• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*PokéWalker*~ Are you going to use it? If so, what for?

Are you going to use the PokéWalker?

• Yes, probably all the time!

Votes: 559 48.4%
  • Yeah, but probably just sometimes cause I may be busy.

Votes: 370 32.1%
  • Um...maybe...I haven't decided yet.

Votes: 181 15.7%
  • No, not going to use it at all

Votes: 44 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dragin990

Warrior's Will
I use it whenever I can. I wish they'd add one for black and white. =(

Drdj11

Eins,Zwei,Drei
Eh,I'll use it when I am out of school and not at home.

I keep it with me most of the time, though it doesn't get that much use at home, but when I go to anime cons and such, I get quite a lot of use out of it and its also fun to get free stuff when you run into others with em ;D

Pinkle

I use it when I go to do the food shopping, or when I have to run errands in town. I've unlocked the first set of area's before you need to update your Pokedex so far. (I've only had the game a month or so.)

PkmnTrainerJ

I asked this on the Help Thread, but I'll ask here too:

So, I lost my Pokéwalker some months ago and have bought a new one, but want to ask some questions.

I had the Yellow Forest course on my old Pokéwalker, when I connect my new Pokéwalker to the game, will it realise the data is on my HG to send to the new Pokéwalker? In other words, will I have Yellow Forest on my new Pokéwalker?

I'd connected with various people, so they will show up in the Trainer House. I haven't reached it yet, so will they be gone as I'll use a new Pokéwalker, or will that data still be in my game?

TheGreatDragonite

Dragon Trainer
I still use it, even though my main game is now Black. On the advanced stages, you can unlock really good items and Pokemon, such as Spiritomb.

Dragon35

hello all. i have bought pokemon heartgold and came with pokewalker =( but i saw that on it have dowsing machine and pokeradar. i dont know if this is the right section to post cuz involve shiny pokemon but......if we use pokeradar like on pokemon platinum, it will came a shiny on pokeradar? did someone tried already?

It is a totally different system so no, you can't get a shiny as easily as you can on Platinum with the pokerader

I asked this on the Help Thread, but I'll ask here too:

So, I lost my Pokéwalker some months ago and have bought a new one, but want to ask some questions.

I had the Yellow Forest course on my old Pokéwalker, when I connect my new Pokéwalker to the game, will it realise the data is on my HG to send to the new Pokéwalker? In other words, will I have Yellow Forest on my new Pokéwalker?

I'd connected with various people, so they will show up in the Trainer House. I haven't reached it yet, so will they be gone as I'll use a new Pokéwalker, or will that data still be in my game?

I think you will be good, you'll only have lost any data stored on the pokewalker since you last connected it up. The data is saved on the gamecard so you should still be able to use Yellow Forrest

Last edited:

Dragon35

I used it quite a few times, but after the jirachi event thingy l didnt see any purpose in it anymore

What about all the pokemon you can't get on HG otherwise? Also makes Spiritomb a lot easier to find (if you are prepared to walk enough). Also surfing, flying and volt tackling Pikachus if you got that event too

Twentington

Outta here!
I still use mine every single day, although I haven't paid much attention to it lately ( I kept my Sneasel in there for a week!).

kieshara

charmander trainer
i hate it!!! i used all my WATTS up to hunt for items and got only one stupid escape rope... so i dont use it anymore... dont have time for that pokewalker

Lesquid

I put mine in my poket all the time, I change out the pokemon constantly, but not to soemthing I'll miss if I lose. I mostly use it to keep track of how much I'm walking throughout the day for exercise.

Anyway- I made a post but my topics don't seem to be showing up. I'm trying to unlock warm beach for the firestone. Bulbapedia says it takes 7.5 watts. I have 8.5 but it still isn't unlocked. Does anyone else have this issue?

PkmnTrainerJ

I put mine in my poket all the time, I change out the pokemon constantly, but not to soemthing I'll miss if I lose. I mostly use it to keep track of how much I'm walking throughout the day for exercise.

Anyway- I made a post but my topics don't seem to be showing up. I'm trying to unlock warm beach for the firestone. Bulbapedia says it takes 7.5 watts. I have 8.5 but it still isn't unlocked. Does anyone else have this issue?

Bubapedia said:
Warm Beach (Japanese: あったかビーチ Warm Beach) is a course for the Pokéwalker that is unlocked by saving up 7,500 watts after receiving the National Pokédex.

That's likely your problem.

Dragon35

To be completely honest, as much as I like the idea, I've been to lazy to even attempt to turn it on. That, and I don't really need it, since I don't EV train, and I never had to worry about being underleveled in the game.

EV train? What has that got to do with the Pokewalker?

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
the pokewalker was the shiznit. i had 2 and kept them with me all the time. whenever someone asked for the time, i would take out my pokewalker instead of my phone. i stopped cuz i dont play my hg anymore. (sigh) good times.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hmm. Man, i have no idea when I got the national dex. :(
It sounds like you've not got it yet. If you've not Beaten the Elite 4 or been on the Ferry to Kanto yet: you won't have it. You get the National Dex just before you take the Ferry to Kanto.