• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokéwalker Research & Discussion Thread

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild

zodiacsage

Challenge Seeker
I found this quite interesting at the beginning and then got extremely P.O.ed at the end for this guy's lack of knowlege of the pokewalker.
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions...dos_devious_device_beware_the_pokewalker.html
since this is the discussion thread for the pokewalker, i wanted to know what other people thought

Wow, even if I completely discarded my favorable disposition towards Pokemon this article would still sound idiotic to me. The writer of this really has no clue what he was saying, and his main point was not even well structured.

First, the Pokewalker really does not have many stand alone gameplay features on it to keep the player that busy while they are on the go, I do not see someone becoming that distracted when they are out and about because of it.

Second, I believe the general public opinion of Pokemon from people who are not familiar with the game is more or less that it is basically just a means for Nintendo to make cute little pets to play with which hypnotize your children into forcing the parents to spend money on the endless stream of products they produce. In reality Pokemon is actually a well rounded out strategy game that takes some real thought and understanding if you are to consistently win. It could be compared to a modern version of chess.

Point being, this article truly was a complete joke. Thanks for posting it, I had a good laugh of the writer's stupidity.

vamtaro

Hehe, I thought this was funny so I figured I'd post. I forgot my pokewalker was in my pocket and I went to go ride my horse. When I got back it had counted an extra 14,000 steps XD I think I'll take my pokemon riding more often.

vamtaro

um i lost my pokewalker after i got the game, am i missing out on anything

It's not essential to have it, but it is pretty fun - especially if you have friends who play. At school a bunch of people in my department had them and we traded all the time and that was fun. It's also kind of nice to take your pokemon from the game out of their original context. If you already walk around a lot in your day-to-day life it's kind of nice to get some items/pokemon/happiness for something do all the time anyway. It's not essential, though, so don't worry too much about it. If you feel like it would be fun, it's only like ten dollars to replace.

Aquanova

I was wondering if anyone can tell me when are they gonna anounce the next event for HGSS

nobody knows. After Winner's path anything could happen. they might annouce Celebi/Movie shiny dogs, or maybe Enigma Stone. i dont know if they will do any pokewaker events but id like it if theyd repeat yellow forest just for a week or 2.

ThousandMaster

Magic School Dropout
I seem to have encountered a problem with my Pokewalker. Well, more of an inconvenience or a letdown, but still.

The other day, I was at a large gathering, where there were several other Pokewalkers present. So I linked up with them, went home, fought the trainers in the Viridian Trainer House one last time before switching them out for the new guys, and sent my Pokemon back into the game.

The next day, I go into the trainer house, expecting to fight everyone I met the previous day. Instead, it was the same trainers as before. Yes, none of the new trainers I met had their data sent over into my game at all.

Has this happened to anyone else? My hypothesis is that fighting all the trainers before sending over the data left them unswappable that day, but it's really just a guess.

Thank you for your time.

Also, that article everyone's discussing at the top of the page? Talk about completely missing the point. Whoever wrote that clearly has no understanding of the point of the Pokewalker. Would he rather have kids playing at the park and checking their Pokewalkers now and then, or sitting inside playing video games all day?

Geez man.

• Over 70,000 steps recorded and transfered while on Yellow Path.
  • Grass type as my walking partner
  • 9999 Watts currently on my walker.
  • over 500 "encounters"
  • NOT A SINGLE FRIGGING !!! PIKACHU NOOOOT A SIIIIINGLE !!! GAAAAWHEORUITH*(!#ph%()*_

overheat

Fire Type Trainer
I think the pokewalker is an awesome device, but the only let-down is that it restarts the steps. Aside from that I love the pokewalker ^^

dats true i hate dat it resets the steps and dat my pokemon only gains one level in it. but other than that its pretty kool. im extremely paranoid to loose it though so i put a geudude (easy pokemon to replace) in case i ever lost it or washed it. and dat guy with the article cant be serious. hes talking bout kids using pokewalkers outside when hes in his house doing nothing but writing a hateful article on a pokewalker. obviously he has nothing better to do.

Shedinja705

An outcast...
The only thing that makes me frustrated is that you have to walk a TON to unlock the final path, quiet cave.

WishforaMilotic

Shiny Hunter~♥
Yes, your totally right there T_T my friend's already unblocked all of the manually un-blockable courses ="OOO
I personnaly put mine on top of my pretty rough washing machine, amd strap in down with my belt, once it's been put on ^_^ 15000 watts / hour ^_^

DarkSteve

Hi there im new and i am asking if someone can help to catch the flying pikachu im trying to get a lot of watts (around 3000 watts), the i walk in a day around 7500 - 10000 steps also i have a pikachu inside the poke walker to make the things more easy, i also try my best to get three exclamation signs !!! and i get it all the 3 signs but the damn pikachu dosent appear all the pikachus i got doing all this are surfing but no flying i had do all these at least 18 times, anyone can help me? T.T

nikki124

Dragon Trainer. RAWR
Hi there im new and i am asking if someone can help to catch the flying pikachu im trying to get a lot of watts (around 3000 watts), the i walk in a day around 7500 - 10000 steps also i have a pikachu inside the poke walker to make the things more easy, i also try my best to get three exclamation signs !!! and i get it all the 3 signs but the damn pikachu dosent appear all the pikachus i got doing all this are surfing but no flying i had do all these at least 18 times, anyone can help me? T.T

Hey there, I know your pain lolz. You need a minimum of 10,000 steps if you want any chance at a flying pikachu. And keep doing what you're doing with the whole !!! exclamation points because that's when your chances for a flying pikachu will be highest. From there, it's pretty much luck.
Personally, I've found like 5 flying pikachus in there while using a grass type, so maybe try using a grass type? That's all I can really recommend. Sorry :( But Good luck!! :)

chihuahuaowner

Okay so I'm also looking to get the flychu ^_^ My only problem is that I can't seem to get the !!! sign at all (even at 10000 steps) :( How many seconds should I wait before clicking on the !! sign so that I can get !!! ?