• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*PokéWalker*~ Are you going to use it? If so, what for?

Are you going to use the PokéWalker?

• Yes, probably all the time!

Votes: 559 48.4%
  • Yeah, but probably just sometimes cause I may be busy.

Votes: 370 32.1%
  • Um...maybe...I haven't decided yet.

Votes: 181 15.7%
  • No, not going to use it at all

Votes: 44 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wilton09

Veteran Trainer
Yes, yes you do. Only people with a legal copy of HG and SS will be able to partake in this due to it containing the pokéwalker. The pikachu are found during a course the game unlocks when you use mystery gift on wifi.

I must have horrible luck then. I have caught 18 pikachu, and every single one of these suckers are male. *pokes them* Nothing rare yet either.

Damn :mad: ah well just gona have to look for a trade or settle for a regular pikachu. Thanks

AyameHikaru

Alt-Reality User
Okay, so wait a minute, can someone clarify the Yellow Forest event for me? I've heard of surfing pikachus, flying pikas, volt tackle pikas, and on the discussion thread they're talking about FLAIL pikas? Can someone confirm this? Also, do we know a percentage on the special moves? is it like a 1% chance? Has anyone gotten a double move pika? (ex. surf and fly)

EDIT: So there's no confirmed move listings? Bummer.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Okay, so wait a minute, can someone clarify the Yellow Forest event for me? I've heard of surfing pikachus, flying pikas, volt tackle pikas, and on the discussion thread they're talking about FLAIL pikas? Can someone confirm this? Also, do we know a percentage on the special moves? is it like a 1% chance? Has anyone gotten a double move pika? (ex. surf and fly)

Basically this Yellow Forest allows you to catch Pikachus with special moves. Other than that we don't know anything.

Today Serebii News announced the locations and pokemon / items available in each. This made me 10x more interested in the Poke-Walker. I'll actually use it a lot, its gunna be tight!

NATHAN J GUSTO

Fighting Gym Leader
no. why? im 13 and i would be called gay by my frends. this thing is for 7 year old kids not teenagers

DryBones

Event Collector
no. why? im 13 and i would be called gay by my frends. this thing is for 7 year old kids not teenagers

Lmao how self obsessed can you be?

I'm 18 and I wear this magical piece of clothing called a belt

You know the strap of material that holds your jeans up and is covered by a shirt and whatever else you are wearing?

Just clip it to that

And if your friends are calling you "gay" for liking Pokemon....

Get new friends.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
I'm inclined to agree. I'll be twenty-seven by the time the games come out in the US, and you can bet that I'll be seen in public with the Pokewalker. No big deal.

NATHAN J GUSTO

Fighting Gym Leader
after you cross that high school threshold i agree i wouldnt matter but we are in a day and age where teenagers are very hard on eachother so yeah im not going to. maybe around the house but no

pikachu_king

Paladin Of Pikachus
your overlooking one tiny thing: it's not a problem for us, just you. Why? I'm in highschool and I don't give a flying rats rear end what anybody thinks of me. I wear mine all the time, and if ANYONE throws anything at me about it, I'll simply throw a better reason they're stupid at them. I'm not one to sit around and let someones stupidity ruin MY fun, and neither should you or anyone else. If someone is still hating pokemon and is in highschool, they're the ones who need to grow up.

Lmao how self obsessed can you be?

I'm 18 and I wear this magical piece of clothing called a belt

You know the strap of material that holds your jeans up and is covered by a shirt and whatever else you are wearing?

Just clip it to that

And if your friends are calling you "gay" for liking Pokemon....

Get new friends.
Or you could, you know, put it in your pocket where no one will see it...

bison

Hmm not sure whether I am going to use this as I am nearly 20 and go to University. It would probably look weird lol.

I hardly think carrying the pokewalker around is any weirder than what some students get up to! I wouldn't worry about it. Besides when I was at uni (even though it was a game-related course) almost everyone was into Pokemon.
You'd be surprised!

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
I'm at Tafe/uni and I'm wearing mine all the time already. No one really cares you know.=/

To put it simply you can put string in it and wear it around you neck under yor shirt and it works just fine. I do this all the time ever since I got my copy.

Everyone just assumes I'm wearing a USB stick. In my course you have to have USB sticks and external harddrives because our work too big for floppy disks. Some USB stick can be worn around you neck in the exact same way.

So no one cares since they know I always wear USB sticks around my neck.
So the pokewalker being carried there under my shirt no one questions.

That said I do actually pull it out to mess around with it and no one cares. I'm 22 aswell. It's a pedometer and really it came with the game. So I might aswell use it.

If my Tafe/uni class mates can bring in a DS and have sonic the hedgehog games on their fancy mobile phones then why can't I carrya pedometer that just happens to double up as a tamagotchi type thing. At least I can see how many steps I'm taking a day.

NES

Flip me to the side!
Of course i'm going to use it, i love to walk so it's going to be with me most of the time! I'm taking a Dratini with me, or a Gengar, can't decide yet.

miGz

i <3 hayley williams
I gett itt !!! They're encouraging exercise !
I guess I could bring it, if it could fit in skinny jeans.

DracoLord

Champion
Training Pokemon while I cannot play.
Anybody up for Pokemon Tamagotchi? Haha i cant tell the diff.

miGz

i <3 hayley williams
Training Pokemon while I cannot play.
Anybody up for Pokemon Tamagotchi? Haha i cant tell the diff.

Lol, it reminded me of those Digivices I used to love.

Imagine

ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇ ᴜᴛᴏᴘɪᴀ
Of course! It's a great way to boost your Pokemon's happiness & just by walking around. :)

miGz

i <3 hayley williams

dulden

Dragon Master
ill probably use it to train the other region starters, or hatched pokemon.