• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokéwalker Research & Discussion Thread

Night Sky's Edge is unlocked when you transfer a certain Jirachi to your HG/SS game. Everything from Refreshing Field to Quiet Cave is unlocked through saving Watts, while Beyond the Sea is unlocked once you've done an international trade over the GTS.

Winner's Path is available now over Wifi (at least in most areas). Rally, Sightseeing and Amity Meadow are unlocked by events that haven't yet been announced.

kool thankx for the help

Huh, so winners path is now available? How long is it available for? I live on campus and there's no wifi compatible with my ds, but I only have about a week left of school and when I get home I'll have wifi again.

mew2468

Mew & Rotom Trainer
Huh, so winners path is now available? How long is it available for? I live on campus and there's no wifi compatible with my ds, but I only have about a week left of school and when I get home I'll have wifi again.

The event ends June 25th . . . you'll have enough time. :p

AstralEon

The one and only.
I download 'Winner's Path' yesterday and so far I manage to catch myself a Magikarp, Duskull, and a few Horseas. Working my way up into catching at least of of each kind. By the looks of the table, Munchlax will be difficult to find.

I rather not put too much effort in finding/catching a Munchlax. I'm aiming to unlock every course I can before I start wasting watts. 'Yellow Forest' took a lot out of me and I don't want the same thing happening to me again. So I'll give the 'Winner's Path' route a week.

I also unlocked 'Beyond the Sea' course just recently. This will be my next stroll once I'm done with 'Winner's Path'.

My Progress:
Day 1 - 3,982 steps
Day 2 - 9,523 steps
Day 3 - 3,312 steps
Day 4 - 9,528 steps
Day 5 - 9,862 steps
Day 6 - 1,761 steps
Day 7 - 1,108 steps
Day 8 - 87 steps
Day 9 - 13,098 steps
Day 10 - 2,266 steps
Day 11 - 8 steps
Day 12 - 8,695 steps
Day 13 - 6,943 steps
Day 14 - 42 steps
Day 15 - 34 steps
Day 16 - 5,301 steps
Day 17 - 6,308 steps
Day 18 - 4,030 steps
Day 19 - 15,789 steps (Yellow Forest hunt)
Day 20 - 3,503 steps
Day 21 - 163 steps
Day 22 - 1,715 steps
Day 23 - 14,148 steps (Yellow Forest hunt)
Day 24 - 13 steps
Day 25 - 8 steps
Day 26 - 20,308 steps (Yellow Forest hunt)
Day 27 - 7 steps
Day 28 - 0 steps
Day 29 - 0 steps
Day 30 - 9,764 steps
Day 31 - 5,292 steps
END OF MONTH 1

Day 1 - 4,759 steps
Day 2 - 8,959 steps
Day 3 - 7,797 steps
Day 4 - 2,413 steps
Day 5 - 2,034 steps
Day 6 - 10,053 steps
Day 7 - 4,012 steps
Day 8 - 8,353 steps
Day 9 - 6,159 steps
Day 10 - 207 steps
Day 11 - 584 steps
Day 12 - 3,317 steps
Day 13 - 11,258 steps
Day 14 - 7,372 steps
Day 15 - 5,182 steps
Day 16 - 11,894 steps
Day 17 - 5,305 steps
Day 18 - 1,522 steps
Day 19 - 10,035 steps
Day 20 - 21,972 steps
Day 21 - 9,180 steps
Day 22 - 10,340 steps
Day 23 - 19,861 steps
Day 24 - 10,518 steps
Day 25 - 15,015 steps
Day 26 - 3,845 steps
Day 27 - 16,351 steps
Day 28 - 7,534 steps
END OF MONTH 2

Day 1 - 6,014

Today's totals:
16,768 W
398,143 steps

koosbane

master breeder
I tried the time adjustment thing to get the beastly ivs and brave nature. I got a beldum with brave nature but not the good ivs. I did it at 2:13:58, is it possible i should do it at :59?

Artie

Is it possible for the Pokewalker to give out shinies? just wondering.. Trying to get enough Munchlax for my classmates. They cant seem to get enough watts to get even near munchlax. XD

koosbane

master breeder
I am confirming the time adjustment works. It worked at 2:13:59 I got a beldum with the awesome stats and brave nature.

Chaosm

how do you unlock the beyond the sea course, I did and international trade and I still have not received it, do you have to talk to someone in the gts building?

how do you unlock the beyond the sea course, I did and international trade and I still have not received it, do you have to talk to someone in the gts building?

It took me around 2 or 3 full days to get it. I just had to go out on a route, and when I came back with some watts it unlocked that as well as the next course I had unlocked, so maybe you need to unlock the next course to get it? I doubt it but maybe. Just give it some time, I just got it 2 hours ago and I traded twice on the GTS once 3 days ago once 2 days ago.

JaimeGreenan

You know you need certain amount of steps to unlock certain pokemon is that in a day or is it how many steps you have done on that route? Eg if I did 12000 steps one day then the next day would be able to get pokemon which are 8000 steps even if I haven't done any steps that day?

Young Predator

So, first of all: Huray for my first post.
Now to get OT, I've collected over 5000 Watts for Hoen Field, normally i would unlock in but it isn't being unlocked yet.... anyone has the same problem?

Entei25

Awaiting B&W
Just posting to help those of you looking for decently IVd Pokes...Especially the new brood that comes fron The Winner's Path..........

1) just catch any ONE poke (lax, zor, gross, noir) on the walker
2) Set your DS Date to : 2031-10-25
3) Set your DS time to : 02:13:00
4) Wait on the first DS screen and watch the clock
5) start your game at either 02:13:58 or 02:13:59 :)59 for me)
6) go to the pokewalker section and take the pokemon out
it should be brave, 29/30/30/x/30/1

Do this EXACTLY as it states above, and you will get the IVs stated. This will work on ANY PokeWalker course, but I stated it for The Winner's Path, just because everything except Horsea on the PokeWalker route can have Brave as a competitive nature for battling...Especially if you like Trick Room teams, and ESPECIALLY if you want the really good IV stats for DestructoLax (Munchlax).

Remember though...

1) After you reset the date and time on your DS, it will shut off. Turn it right back on, and wait for it to hit 2:13:58.
2) Also remember, only catch ONE Poke...if you catch any more, the above stated trick doesn't work.
3) I did ths already with Beldum, Munchlax, Duskull, Magikarp, and Bronzor on The Winner's Path course. It WILL work for all of them if done correctly.

Could someone explain this please or post a video of it?
I don't really understand what the "first DS screen" is.

Hauntershadow92

The Mono-type Man
Alright, quick question. I've noticed this twice. I've gotten a few thousand steps and every once in a while, it the counter reverts back to 0. Is there a button command that resets the counter? Or is it just some glitch? Thanks!

mew2468

Mew & Rotom Trainer
Alright, quick question. I've noticed this twice. I've gotten a few thousand steps and every once in a while, it the counter reverts back to 0. Is there a button command that resets the counter? Or is it just some glitch? Thanks!

There's no button combination that you could have pressed to reset the timer. The steps reset at midnight everyday - is your DS clock accurate (or are you running around and checking your DS at midnight)? Otherwise it's a glitch.

koosbane

master breeder
Could someone explain this please or post a video of it?
I don't really understand what the "first DS screen" is.

You need to have the ds setup first of all to not start the game when you turn it on. so when you turn on your ds it starts at the options select a game screen. wait there and watch the clock until it gets to either :58 or :59 and start the game exactly then.

AstralEon

The one and only.
Is it possible for the Pokewalker to give out shinies? just wondering.. Trying to get enough Munchlax for my classmates. They cant seem to get enough watts to get even near munchlax. XD

It is still unknown for a Walker to give out legitimate shines. It's been months now and not a single person as yet to encounter one. So it's more likely that the walker cannot give out shines.

So, first of all: Huray for my first post.
Now to get OT, I've collected over 5000 Watts for Hoen Field, normally i would unlock in but it isn't being unlocked yet.... anyone has the same problem?

Both Beyond the Sea and Hoenn Field are needing a National Dex. If you have it already, send a Pokemon to the Walker and take it back out. Should fix the problem.

The pokewalker cannot give out shinys. I'm the guy that created that list of what to do to RNG your pokewalker to give Brave 29/30/30/x/30/1 pokes. I got that info from reading some research done by wichu over on smogon. He and wild eep confirmed you cannot get shinys from the walker. If it would come up shiny, the game would go back and re-do the RNG calls just to make it not shiny. sorry

and I'll post some more easy lists of how to get great IV pokes from the walker later on if i find time.

Just found one that gives you high IV timid HP I 68 pokes. ;)

Wartortle90

Salamence ISNT Uber
So ive unlocked EVERY single course on the pokewalker, FINALLY. so i can offer, literally any pokemon off the walker as well =] hire me

if you want natures, etc thats alot more shaking...so itll cost more. pm me though. i love this thing

AstralEon

The one and only.
^Really? Congratz.

I'm still working on mine. I've unlocked 'Scary Cave' course just yesterday. That puts me to 17 courses total and 7 more courses to go.

But really, unlocking further courses is getting harder and harder each new course I get to. The last course being 'Quiet Cave' which is a whooping 100,000 Watts. -.-'

Eh, I still have a long way to go...

Today's Totals:
20,167 W
475,462 steps