• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*PokéWalker*~ Are you going to use it? If so, what for?

Are you going to use the PokéWalker?

• Yes, probably all the time!

Votes: 559 48.4%
  • Yeah, but probably just sometimes cause I may be busy.

Votes: 370 32.1%
  • Um...maybe...I haven't decided yet.

Votes: 181 15.7%
  • No, not going to use it at all

Votes: 44 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trainer_Melissa

The "Cute" Trainer
Word has reached that there will be a new device that will be a part of packages for the soon-to-be Japanese released remakes of Gold and Silver. (called HeartGold and SoulSilver) This device is called the PokéWalker, and it looks like this:

pokewalker.png

The PokeWalker device interfaces with your DS via infrared. You can transfer over a single Pokemon, who then becomes visible on the device's screen.
As you walk around with the PokéWalker in hand, the internal Pokemon will gain experience. Its affection for you will also grow. The device converts your foot steps into "watts," which can be used to catch wild Pokemon and search for tools for sending back to the main Heart Gold/Soul Silver software.

quoted from a site (sorry, can't advertise, if you that curious, ask or look it up.)

What is expected is this form of pedometer will also be available in the North American (and other) packages when released.

So, here is my question to all of you of the Serebii.net forum:

Are you going to use it? If so, what for? Which Pokémon do you think you'll want to use? Where will you take it? School? Outdoors? Work perhaps?

Say what you think you are going to do!

Thank you Serebii for adding the "No option" a lot people have been annoyingly asking for. Now I stand at a new issue: no one say "Well you should of added it at the beginning." You asked for it, you got it, no more groaning. One more complaint and I will get someone to delete it.

Last edited:

LeoP2008

Trainer/Coordinator
Personally, I plan on using mine only with pokemon I plan on capturing but not using in my main team (shown in my sig)...

...for example, the Snorlax family are my favorite normal~types. In fact, they are the ONLY normal types I'll ever use (I've got this thing for "special" pokemon). I wouldn't mind headbutting a few trees, capturing a Munchlax and putting him in my PokéWalker. He won't get the same treatment as my main team (no real battles, special training, ect.) but he will get the chance to walk around with me while I'm not playing HG//SS. Heck, he might be better for it since the PokéWalker helps increase happiness. My newly evolved Snorlax could help me catch some of those PokéWalker pokemon that may appear....

Other canidates for my PokéWalker include....

1.) Pichu (Notched~ear, if possible)
2.) Lapras
3.) Scyther
4.) Shiny Magikarp (or the Red Gyarados)
5.) Larvitar

ijea4444

I'm going to use it in the mall, in the zoo, school, when I walk/run in the morning, almost all the time.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Oh, it'll be with me constantly. I like to walk and jog to work out, and I enjoy going out to shop or just walk around, so this thing is perfect for me.

Electric

OF COURSE I will use it. I run cross country and track; and running is my favorite pasttime. This will be so easy (well hiding it in public might not) but it would be the best way for me to train and exercise in real life. This would allow my Pokemon to gain levels at a time. If I had a level 90 Pokemon, buy the time I would be done running, it would be maybe level 92 or 93? I do run a lot, so it will make a difference to my Pokemon. For those curious, my 5K time is 21:59 :( I hope to improve it this year. My goal is to break 20:00

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Nah, I'd rather level up my Pokemon the old fashion way.

Armored Zangoose

I'd use it to level up one of my reserve pokemon while I play through the maingame at the same time. Excersize, play, and level up at the same time- Efficiency for the win!

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
This is going to be so good for my exercise regime. My usual time is half an hour a day-- wonder how much XP that'll translate to...

Dark FireBird

Ah ha!! ♪
i'll use it at least until the novelty wears off. i have no idea which pokemon i'll put in it yet- possibly a 2nd, non main team scyther that will eventually be used for false swiping shinies if they incorporate chaining into these games- i'll just use the pokewalker to get it to a high enough level to be really helpful to me for that purpose.
probably could wear it when i go out random long walks with friends and stuff.

Grei

not the color
I'll most definitely use it every chance I get.

I just wonder how it'll work if you have a Pokemon transferred to the Pokewalker, and you LOSE the Pokewalker, or the battery dies, or it breaks. Do you lose your Pokemon?

Spncrbrrtt

O BLOCK
DO WANT.

Kingdra? Houndoom? Ampharos? Polywrath? I need more time to decide this.

Trainer_Melissa

The "Cute" Trainer
I know this is my own thread, but I wanna say something.

I'm probably going to use it most of the time. Mostly my favourite pokemon. I may use it when I'm in the waiting room too, it might not make as much noise, (I expect a turn sound off button), plus if it's like any other pedometer, all you need to do is shake it.

Plus when I walk to school or home, I'll have it.

Furret, is definately going to be on my PokeWalker. :D

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I'm not gonna use it

at all.

I'm gonna laugh at the kid that puts his Lugia on it... then loses it....

=D

Electric

Maybe if the Pokewalker breaks, it should send out some random signal to put the Pokemon that was lost onto the nearest DS with HG or SS that is on, so that way the Pokemon won't be gone.

Armored Zangoose

Maybe if the Pokewalker breaks, it should send out some random signal to put the Pokemon that was lost onto the nearest DS with HG or SS that is on, so that way the Pokemon won't be gone.

Two kids are playing HGSS. One kid drops his Pokewalker. It breaks. He crys and runs away. Broken Pokewalker falls to the ground next to kid#2. Broken pokewalker sends out signal.

Kid#2-Look Mommy! A Lugia magically appeared in my box!

No offense.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me

Then if for some freakish reason, if a person playing HG/SS was walking right by the broken thing, he/she would pick up the pokemon?

it wouldn't work that way.

Electric

Well my point would be that somebody who would be nice and get the Pokemon would give it back.

How about this: before it sends the signal, it will check for the owner using their ID, name, secret ID, and if no, then too bad.

I'll probably use it when I can't play the game.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I'd probably give it a shot, but I will have to be careful with it. I'll probably take it on walks with me, and maybe if I start going to the gym by the time these games come out. And hey, if I end up getting both versions, well, that's two more reserves in my pocket - literally.

Nidoprince

I'm going to take that darn thing and keep it on my pants wherever I go! I'm going to use any sort of my Johto favs. Probably Hitmontop. If it means that I won't have Hitmontop in game anymore, screw it, I'm taking in Togetic.