• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokéwalker Research & Discussion Thread

pokemaster394

JESUS FREAK
I've so far walked a total of 22046 steps with my pokewalker, and collected 832 watts. Today, 1540 steps. Oh, and spring break, I plan to walk over 100,000 steps! Gotta make sure Quiet Cave is unlocked after all!

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
I just unlocked the Surburban area I think...
my favorite is beautiful beach so far. :)

K-B-K

I got the game today and have so far walked 5602 steps. I'm in the Rugged Road but I can find Magby at all. :(

Madmin The Madman

Pokemon Rancher
I took a hike this lovely morning and clocked 13209 steps in around an hour and a half to two hours.
The sad part however is that I was doing refreshing field JUST for a bunch of shots at a Kangaskhan, and ended up spending all but 75 of the Watts (the remainder I needed for Dim cave) on battles never seeing a single one...

Last edited:

AstralEon

The one and only.
I've explored the Blue Lake for some time now and so far I have yet to see a Dartini, Tentacool, and Goldeen.

And the items I found were Fresh Water, Lum Berry, and TM11s. What was strange was I was able to find 3 TM11s in one stroll.

Well, I'm still going to explore Blue Lake until I have seen every Pokemon that is listed in that area. Then move on to the next course.

My progress:

Day 1 - 3,982 steps
Day 2 - 9,523 steps
Day 3 - 3,312 steps
Day 4 - 9,528 steps
Day 5 - 9,862 steps
Day 6 - 1,761 steps
Day 7 - 1,108 steps
Day 8 - 87 steps
Day 9 - 13,098 steps
Day 10 - 2,266 steps
Day 11 - 8 steps
Day 12 - 8,695 steps

Today's totals:
3,208 W
63,225 steps

K-B-K

For some reason (not sure if this is just a mistake on Serebii.net) it takes 200 Watts to get to Beautiful Beach (My game is a UK/EU version).

ijea4444

I got the game today and have so far walked 5602 steps. I'm in the Rugged Road but I can find Magby at all. :(
Did you find a lot of Onix's? You can only have one pokemon of each group at a time. In this case, you can only have one A group pokemon at a time. Since your not finding any Magby's I'm assuming this time you got Onix as your A group pokemon. Just send your pokemon back into your DS and then back into the Pokewalker and your groups will be reset.

I've explored the Blue Lake for some time now and so far I have yet to see a Dartini, Tentacool, and Goldeen.

And the items I found were Fresh Water, Lum Berry, and TM11s. What was strange was I was able to find 3 TM11s in one stroll.

Well, I'm still going to explore Blue Lake until I have seen every Pokemon that is listed in that area. Then move on to the next course.

My progress:

Day 1 - 3,982 steps
Day 2 - 9,523 steps
Day 3 - 3,312 steps
Day 4 - 9,528 steps
Day 5 - 9,862 steps
Day 6 - 1,761 steps
Day 7 - 1,108 steps
Day 8 - 87 steps
Day 9 - 13,098 steps
Day 10 - 2,266 steps
Day 11 - 8 steps
Day 12 - 8,695 steps

Today's totals:
3,208 W
63,225 steps

See above.

Last edited:

McIntyre

Novice Breeder
For some reason (not sure if this is just a mistake on Serebii.net) it takes 200 Watts to get to Beautiful Beach (My game is a UK/EU version).

It most likely is just a typo. I know that it also took me 200 steps to get Beautiful Beach open as well.

Also, I don't know if it was asked already, but when you walk in a course, is the only Pokemon that will follow you from the C group?

ijea4444

If your referring to the pokemon that join your pokewalker once its empty, I'm pretty sure it is only C pokemon. Those are the only ones i've gotten anyway and I've yet to hear anyone get a B pokemon let alone an A pokemon.

Godric

Petrew Petrew

It does take 200 Watts to open Beautiful Beach in the Pokewalker. Make sure you are sending the watts into the DS and not just collecting them and using them up on the PokeRadar or Dowsing options.

It most likely is just a typo. I know that it also took me 200 steps to get Beautiful Beach open as well.

Also, I don't know if it was asked already, but when you walk in a course, is the only Pokemon that will follow you from the C group?

Yeah one Pokemon from only Group C (not A or B) will occasionally Join you if there is no Pokemon inside the Pokewalker.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Got the European version yesterday and decided to test the English Pokewalker (I also have a japanese one) and I was wondering in anyone knew that you can connect two different pokewalkers and get the watts off both as well as Items and pokemon

Madmin The Madman

Pokemon Rancher
Got the European version yesterday and decided to test the English Pokewalker (I also have a japanese one) and I was wondering in anyone knew that you can connect two different pokewalkers and get the watts off both as well as Items and pokemon

Once you go out for a stroll the option disappears until you come back from it. So no, you can't walk two different pokemon, but you MAY be able to collect watts/dowsing items from the second walker via 'receive gift'

Ledyba

I sleep with bugz.
The PokéWalker is awesome.

My friend and I got the games and we walked 3000 steps each. Its so much fun! When its summer in the Netherlands, im walking the whole time with it!

Ledyba

I sleep with bugz.
The PokéWalker is awesome.

My friend and I got the games and we walked 3000 steps each. Its so much fun! When its summer in the Netherlands, im walking the whole time with it!

Furret

Boulder Trainer
Got SoulSilver!
I have question, I have a Togepi and I want to evolve it into Togetic, If I'll put it on Pokewalker it it will increase happiness?

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Got SoulSilver!
I have question, I have a Togepi and I want to evolve it into Togetic, If I'll put it on Pokewalker it it will increase happiness?

Yes, but slowly. A Japanese wiki said about 65,000 to 70,000 steps to get a Pokemon that evolves through happiness to evolve. Someone earlier tried to refute this, but has yet to come back so I'm assuming they proved themselves wrong. Try for it though, it should work :p

marhawkman

Taking the pokemon out periodically and getting it haircuts will speed the process up. using Itemfinder seems to help too.

Surfing_Pikachu

Pretty cool device, but VERY time consuming. All day I struggled to reach my goal of getting 10,000 steps in one day, and just now I did it and unlocked Suburban Area. Very tough, I was constantly pacing around the room all day. And to think that in order to unlock Quite Cave you have need to walk 10,000 steps for 200 days. Oooh boy...

R_N

I still find that the Resort Area course (read: The second to last course in the thing) a real kick to the nether regions.
By the time you actually unlock the thing, you've already got access to everything in there thanks to Viridian Forest, Safari Zone, & the third route in the game. And if you have Night SKy's Edge or any of the other event courses, you already had easy access to Jiggly, Clefairy, and Pikachu.

None of the items are all that great either.

Madmin The Madman

Pokemon Rancher
All day I struggled to reach my goal of getting 10,000 steps in one day

I REALLY hope you're joking... It generally takes me around 1-2 hours 'max' to reach/break 10k steps, and these are just legitimate paces while walking. I'm at a few thousand right now and I haven't done anything but wear my walker around my house today..

It is NOT hard to get a lot of steps in to earn new routes. Unless you are beyond sedentary that is. Take a walk, walk a dog, hike, walk to the store. The store alone including a round trip and isle-browsing would probably get you over 1-2 thousand alone, as long as it isn't right across the street from your house.

I still find that the Resort Area course (read: The second to last course in the thing) a real kick to the nether regions.
By the time you actually unlock the thing, you've already got access to everything in there thanks to Viridian Forest, Safari Zone, & the third route in the game. And if you have Night SKy's Edge or any of the other event courses, you already had easy access to Jiggly, Clefairy, and Pikachu.

None of the items are all that great either.

While I whole-heartedly agree that the pokemon available in that, and other routes are a REAL disappointment. I have to say that despite the common pokemon in it, my personal favorite is beyond the sea, simply because once you have the step requirement hit for group A the pokemon will be holding valuables, and the stardust rate on the dowsing machine is great too.

To be honest though, I don't have Night Sky's edge, despite having platinum and a gamestop nearby, I simply didn't take the time to care about getting Jirachi since I don't have any friends locally who own a DS to transfer it to gold. It just NOW dawns on me however that Serebii can help me with that, I think I'll make a trip to the trade forum and see if I can borrow a Jirachi for a measly minute or two to unlock the route.

Last edited: