• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokéwalker Research & Discussion Thread

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
The main site says that for Noisy Forest Paras is at lvl 5, but I caught a pair of female Paras', both level 6.

Also, my Pokewalker has been turning on and off, but I only got it yesterday. Is it dying, or does it shut off after 10 seconds of inactivity?

yaminokame

やみのかめ
The main site says that for Noisy Forest Paras is at lvl 5, but I caught a pair of female Paras', both level 6.

Also, my Pokewalker has been turning on and off, but I only got it yesterday. Is it dying, or does it shut off after 10 seconds of inactivity?

Yeah, it's normal. It goes into a 'sleep mode' if you don't touch anything for a few seconds.

Dean

Wonder of Thunder!
How do you unlock courses? Do you get them by reaching the number to your total Watts or do you have to get the amount of Watts at once on the Pokewalker?

Godric

Petrew Petrew
How do you unlock courses? Do you get them by reaching the number to your total Watts or do you have to get the amount of Watts at once on the Pokewalker?

You unlock courses based on the amount of Watts you transfer to your Main game, i.e. watts not used up inside the Pokewalker.

Rugged Road: 50W
Beautiful Beach: 200W
Suburban Area: 500W
Dim Cave: 1,000W
Blue Lake: 2,000W
Town Outskirts: 3,000W
Hoenn Field: 5,000W
Warm Beach: 7,500W
Volcano Path: 10,000W
etc, etc
The watts are accumulative, don't think you need to transfer 1,000 + to the amount you already have in order to unlock Dim Cave. :p

Ok I have a question.I was leveling up my onix in the pokewalker and when I transferred him back he got to level 9.Now, at level 9 he learns rock throw but when I looked at me moves he didn't have it.Can someone tell me how to make him learn rock throw?

Godric

Petrew Petrew
Ok I have a question.I was leveling up my onix in the pokewalker and when I transferred him back he got to level 9.Now, at level 9 he learns rock throw but when I looked at me moves he didn't have it.Can someone tell me how to make him learn rock throw?

well that's the thing with the Pokewalker... it's NOT like the daycare where the move on the top of your Pokemon's list gets removed for the move(s) it learns when it levels up. You need to wait until you hit Blackthorn City to be able to teach him Rock Throw again. or you can trade Onix to your DPt and give it metal coat so when it evolves into Steelix he learns Rock Throw, given if it's still @ lvl.9.

well that's the thing with the Pokewalker... it's NOT like the daycare where the move on the top of your Pokemon's list gets removed for the move(s) it learns when it levels up. You need to wait until you hit Blackthorn City to be able to teach him Rock Throw again. or you can trade Onix to your DPt and give it metal coat so when it evolves into Steelix he learns Rock Throw, given if it's still @ lvl.9.

That kinda sucks,but thanks for the help.

TSL

Mischievous.
Also posted this on the help thread, but seeing as you Pokewalker guys are pretty devoted to figuring this gadget out...

How does the pokewalker award happiness to your pokemon? Is it every 256 steps=1 happiness point like in the core games, or is it handled differently?

chiper12

Artsy Smeargle
Has anyone noticed how pokewalkers make pokemon almost as 'real' as they can be? They hold one of your pokemon. (At the start) and they gain experiance and friendship as you hold onto them. (Walking). You can battle almost anywhere. (In a sense...) It's also kind of cute how it's shaped as a pokeball as well.

Just a thought.

GreenAiden555

Up For Trade P.M Me
Uhhh... Nintedo/GameFreak screwed up a bit. If you HAVEN'T traded over a GameStop Jirachi to unlock the Edge yet, try trading a WISHMKR one. They seem to unlock the course, too.

Godric

Petrew Petrew
Uhhh... Nintedo/GameFreak screwed up a bit. If you HAVEN'T traded over a GameStop Jirachi to unlock the Edge yet, try trading a WISHMKR one. They seem to unlock the course, too.

That's odd. I thought all WISHMKR Jirachi's lose their "fateful encounter" flag when transfered from RSE to DPtHGSS. Did you get the WISHMKR Jirachi yourself?

Octillery

You're cool.
I don't really know if this is the right place to ask this or not, but, my bicycle is my main form of transportation. Does anyone know if the Pokewalker registers the whole up and down pedaling motion on a bike as a step? That'd be pretty convenient. If not... I guess I'll find out eventually. But, still.

Wishmaker Jirachis do unlock Night Sky's Edge. I found this out back when I sent mine over in my Japanese Soul Silver half a year ago.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Am I supposed to turn the Pokewalker off? I don't wanna leave it on if it'll waste the battery but I don't know how to turn it off... Do I leave it in sleep mode all the time?

Godric

Petrew Petrew
Wishmaker Jirachis do unlock Night Sky's Edge. I found this out back when I sent mine over in my Japanese Soul Silver half a year ago.

That's something I didn't know. It might just be any Jirachi in general then.
ex: CHANNEL, WISHMKR, etc.

GreenAiden555

Up For Trade P.M Me
That's odd. I thought all WISHMKR Jirachi's lose their "fateful encounter" flag when transfered from RSE to DPtHGSS. Did you get the WISHMKR Jirachi yourself?

I own a copy of the Colo. Bonus disc. As a matter of fact, it's sitting in my gamecube right now.

So, anyone need a Jirachi?

Also, how long does it take until the steps update? My girlfriend's is stuck at 16.

AstralEon

The one and only.
I traded in my GAMESTP(ID:02270) Jirachi and everything is working fine at my end. Unlocked the new course; Night Sky's Edge.

Anyways, I'm at: 450W and 10,000steps total.
This was in 2 days.

I've been to Night Sky's Edge most of the time actually. Never been to any of the others yet. Wanting to grab me some shards for Berries. Caught a few Pokemon here and there as well.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Can you unlock the Hoenn routes pre E4?