• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*PokéWalker*~ Are you going to use it? If so, what for?

Are you going to use the PokéWalker?

• Yes, probably all the time!

Votes: 559 48.4%
  • Yeah, but probably just sometimes cause I may be busy.

Votes: 370 32.1%
  • Um...maybe...I haven't decided yet.

Votes: 181 15.7%
  • No, not going to use it at all

Votes: 44 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
"!?" means I was asking a question, and it happened to end with "!" - In English the closing quotation comes last after punctuation.

Oh and thank you for the Psyduck/Staryu info.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Okay, here's my finalized list:

7000+ Light Ball
6000-6999 Thunderstone
5000-5999 Miracle Seed
4000-4999 Big Root
1000-3999 Aspear Berry
900-999 Rawst Berry
800-899 Pecha Berry
700-799 Chesto Berry
600-699 Cheri Berry
0-599 Big Mushroom

Using this we should now be able to figure out what the advantage types are for Yellow Forest ^^

"!?" means I was asking a question, and it happened to end with "!" - In English the closing quotation comes last after punctuation.

That still doesn't tell me if it was the first "!" or the second "!" lol >_<

Last edited:

R_N

You probably shouldn't use - as a separator when trying to separate things that can involve the - character

R_N

Can you explain? Because I'm only seperating ! ! !! !!!'s and neither of those four contain hypens.

You specified !-! before the list, and then the list contained nothing but ! separated by -.

(Am I to assume !-! is just a normal ! but with false hope attached?)

ijea4444

!
!-!
!-!-!!
!-!-!!-!!!

Those are basically the levels in which the walker works. So basically there is a ! patch then there is another ! patch which leads to the !!, etc. When I use ! I refer to the first ! I encounterd. when I refer to !-! I refer the the "2nd!" or the precursor the !! so to speak.
Lol Point: ! is different from !-! even though they have the same level of rarity of pokemon, they are two different stages. So they have to be stated as so, so not to confuse the reader as to which of the two !'s it was.
I don't know how to explain it without a visual aid, but if you had the pokewalker you could easily understand it.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Hmm... I need to test again, but this is what I got for Refreshing Field:

????+ Revive
1???+ Full Heal (found one at 2k, but the guide says it should be < 1501)
1000+ Burn Heal
900+ Ice Heal
800+ Chesto Berry
700+ Awakening
600+ Cheri Berry
500+ Paralyz Heal
300+ Oran Berry
0+ Potion

Last edited:

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
I actually wasn't planning on using it but now that I've found out there's going to be special events going on with it I think I will.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
After 47 days of using the PokeWalker, I have finally unlocked all of the pre and post national dex courses ^_____________^

Might I add that I hate Spiritomb with a passion now... it cost me 500w to finally catch it. This was my luck (I only found it 5 times within those 500w, so I was finding it once about every 10 tries)
First encounter: Got it down to 1 bar of life and threw Poke Ball... it didn't catch it :/
Second encounter: First hit got it down to 3 bars, then another hit got it down to 2 bars and then a critical strike killed it........
Third encounter: First hit was a critical strike bringing it down to 2 life, second hit was a critical strike killing it yet again.......
Fourth encounter: First hit was a normal hit bringing it down to 3 life, second hit was a normal hit bringing it down to 2 life, third hit was a critical strike killing it........
Fifth encounter:First hit was a normal hit bringing it down to 3 life, second hit was a critical strike bringing it down to 1 life.... and i caught it ^^'

I had a terrible time trying to get a Spiritomb :/

ijea4444

Ok the other day I had 10006 steps and I got a Fly Pikachu on my first try. Then today at around 9400-ish I got nothing after like 20 tries. I raise the steps to about 10400-ish and I get a surf pikachu after like 5 tries.

This is leading me to believe its not 0-3k-8k like yaminokame said. Either that or I just have bad luck there lol. And technically speaking 10000 still is 8k+. I don't know, I just wanted to point that out.

R_N

ah, critical hits

Never shows when you want it to, always all up in your business when you don't

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Ok the other day I had 10006 steps and I got a Fly Pikachu on my first try. Then today at around 9400-ish I got nothing after like 20 tries. I raise the steps to about 10400-ish and I get a surf pikachu after like 5 tries.

This is leading me to believe its not 0-3k-8k like yaminokame said. Either that or I just have bad luck there lol. And technically speaking 10000 still is 8k+. I don't know, I just wanted to point that out.

You may be right, the item rates were different between the two courses as well. I'm sure that 3k is B's starting point, but I don't have the patience to figure it out for A lol ^^ So you think that it's 10k instead? It seems a little odd though that Yellow Forest items are easier to find than Champ Road's, but Champ Road's Pokemon are easier to find than Yellow Forest's :p Though I'm not sure exactly how hard it is to get group A Pokemon in Champ Road yet :/

ah, critical hits

Never shows when you want it to, always all up in your business when you don't

So true :(

I've begun to hate it ;____;

ijea4444

I've noticed with big pokemon I get a lot of crits and with Pichu which is relatively small, I get a lot less crits. Maybe you should try smaller pokemon.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
I've noticed with big pokemon I get a lot of crits and with Pichu which is relatively small, I get a lot less crits. Maybe you should try smaller pokemon.

You might have something there :eek: Arceus gives me 1/3 chance of getting a critical strike, but smaller Pokemon don't... hmm... something new to test out lol...

ijea4444

Of about 50 battles pichu has given me 3 Crits so thats saying something.

Also when I want a crit, like at 3 bars health where a crit would leave my opponent at 1 bar, I double click the attack button. I don't think it works, I think its like how "press A when the pokeball captures a pokemon and it has 100% capture rate" kinda thing, but I like doing it lol. Its like a placebo effect lol.

R_N

Arceus is also a legendary pokemon, yours in particular being a level 100 event one at that.
Perhaps any of those could be effecting crit rate?

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Maybe it's weight? I was getting a lot of crits with a Geodude, and not so much now with either a Sandshrew or Pikachu.

SupremeJudicator

Still gotta catch 'em all!

I got my surf pikachu with just slightly over 8,000 steps. since then I've only gotten a !!! patch one more time and that was over 10,000 (although it ran...)