• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*PokéWalker*~ Are you going to use it? If so, what for?

Are you going to use the PokéWalker?

• Yes, probably all the time!

Votes: 559 48.4%
  • Yeah, but probably just sometimes cause I may be busy.

Votes: 370 32.1%
  • Um...maybe...I haven't decided yet.

Votes: 181 15.7%
  • No, not going to use it at all

Votes: 44 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I probaby will because I must walk most everything I do....

Clank

Insert Title Here
I Will use it when i have finished eving a pokemon, saves time training them

I forgot to ask, is it compaitable with D/P/Pt, or is this feature just a HG/SS exclusive?

Sarracenia

Pokémagpie Zog
Just bring it to school anyway- you should be doing a fair amount of walking and even if it's not allowed, meh, nobody's going to stripsearch you to steal your pokéwalker. I might do that but it's sort of a waste of time, seeing as levelling stuff up really isn't important. Maybe if you can do something else with it.

Icup

I'll use it pretty often, I will most likely just shove it in my pocket and let the eggs hatch.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
Lol, i used to own the original Pikachu pedometer when it came out in 1999 XD, I'm so looking forward to wearing this whenever i can, i walk everywhere..work,shops,random ect, i think i'll have a major use for it, it's a damn good idea if you ask me.

Officer Jenny

Poliwag ftw
i'm thinking this could be rather awesome, as levelling up can take far too long in game it'd be nice to have some other way round it, and it's going to feel good sneaking poliwag into lectures....

viperGTS

<---Chaining For!
I would only use it if it gave out EVs, which i dont see happening with the pokewalker.
Although battling pokemon with it looks pretty fun :D

Emerald 2006

I don't mean to throw a question into this, but are we totally sure that we'll even get this?
It wouldn't suprise me if this is a Japan Exclusive.
But just if we do get it, I'll use it. I train a lot of Pokemon,
and if we do get it, it will be a valuble asset for training extra Pokemon.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
I don't mean to throw a question into this, but are we totally sure that we'll even get this?

At this point, there is a chance that some Pokemon can only be gotten from the PokeWalker (not confirmed, but definately a possibility) From the very beginning I've always believed that all countries will get it. I still stand 100% confident that they will, there is no reason not to give it to other countries :p

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker

Maybe if the Pokewalker was something that had to be bought separately, or was developed by a third party. But it's coming packaged with the game, so I'm pretty sure we'll get it too.

Red Globe

Si Vis Amor, ama
If Europe doesn't get it I'll never buy Nintendo's games again. ._.

Gabriel Rocha Nascimento

Garoto de Macaé
We never know what Nintendo will do...
We got the wireless adapters for FRLG, but we didn't get that Crystal mobile system...

By the way, some people were talking about "What if it breaks?" and they came out with ideas of transferring Pokémon to the nearest DS...
Well, I think if it breaks, it's broken... What if your cartridge breaks? Will it, like a last life breath, notice it is breaking and transfer its data to any device nearby? C'mon...
You take care and don't break it...

Red Globe

Si Vis Amor, ama
We never know what Nintendo will do...
We got the wireless adapters for FRLG, but we didn't get that Crystal mobile system...

By the way, some people were talking about "What if it breaks?" and they came out with ideas of transferring Pokémon to the nearest DS...
Well, I think if it breaks, it's broken... What if your cartridge breaks? Will it, like a last life breath, notice it is breaking and transfer its data to any device nearby? C'mon...
You take care and don't break it...

Why hasn't anyone realised that if you break the PokeWalker you won't lose your Pokemon?! They wouldn't make it like that.

It'll work through Imprinting; When you Transfer your Pokemon to the PokeWalker it'll still be on your HeartGold/SoulSilver game but it'll be put in a un-viewable storage box in the PW Menu and be disabled on the main game until the imprint returns.

Whilst walking around your Pokemon's basic Information [Levels/Experience which'll actually mean nothing on the actual PW, only on the Game it will be important, on th PW it'll just be numbers] will be updated. When you want your Pokemon to 'return' [be un-disabled is a better term], your DS will search for the PW not vice versa, via the in-game PW Menu, as the PW isn't capable of that and your DS will register the codes sent by the infra-red system to the Pokemon, updating it - Think of it like the Action Replay, as it is basically doing the same thing.
If the PW's Screen isn't showing any image/ the PW is cracked/ the PW's Screen is Cracked, you'll still be able to get your Pokemon back- As the only part of real importance on the PW is the infra-red system and that would only break if you purposely break it yourself.

Edit- Oh, and the PokeWalker uses Watch Batteries, which last for years and can be easily replaced; Gamestation and possibly Watch Retailers would replace the batteries for you. At a Price, but it shouldn't be too expensive.

Kind sir, listen to what the other kind sir said, it's a source of wisdom.

As said before, I find it useful, but exactly how will it catch Pokemon, or raise EV's? In what manner? Like a Rare Candy maybe?