• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokéwalker Research & Discussion Thread

I'm on hoenn field with 137440 total steps and 6682 sumthing total watts
as of now
is there a way to get yellow forest now that the event ended because i had no accses to free wifi hotspot. and i found out about it too late.

rocky505

Sorry but there is no way to get Yellow Forest unless they redo the event. I am getting lucky in the Winner's Path i just now caught 2 Beldums and a magikarp :D I only have to get Horsea to complete the place.

:( aww draght guess ill have 26/27 pk walker routes
damn it, i really did wanted the flying pikachu.

You can still trade for a flying pikachu. Just make sure you trust the person and that it's legit.

Ex: some people might be willing to trade you theirs for let's say a self-destructing munchlax (which is apparently hot right now).

Also, I happen to be at 160,000 steps with 3,000 watts... because I spent a ton of watts hunting for the aformentioned flying + surfing pikachus.

Last edited:

jabs4

The only thing I didn't get on the Winner's Path course yesterday were the Power items & the herbs. Otherwise, it was a very productive day with the old PokeWalker.

Picked up this beaut today.

446.png

Munchlax
Brave
Thick Fat
29/30/30/x/30/1
Self Destruct (heeeeeek yeeeeeeaaaa)

All credit goes to Wichu (smogon) who broke the pokewalker IV/PID RNG and Showsni (smogon) who found this particular seed first. I just copied off of them. :p

If you want it too, it's surprisingly easy.

This assumes you've already got enough steps on your walker to even see munchlax (put some tape on a blade of a fan to make it jitter and stick your pokewalker on it to rack up the steps very quickly).

1) just catch any ONE poke (lax, zor, gross, noir) on the walker
2) Set your DS Date to : 2031-10-25
3) Set your DS time to : 02:13:00
4) Wait on the first DS screen and watch the clock
5) start your game at either 02:13:58 or 02:13:59 :)59 for me)
6) go to the pokewalker section and take the CAUGHT pokemon out
it should be brave, Ability 1(varies by pokemon, Thick Fat for lax, Heatproof for Zong), 29/30/30/x/30/1

The NICE thing about this is that there are a TON of TR pokes on Champ Path ALL of which can use this spread!!
Lax, Zong, Noir, Gross, heck even Gyarados. :p

Oh, and if you keep trying it and keep NOT getting the target spread. Try varying the second you begin your game. :59 works for me and Wichu, but :58 works for Showsni. But basically it's pretty easy. Not RNG experience required really.

Oh, and if you happen to actually KNOW how to RNG (lol) HERE'S Wichu's post on how to abuse the Pokewalker.

kradeexxx

Hi,guys. Can anyone explain about these thing in the Pokewalker courses table?

pokewalker.jpg

As you can see in the picture above. There are some cells below pokemon group C and B which contain the underline name of pokemon from group A and steps require with very high rates . I wanna know what are these cells meaning.

I'm already know that there are special types for each course that can reduce the step requirement, but they don't rise the encounter rate, right? So what are these cells meaning ?

Just posting to help those of you looking for decently IVd Pokes...Especially the new brood that comes fron The Winner's Path..........

1) just catch any ONE poke (lax, zor, gross, noir) on the walker
2) Set your DS Date to : 2031-10-25
3) Set your DS time to : 02:13:00
4) Wait on the first DS screen and watch the clock
5) start your game at either 02:13:58 or 02:13:59 :)59 for me)
6) go to the pokewalker section and take the pokemon out
it should be brave, 29/30/30/x/30/1

Do this EXACTLY as it states above, and you will get the IVs stated. This will work on ANY PokeWalker course, but I stated it for The Winner's Path, just because everything except Horsea on the PokeWalker route can have Brave as a competitive nature for battling...Especially if you like Trick Room teams, and ESPECIALLY if you want the really good IV stats for DestructoLax (Munchlax).

Remember though...

1) After you reset the date and time on your DS, it will shut off. Turn it right back on, and wait for it to hit 2:13:58.
2) Also remember, only catch ONE Poke...if you catch any more, the above stated trick doesn't work.
3) I did ths already with Beldum, Munchlax, Duskull, Magikarp, and Bronzor on The Winner's Path course. It WILL work for all of them if done correctly.

Last edited:

Kit

I had some trouble with Winner's Path the other day--I wanted a Duskull, but I kept getting Horsea, even though Horseas are supposed to be harder to find...I didn't see a SINGLE duskull, even after 10,000 steps and spendign all those watts. Huh?

wPatriot

Hi,guys. Can anyone explain about these thing in the Pokewalker courses table?

pokewalker.jpg

As you can see in the picture above. There are some cells below pokemon group C and B which contain the underline name of pokemon from group A and steps require with very high rates . I wanna know what are these cells meaning.

I'm already know that there are special types for each course that can reduce the step requirement, but they don't rise the encounter rate, right? So what are these cells meaning ?

It took me a while to figure these out as well, they are rather confusing and lack any explanation whatsoever. Anyway, here's the deal:

First of all, it's important to know that out of each group, you can only encouter 1 pokémon during a stroll. Which pokémon that is, is randomly chosen when you put your pokémon in the Pokéwalker.

The lowest cell in the table lists the chances of that column's pokémon appearing, when certain requirements for other pokémon may or may not be met. That's probably not going to make a lot of sense, so here's an example:

Take Magikarp from your image. In the lowest cell of his column it says:

Beldum
0+ St: 100%
3000+ St: 45%
8000+ St: 36%

Munchlax
0+ St: 100%
3000+ St: 45%
8000+ St: 42.75%

This means that after 100 steps, it doesn't matter wheter your group A pokémon is Beldum or Munchlax, you have a 100% chance of seeing a Magikarp, so that's all you're going to catch. Now, after 3000 steps, there's only a 45% chance you are going to see a Magikarp. It still, however, doesn't matter what pokémon has been selected for you from group A. When you get to 8000 steps and over, however, things change a bit. When Beldum is your group A pokémon, you only have a 36% chance of seeing a Magikarp, whereas with Munchlax as your group A pokémon you get a 42.75% chance.

The reason the extra information is there, is that some group A (and even group B) Pokémon have different chances of appearing than their partners. For some routes it's even more convoluted than this. Take Yellow Forest for example. Since both the group A and group B pokémon have different appearence rates, there are different appearance rates for the group C pokémon for each of the unique combinations of group A and B pokémon.

wPatriot

I had some trouble with Winner's Path the other day--I wanted a Duskull, but I kept getting Horsea, even though Horseas are supposed to be harder to find...I didn't see a SINGLE duskull, even after 10,000 steps and spendign all those watts. Huh?

That's because they are in the same group. You can never encounter two pokémon from the same group during a stroll. There are three groups (A, B and C, with A being the rarest and C the least rare), and when going on a stroll, one pokémon is randomly selected for each group. That means you can only encounter that pokémon for that specific group during that stroll. To encounter the other pokémon, you have to return your active pokémon to your HG/SS and go for another stroll (although there's not guarantee the same pokémon will not be chosen).

AstralEon

The one and only.
My walker project is slowing getting close to completion.

I have finished 'Volcano Path' course and recently unlocked 'Treehouse' course; currently exploring it. 14 courses out of the 27 unlocked so far.

I have not received the 'Winner's Path' course yet. Having problems with my home internet connection so I'm unable to connect to Wi-Fi at the moment. I will download load it as soon as my internet is back up.

Also noticed that I didn't unlock the 'Beyond the Sea' course as well. Haven't done a GTS trade, yet. Should be easy to get.

I'll be getting 2 new courses soon enough.

My Progress:
Day 1 - 3,982 steps
Day 2 - 9,523 steps
Day 3 - 3,312 steps
Day 4 - 9,528 steps
Day 5 - 9,862 steps
Day 6 - 1,761 steps
Day 7 - 1,108 steps
Day 8 - 87 steps
Day 9 - 13,098 steps
Day 10 - 2,266 steps
Day 11 - 8 steps
Day 12 - 8,695 steps
Day 13 - 6,943 steps
Day 14 - 42 steps
Day 15 - 34 steps
Day 16 - 5,301 steps
Day 17 - 6,308 steps
Day 18 - 4,030 steps
Day 19 - 15,789 steps (Yellow Forest hunt)
Day 20 - 3,503 steps
Day 21 - 163 steps
Day 22 - 1,715 steps
Day 23 - 14,148 steps (Yellow Forest hunt)
Day 24 - 13 steps
Day 25 - 8 steps
Day 26 - 20,308 steps (Yellow Forest hunt)
Day 27 - 7 steps
Day 28 - 0 steps
Day 29 - 0 steps
Day 30 - 9,764 steps
Day 31 - 5,292 steps
END OF MONTH 1

Day 1 - 4,759 steps
Day 2 - 8,959 steps
Day 3 - 7,797 steps
Day 4 - 2,413 steps
Day 5 - 2,034 steps
Day 6 - 10,0053 steps
Day 7 - 4,012 steps
Day 8 - 8,353 steps
Day 9 - 6,159 steps
Day 10 - 207 steps
Day 11 - 584 steps
Day 12 - 3,317 steps
Day 13 - 11,258 steps
Day 14 - 7,372 steps
Day 15 - 5,182 steps
Day 16 - 11,894 steps
Day 17 - 5,305 steps
Day 18 - 1,522 steps
Day 19 - 10,035 steps
Day 20 - 21,972 steps
Day 21 - 9,180 steps
Day 22 - 10,340 steps
Day 23 - 19,861 steps
Day 24 - 10,518 steps
Day 25 - 15,015 steps
Day 26 - 3,845 steps

Today's totals:
15,570 W
370,340 steps

Steelix211

Thanks so much Mattj and jeyre80; been trying to get a decent Munchlax for ages. I'll definitely have to try that out.

[EDIT] Finally got a Munchlax with good nature and IVs. Thanks again!

Last edited:
are the routes Refreshing Field - Night Skys Edge the only useable course availble right now if not then how to I unlock Winner's Path, Rally, Sightseeing and Amity Meadow? I would have done the Yellow Forest but I missed it by 1 day.

Steelix211

are the routes Refreshing Field - Night Skys Edge the only useable course availble right now if not then how to I unlock Winner's Path, Rally, Sightseeing and Amity Meadow? I would have done the Yellow Forest but I missed it by 1 day.

Night Sky's Edge is unlocked when you transfer a certain Jirachi to your HG/SS game. Everything from Refreshing Field to Quiet Cave is unlocked through saving Watts, while Beyond the Sea is unlocked once you've done an international trade over the GTS.

Winner's Path is available now over Wifi (at least in most areas). Rally, Sightseeing and Amity Meadow are unlocked by events that haven't yet been announced.