• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokéwalker Research & Discussion Thread

Melloyu

Okay so I'm also looking to get the flychu ^_^ My only problem is that I can't seem to get the !!! sign at all (even at 10000 steps) :( How many seconds should I wait before clicking on the !! sign so that I can get !!! ?

i've never seen the !!! as well, but I have a flychu =)
he can appear as well with !! , you just need some luck.

anyhow, does anyone encountered a shiny pokemon or got a shiny pokemon from the pokewalker yet :O?

invaderdim

Dimmest of the Dim^^
i only got 1 surfchu and thats it.
also i read somewhere that tis impossible to get a shiny because the pokewalker changes the pokemons IVs to make them not shiny.
i recently got a new pokewalker and it seems that you ahve to accumulate all the watts all over again to continue unlocking courses but they stay unlocked from before. i also got beyond the sea today, after one trade with america and no success i traded my scyther for a caterpie in japan and that worked :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I've never seen "!!!" before, it's always just "!" or "!!" for me. I've yet to find any of the rare Pokemon but this guide does help a lot regardless. I gave up looking for Surf and Fly Pikachu's months ago but I still try to find the rare Winner's Path Pokemon like Beldum and Munchlax with no luck. The PokeWalker is really only to be used if you have no other options when it comes to getting a certain Pokemon. Otherwise I don't see why it's too useful, maybe a few special moves on certain Pokemon but that's it ;_;

TheDarkrai

Magic Bounce Espeon!
I found a Pikachu with Fly before I knew that you could get them in Yellow Forest. I don't really see what's so special. They're not good on the GTS because no one realises their movesets.
P.S This is my first ever post!!!!!

WishforaMilotic

Shiny Hunter~♥
i've never seen the !!! as well, but I have a flychu =)
he can appear as well with !! , you just need some luck.

anyhow, does anyone encountered a shiny pokemon or got a shiny pokemon from the pokewalker yet :O?

Impossible to get a balloonchu with only "!!" you must of got "!!!" and you didn't realise :p I got a surfboardchu and put it in daycare, 'cos i got a light ball, but it leveled up 7 levels, before laying an egg, and it lost it's surf move T_T wtf? my ballonchu's always on me 'cos it's a pretty epic way to travel now, isn't it?! I hate the way on the pokewalker, - i'm always strolling in the yellow forest => I missed the Champ's path event T_T - wait, resart.
I lower down the "!!!" Pikachus Hp to 1 bar remaining out of the 3 bars maximun, and i naturally throw the pokeball,... but it escapes, ad flee's -_-'' how in hellllll are you supposed to catch something, in these conditions?!?!?!

ThousandMaster

Magic School Dropout
Impossible to get a balloonchu with only "!!" you must of got "!!!" and you didn't realise :p I got a surfboardchu and put it in daycare, 'cos i got a light ball, but it leveled up 7 levels, before laying an egg, and it lost it's surf move T_T wtf? my ballonchu's always on me 'cos it's a pretty epic way to travel now, isn't it?! I hate the way on the pokewalker, - i'm always strolling in the yellow forest => I missed the Champ's path event T_T - wait, resart.
I lower down the "!!!" Pikachus Hp to 1 bar remaining out of the 3 bars maximun, and i naturally throw the pokeball,... but it escapes, ad flee's -_-'' how in hellllll are you supposed to catch something, in these conditions?!?!?!

Actually, !! has a chance of being the same Pokemon as !!!, it's just more likely to be the regular !! Pokemon, just like a second ! has a small chance of being the !! Pokemon.

As for the 1 HP remaining and it still breaks free... that's just bad luck. It's happened to me before and pisses me off, but just because it's at 1 HP doesn't mean there's a 100% chance of catching it. The fact that it flees once it escapes, though, that just makes things a little more annoying.

Suwa-Chan

The Analylist
I wasn't sure where to put this but this seems like the best place...

So after I got SoulSilver about 4 months ago, the first thing I did was get the Togepi egg so that I can transfer it to the Pokewalker and start walking. I did this because when I got the game I read somewhere that the Pokewalker give out happiness as well as experience (though the experience is capped). Well, 4,500 watts later I figured that was plenty of steps to get max happiness so I swapped Togepi for my Budew and gave Togepi a rare candy. Nothing happened. I got a little confused and looked around the internet for a bit to find out why Togepi isn't at max happiness and I've find out the answer I'm looking for.

1 step = 1 experience point and 256 experience points = +1 happiness
problem here though is that my Togepi was just fresh out of its egg so it was level 1 which means it won't get any addition happiness from the pokewalker because the most amount of exp. it can get at lvl 1 is 8
I did a little testing to confirm this but the lady at Goldenrod can only give me a range value so I have so idea if 256 exp = 1 happiness but I'm almost sure that the experience cap affects the happiness in some way.

Also, second thing I seem to have discovered. Since I had 4,500 with my Togepi and didn't transfer any of it until Togepi was transfered I should have unlocked 5 routes, right? Nope I only unlocked 1 route, rugged road. So in other words, you could walk from New York City to Florida (about the distance needed to get the 100,000 watts), you still would unlock only one route at a time.
Easy way to unlock the rest if you have the required watts is just to simple keep transfering a pokemon back-and-forth from the Pokewalker.

Wasn't sure if these points were discovered already but I feel that they should be included in the pokewalker section since I expected to walk 50 miles with a togepi and get a max happiness togepi and unlock 5 Pokewalker routes.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I have never even tried my Pokewalker.