescreen
Muddy Water
-

C - Bronzor, Lv. 5, holds Occa Berry
Tackle
Confusion
Trick Room
-

C - Magikarp, Lv. 5, Male, holds Wacan Berry
Splash
Bounce
-
-

Munchlax... is proving to be difficult.

*sigh* Munchlax is probably going to end up being another Spiritomb-like Pokemon for me :/ ... lovely... :(