• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Poke-Hunger Games RPG [PG-15]

Ioneos

old geezer
All the information is in the Sign Up thread. Sign ups likely to close on Christmas, depending on how fast the story goes.

The Mayans had predicted the end of the world in 2012. But the humans and Pokemon of that time experienced something much worse: the start of a new one. After WW III, the entire planet was left in ruins. Hardly anything was left of what was once part of everyday life. Even the entire subcontinent of India was sunk, and Britain was destroyed by a nuclear explosion. But against all odds, in the land once known as North America, civilization began to form again. A shining Capitol was built, along with 13 districts. Everything seemed perfect until 2037. Rebellion broke out. The 13 districts all joined to try and conquer the Capitol. But the Capitol fought back. With most of the wealth of the nation and many resources accumulated, they were able to subdue the districts using a variety of dirty tactics and genetically modified Pokemon, in the proccess destroying District 13 as a sort of warning. Then the Capitol came up with an idea: the Hunger Games. Every year, a boy and a girl (along with one Pokemon of their choice) age 12-18 from each district are drawn randomly and sent to the wilderness, where the 24 of them fight to the death. The victor is crowned as a hero, with the rest forgotten forever. Although this was supposed to be a big honor (and still is in Districts 1, 2, and 4), many folks hate the Hunger Games, calling it "Child Slaughter" and "Disgraceful." However, those drawn by the Capitol participate or die.

This RPG is about the year 2062, and the 25th Hunger Games, or the first Quarter Quell. Held every 25 years, the Quell had some special and devious way of picking tributes, always representing yet another way that the Districts were completely at the Capitol's mercy. Later Quells would involve such things as twice the tributes, or placing past tributes back into the drawing. This year's method was that each district would have an election for the tributes to be sent. You are one of the fortunate (or unfortunate) that was elected to go. Whether it be random accumulation of unwilling votes, the fact that you were first on the ballot, or that you were just that dislikable, you have been sent to the arena. You will have a day or so for your prep team and stylist to get you and your one Pokemon allowed in the arena to help you ready for the ceremonies, not that unlike the ones of the Olympics held many years ago. Afte that you will be taken to a training facility, do some interviews for national television, and then... The Games begin.

James Potter
District 3
Reaping Day

James woke with a jolt. Another nightmare. Ever since he realized Reaping Day was coming up so soon, he'd been having bad dreams about the Hunger Games. The fact that he had taken out one tessera for his family hadn't made him any less nervous. James crawled out of bed and went to go wake his little sister in her bed across the room. "Wake up, you sleepyhead!" James said halfheartedly. She's so young and innocent. I just hope she's never picked for the Games when she's old enough. James lifted up young Amelia and helped her change. He picked up a small, golden dress off the nightstand and pulled it over her head. "There you go. Now you look like a little princess!"

"Tee hee!" Amelia squealed in delight at being called a princess. She loved nothing more. While Amelia was spinning around the room admiring her dress, James was getting dressed himself. He pulled on a stark yellow dresshirt and sleek black jeans, the same that his father had worn at one of his Reapings. Despite being hand-me-downs, they were in excellent conditon and fit James very well. The two headed down for breakfast of the traditional bread of District 3: square, bite sized loaves made from a mix of imported and tessera grain. As a special treat, his family had even gotten an egg to eat. The four all sat somberly around the table. Not many words were spoken, but the silence weighed heavily upon them. The message was clear from both his parents-good luck.

Lily Evans
District 4
Reaping Day

Lily woke with a jolt. Another nightmare. Ever since her mom had died, she'd kept having the same nightmare about her running through a tunnel, with her mom just on the other side. But she could never reach her in time. Lily pushed the experience out of her mind and went to go get dressed. So, it's finally here. Reaping Day. At least there's one good reason mom is gone: I don't think she could handle seeing me up there. She pulled a deep navy blue dress off of her dresser. It was a strapless gown that she had gotten from the local clothing store that was owned by her freind's mom. She had to trade a string of minnows for it, but in her opinion, it was well worth it. Her dad knocked on the door to her room.

"Come in!" Lily chimed. Mr. Evans walked in the door.

"Sweetheart, you look gorgeous!" He was estatic at how fast her daughter was growing up.

"Thanks dad. It's just that-nothing..." Lily sighed. Normally her dad would've pried a bit, but he knew that she was nervous. They went outside on to the porch for breakfast. Even District 4's fish-shaped rolls that were tinted green with seaweed, normally so delicious in the hot sun, wouldn't cheer Lily up. They sat in silence for a while. "Good luck..." Mr. Evans whispered.

Selene Gregoria
The Capitol
Reaping Day

Selene woke with a jolt as her alarm clock blared the Capitol anthem. She stretched, clearly excited at the fact that the Games were starting soon. Still, Selene felt sorry for the twenty-three unfortunate tributes who would soon be sent into that arena just to die a horrible, gruesome death. But that nagging guilt felt different this year, as this was the first Quarter Quell. A few weeks ago, she had the genius idea for a quarter-centennial special Hunger Games. She had written out hundreds of ideas for Quells, most of them different, horrible variations of the already perverted game that was the Hunger Games. She had written enough ideas to last almost one thousand years. She was very proud of herself, as not only was this year going to be a great reaping, but she thought that the arena idea was especially clever. Of course, everything about this special Hunger Games was a secret to the public. To them it was just another year, trudging away at life.

Selene jumped out of bed, excited to start this Reaping. Being the head Gamemaker, she also had special privileges. She got to make a speech to all of Panem, something she enjoyed with a certain guilt. She was also a Capitol representative, who would travel to a district of her choice. The Capitol representatives had the "honor" of announcing the rules to the tributes in front of each District's Justice Building and such. She had always been a fan of District 2, so she was heading there, as she had for the past twenty-four years.

Selene pulled an emerald green dress over her head, covered in sequins and sparkles that were the norm of Capitol fashion. She then spent another two hours applying gaudy green makeup and jewelry, turning her face into a mask the shade of a Lilligant. In truth, she had spent more on this outfit than most families in Panem spent on food in a whole year. Selene did a few twirls in front of her mirror.
"Don't I look gorgeous, sweetie?" she asked her Liepard. It purred with mild interest, the went back to licking its paw.

"Good luck!" she chimed to herself as she stepped outside, headed for the train station.

Last edited:

WizardTrubbish

much more beastly
Milo Johnson
District 10
Reaping Day

Milo woke up, freaking out, hearing the Capitol national anthem.

He turned off his alarm clock and laughed. His alarm clock woke him up every morning, so why was he freaking out now. Then he remembered; it was reaping day, and he was freaking out.

Ever since his sister died, he had a fear of The Hunger Games, but he could get over it with the knowledge he wouldn’t have to worry about it. But it was different this year. He was twelve today. He was officially eligible for The Hunger Games. Under most circumstances, this wouldn’t be as big a problem as it was today, but this was the first Quarter Quell. People would be voting on whom to send to the Capitol to battle to death. Milo was terrified they’d vote for him.

Nobody knew him, so nobody would care to send him to his death. Milo supposed that was his fault. After all, if he was more social, people would have second thoughts on voting for him.

But nobody knew him, so nobody would care if he went and was killed by one of those brutal Career tributes.

Milo knew this would be the worst birthday ever.

493pkmns

secret suicune
BB19's answer in red
OOC: Two questions and one thing. First, do we have to subscribe? I get by fine without having a subscription. As long as you keep up with everything, I'm fine with no subscriptions Second, how exactly do we find out about the Quarter Quell since apparently it was only thought of a few weeks ago. the Capitol made it a live announcement over TV or something that was required viewing Third, The discussion thread was closed.

Brooke
District 5
Reaping Day

Brooke woke up with a start as the national anthem played announcing the horror that would come later. It was reaping day, the day when a male and female from each and every district would be torn from their homes and thrown into an arena to fight to day the death against each other. Brooke dreaded this day even more this year because her little sister, Sandy, was now eligible for the games. Even worse, this year there would be no volunteers as it was the twenty-fifth Hunger Games and the first Quarter Quell and as this year's Quarter Quell, all the members of the district would vote for the two tributes. Neither her nor Sandy really entertained many friendships and their parents only had a few friends so they couldn't count on very many people to not vote for them. She was planning to vote for Terri, a kid who was in her class for a while, because he stole her lunch every day a year. She got up, dreading every step, and walked over to her closet. She picked out her nicest dress, a simple blue sleeveless dress with a full skirt that fell below the knees, and put it on. she brushed her hair but did not place it in any arrangement, knowing that her mother would fix up her hair before the Reaping. She headed downstairs at the same time as Sandy. as they approached the dinner table, Sandy spoke up.

"I'm afraid, Brooke." She said, her voice trembling "I don't wanna get picked and I don't wanyou to get picked either."

"Dont't worry, just because it's a Quarter Quell, doesn't mean we will get picked." Brooke says, trying to sound reassuring "We don't need to panic. In fact, that's the last thing we should do because that's why the Capital made that up, to make us panic, to mkae us afraid."

She knew that it wouldn't reassure her completely, only her mother could do that. She herself was afraid. Afraid for her sister, afraid for herself but also afraid for what would happen to her parents if she or Sandy was elected.

Last edited:

Ioneos

old geezer
OOC As long as you keep up with everything, I'm fine with no subscriptions. Second, the Capitol made it a live announcement over TV or something that was required viewing. And yes, appearently you need permission to start a discussion thread. :/

iStorm

Alexander "Alex" Ranger
District 7
Reaping Day

Alex Ranger woke with a loud yawn, as he clumsily fumbled his hand around trying to grab whatever had awoken him. He flung back the covers overtop of his Monferno, who had been sitting on his legs trying to wake up his friend. Alex stumbled out of bed and rubbed his hands down his face; he scratched his light stubble and quickly got dressed in his finest clothes. As Alex pulled on his only pair of black trousers and a dark green coloured dress shirt, both previously having belonged to his older brother and his father before that. He rubbed his hand through his hair, brushing it down somewhat before proceeding down to the breakfast table.

Alex entered the room the room, and silence fell. His mother put down the pot of what appeared to have breakfast in it and stared at her second eldest child.
“You look wonderful” she said just as she did every year.
“Alex!” came a shrill cry of excitement. Alex had just enough time to look as he youngest sister, Sally, leaped into his arms, giving him a big hug. Alex couldn’t help but laugh and put Sally down after he turned around.
“Don’t I look pretty?”
“Yes, you look wonderful” Alex said as Sally, who was only 7, twirled in her light green dress. Alex sat down at the table, with a bubbly Sally sitting next to him.
“What’s for breakfast mum?” he said in a deep voice.
“Leftover squirrel stew from last night” came the response a helping of the meal was dropped in Alex’s bowl.

“Hey there!” came another voice. Alex turned around and saw his younger brother Brian walk into the room wearing Alex’s old reaping clothes. Brian was only 2 years younger than Alex. He took a seat opposite Alex and stared down at the table. Alex’s mother served Brian and started a conversation with him about something Alex didn’t catch. Alex began to eat as finally his other younger sister, Maggie entered the room. This would be her first reaping, and Alex couldn’t stop worrying about her even though she would not likely be chosen. Tears streamed down his mother’s face as his mother and Maggie hugged. Alex avoided their gaze and ate in silence, wondering where his older brother and father were.

After finishing, Alex stood up and cleaned his bowl up, “Where’s dad and Mitch?” he finally asked.
“Out hunting” his mother said.
Alex nodded in acknowledgement, of course they would be. He walked to the window in their small house and looked up to the sky. Butterflies fluttered through his stomach as he knew that the reaping was very soon. He paced back and forth as his mother fixed the dresses of his younger sisters, and straightened out Brian’s shirt. Just then a loud sound came through their back door as Alex’s father and Mitch entered their house carrying the game they managed to catch. The two had been laughing about something, but once they caught sight of Alex the fell silent. Everyone could easily tell that Alex was the most nervous.

“Hey son, listen up” his father said, as he strode across the room. He dropped what he was carrying and placed his hands on Alex’s shoulders, “You’re 18, and it’s your last year at the reaping. You’ll be fine”
Alex shook his head back and forth, “You don’t know that dad. I’ve got this bad feeling, and you know how votes always turn out, popularity contests. In this case it will be a unpopularity contest, and I’m not the most popular guy around town. There’s no way they would send a younger child anyway. What if I get chosen?”
His father took in a deep breath and looked into his son’s eye, knowing that he couldn’t argue his point. “Then you make us proud and win the Hunger Games. Got it?”
Alex nodded, a small tear creeping out of his left eye.
“Alright then” Alex’s father said with the clap of his hands, “Me and Mitch will get changed and then we’ll go”

Zangoose1129

The cake is a LIE
Chris Harrison/ District 11

The sun beat down on Chris as he picked the wheat in the field. There were Peacekeepers all around the field because was a normal day to see atempts to flee the district. The reaping was tomarrow and he hated to see someone from his district be thrown into that situation. When the mockingjays sung the song to signal the end of the work day, Chris got searched to see if he stole anything, and ran home to see his pokemon Pichu.

When Chris opened his door, Pichu ran up to him, his father and his sister,Kay, so Chris picked him up and got him some food. Then there was a knock at the door. Chris answered it to it was his best friend,Sarah.

"Hey, did you forget about our plans today?" she said with a scowl on her face, but it went back to her normal smile. Sarah wore her usual grey clothes just like Chris, with her hair tied back into a ponytail.

"Nope I just wanted to get Pichu some food before meeting you," Chris lied. He had made plans to go to the market with Sarah and have some alone time. So then he put on his shoes again and noticed that Sarah's Torchic was standing next to her, so he called his Pichu to come as well.

At the market, everyone was crowding around a stand that was always out at the Reaping time. The man the stand was taking bets on who would get chosen for the games tomarrow. But him and Sarah just had their time in the market and went home.

The day had come and Chris was scared, not for himself but for his sister, because she had just turned twelve and was entered into the reaping. He then took a shower and put on his reaping outfit and went downstaires to find Kay ready in her beautiful purple dress and her semi-long hair drapped down to her shoulders. She looked Chris and said, "How do I look?"

"You look wonderfull," said Chris and then came a knock at the door and without warning Sarah walked in looking beautiful in a gold and silver dress with her hair in a braid.

"Don't say I look pretty or I'll hurt you," Sarah said jokingly, since she didn't like wearing dresses.

"I won't, but it's nice to see you putting in an effort," Chris said.

"Okay, okay," said Chris' father," You just need to eat breakfast now so we can get to the reaping on time."

So they allsat down to eat in silence and when they were done they headed out.

WizardTrubbish

much more beastly
Milo Johnson
District 10
Reaping Day

Milo tried to put the thought out of his mind. What kind of monster would vote for a twelve year old to almost certain death. Nobody was that messed up, even if nobody knew him. He was young, it was his birthday, so why would they do that to him?

Milo started getting ready for the reaping, and he kept think that nobody would send him. It was the only happy thought he had today.

The reapings are always suit and tie formal, so he got out the best clothes he had. After he was dressed, he woke up his best, and only friend, Lickitung.

“Lickitung,” he said “Wake up!”

Lickitung woke with a large yawn and looked at Milo as if to say ‘Just five more minutes!’

“C’mon Lickitung,” Milo said “It’s a big day. Let’s just hope they don’t vote for me.”

Lickitung looked confused.

“Oh, sorry,” Milo said “Forgot you don’t watch the required viewings and I never talk about it. But you know The Hunger Games, right? Well, this year, they’re mixing things up. It won’t be luck of the draw. I wish it was. Then the odds would be in my favor. But today, they’ll be voting to send us. It’s electoral now, not random. And I’m not feeling too lucky.

493pkmns

secret suicune
I am leaving on Thursday the 22 of December. I will be going to Ottawa, then to Florida until sometime between the 9 and the 15 of January. During that time I will have extremely limited internet access but will try to be on hopefully once a day but probably won't be able to be on more than once every two or three days. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Zangoose1129

The cake is a LIE
OOC: Is the person at the reaping who pulls out names Effie Trinket for all districts or only District 12?

493pkmns

secret suicune
Effie Trinket isn't even alive yet in all probability. It is the first Quarter Quell and in the books it was the second so that would mean that twenty five years go by between this and the books and if my memory is accurate, the book said she was very young so if she is alive then she would be very young and not doing that yet. In any case, each district has it's own reaping-name-puller. (Remember that here it is votes though.)

Ioneos

old geezer
493pkmns is correct. Effie is, I estimate, around 40-50 years old in the Hunger Games books, which would put her at -9 to 1 years old at the time of this RP. Note that over a 50 year span, likely all important government people woe have due and changed, and I'm assuming Snow isn't alive/president yet (I think he was the guy with the curly designs on his beard in the trailer forthe movie).

Sorry about not posting guys, a lot of stuff has come up recently. Also, looks like the Christmas deadline is out of the question. Less than half the members have made their OP.