• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*PokéWalker*~ Are you going to use it? If so, what for?

Are you going to use the PokéWalker?

• Yes, probably all the time!

Votes: 559 48.4%
  • Yeah, but probably just sometimes cause I may be busy.

Votes: 370 32.1%
  • Um...maybe...I haven't decided yet.

Votes: 181 15.7%
  • No, not going to use it at all

Votes: 44 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChedWick

I used my the other night just to test it out. A source on another site said it was dumb and he could just shake it really fast and gain levels. While this is true, its only true for low levels. I've found that you can shake it rapidly but it only gives you about 10 steps or so and it wont do it again for about 30 seconds or so (not really sure on the time; I lose track of it real fast at night). So that kind of makes me happy. I would have been annoyed if you could just shake the thing and get levels every minute even at high levels.

I also noticed that (at least with me) I have to have my Pokewalker practically touching my game cartridge to get it to connect and transfer anything from and to it. If I hold it more than an inch and a half away I get to inferred signal.

I should get some free time this weekend to use it more. I'm kinda anxious to see how all the features work.

navy1453

just a question is it possible to catch shiney pokemon from the pokewalker?

The Thunderbird

Dreams come true
I use the Pokewalker alot. Since I first used it Tuesday night, I have walked over 45,000 steps and unlocked all the courses up to Dim Cave. My Nidorino and Magnemite also came from the Pokewalker.

Havocide

Collector
Got my gme on thursday and took the walker to work today with a hoot hoot on it. Of course it leveled.

The steps it records are not accurate in regards to how many you work, its like its multiplied somewhat. Managed 7000 steps at work in 6 hour shift..not to sure about that :p but either way it doesn't bother me. :p

Havocide

Collector
OH and to top it off, its alot smaller than I thought it would be! So its perfect for wearing on my belt at work so others will not see it.

djbrayster

Coral Eye Trainer
I dunno if I will.. I still use my Pocket Pikachu color from the original G/S!! it is the only pedometer I have liked using so kept it. and noone in the shop has commented on the mini game boy on my belt! hah.

If the walker is silent, and turns off the screen and isn't much bigger than my current I will use it.

R_N

does anyone know what the rumored effect/gift you are supposed to get if you throw the lv 5 jirachi from Gamestop?

Grimmy
wants to know.

The Jirachi unlocks a course you can't get otherwise: Night Sky's Edge.

It has Onix, Geodude, Clefairy, Jigglypuff and I think Hoot Hoot & Zubat.
Also has Moon Stones, the Psychic TM, Rare Bone, Stardust, Star Piece, and the 4 colored shards.

AlexG123

Pokefan
maybe around the house, nowhere else.

The Thunderbird

Dreams come true
I dunno if I will.. I still use my Pocket Pikachu color from the original G/S!! it is the only pedometer I have liked using so kept it. and noone in the shop has commented on the mini game boy on my belt! hah.

If the walker is silent, and turns off the screen and isn't much bigger than my current I will use it.

The walker can be muted, the screen turns off automatically after a while, and the walker is less than two inches wide. Hope that helps!

Wolgon

Crazy Crocodile Lady
So far the only time I haven't been either walking in circles with it or swinging my arm back and forth (Yeah, I know that's cheating, but it's still psychical movement. At least I'm not doing what my stepdad recommended and taping it to a clock pendulum. :p) is when I've been playing HG/typing on the computer. And yet I've only got about 1500 watts. :p

Currently I have my purple Kyogre as my Pokewalker pet. I think I might start alternating between her and my Houndoom though, just because the demonic doggie needs to get out of my PC box every once in awhile for some fresh air.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
My goodness, the PokeWalker is a life saver! I didn't even realize it's training potential until the US HG/SS games! I've used it to level up my weaker Pokemon like Wooper and Hoot-Hoot and I've caught so many exclusive Pokemon on it already! I love it, it makes training fun. I'm using it everyday when I go to school.

Cold_CG

Young Gentleman
This device is great! This summer I'll be working full time outside in the fresh air and sun as a tour guide and walk around a LOT, so I'll probably get quite a few watts. :) I also use it as my pocket watch, since I don't have a proper watch and used to look at the time either on my DS or pocket dictionary! XD

Turns out I've been using it mainly to get kanga, magby and elekid. Beyond that I'll use it less and stock up on watts until I can get to the point where I can get houndour and feebas.

twichyy

has any one tried the old pokemon pikachu 2 with these new games...? i doubt they would have bothered programing the new games to recognize the old pokemon pikachu 2. but part of me thinks it'd be so cool if they did. if you don't know what i'm talking about... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokémon_Pikachu . i loved that thing. but the batteries are dead on mine and i don't even know if its worth buying those insanely priced button batteries. so i can't even test it for myself.

Madmin The Madman

Pokemon Rancher
I've only had it for a day, and clocked around 11000 steps walking my dogs (and my zubat) in under a few hours. I think the pokewalker is pretty fun, but I would have liked to see more pokemon that CAN'T be encountered normally in-game.

pokemaster394

JESUS FREAK
Finally found my pokewalker, hidden under dad's socks by his computer. I'm using it at school today, planning to unlock the quiet cave.

planning on using mine in college when i get it, few questions.

1. can it be muted i dont want it beeping away halfway through class
2. say when i use it straight away and get a magby. its level 15 and trade it back to my game where my only other pokemon is level 5, does this kinda make the game a whole lot easier?

i dont know if id use it to get pokemon might just stick a dratini in it or something n spam it to level 30 maybe