1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

PokeAni Missed Opportunities

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by matt0044, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Navin

Navin MALDREAD

I never said it was perfect, but just a step in the right direction. Hopefully they'll adapt the Aether Foundation/Lillie stuff to a T.

The games...and plushies for kids. Kids may not realize the darkest crud that happens in the games (too busy catching that OP legendary) until it's depicted on television.

2. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

You're asking this when we haven't seen a single drop of blood yet? Lysandre's death was technically a "serious" version of Team Rocket's blasting off gag. He didn't even get injured!

3. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I forgot about Bronzor. That was a real missed opportunity to give one to James. It looks like a freaking bottle cap for crying out loud!

4. AuraChannelerChris

And not even the caps will be touched upon in Alola, since they didn't bother with Super Training even when its own creator traveled with the main character.

Clemont would have easily been the best bro material ever.

5. Frozocrone

Frozocrone Miraculous!

Dude, we can't have Pikachu be Hyper Trained, that will make explaining the Gen 8 soft reset much harder to explain

6. Shadao

Shadao Champion GETTO DA ZE!

Personally, that aspect in games was rushed and had no real story arc or payoff. Many didn't call Team Flare the worst villainous team ever made and Lysandre being so obviously evil that you had to wonder how Sycamore didn't pick it up sooner for nothing. I felt nothing for game Lysandre at all. And the Ultimate Weapon ended up being a glorified laser cannon that somehow causes even less destruction than Zygarde. I'll take the anime story over the games, thank you.

7. matt0044

matt0044 Well-Known Member

You know, they would've done well to have Steven be a Hoenn League Rival for Ash. Have him face his full team and come close but no cigar. At least, we'd see Steven on his way to the championship.

And I'll take Pokemon Special's XY chapter over that, thank you. Seriously, that chapter is insanity itself.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  8. roguedr4g0nite

roguedr4g0nite WishiWashi Trainer

They missed the opportunity to showcase Mega Mewtwo X using the one from the OS. I hope they were saving it for the 20th movie

9. AuraChannelerChris

I could have easily seen a Mega Mewtwo X being the league dream killer from a real Tobias 2.0.

10. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Tsundere Girl

They should have just brought Tobias back if that's the case :p

11. AuraChannelerChris

Not in the generation they said they simply forgot about continuity!

Since they did say that.

12. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Showcases. I think they should've been introduced earlier and Serena should actually have a challenge.

13. AuraChannelerChris

If only to give her team more variety... Seriously? 3 Pokemon?

14. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Tsundere Girl

Its not her fault; they focused way too much on Ash early on. How I wish Ash wasn't in XY :/

15. Navin

Navin MALDREAD

XY is literally the embodiment of missed opportunities.

* Amourshipping: Reached status quo early, and then went nowhere until the last episode.
    * Pokemon Racing: Infinitely more interesting goal than Waifu Wars
    * Clemont and Blaziken Mask/Meyer: No Lumiose City arc where Clemont rescues Blaziken Mask, realizes his father, and vows to be the next B.M. (fulfilling his bravery goal)
    * Gangster Malamar: Where tf did they go?!??
    * Goodra Vietnam PTSD arc: Resolved too quickly, and without much effort from Ash. Could have been something on par with Ash/Charizard and Ash/Infernape.
    * Continuity: How do you just forget about continuity? Even BW, with its egregious 'reset' (that was thankfully gone in XY and SM it seems), had continuity.

16. AuraChannelerChris

I think that is something S&M would try giving it a shot with how zany this opportunity is...

The guy with the questionable outfit next to the huge continuity-bait Charizard was too distracting.

17. matt0044

matt0044 Well-Known Member

Why was Meyer a superhero to begin with? Like... did he just get bored and decided to jump around in a bad Batman ripoff?

18. AuraChannelerChris

Somebody had to have a M-Blaziken to them, I guess.

And no, nobody say Gurkkin. Otherwise that would go against their sacred lineage to their specific line.

19. Shadao

Shadao Champion GETTO DA ZE!

Why not? If he's going to protect his kids from harm, he better be a lot more athletic. Besides, it's one of those things we have come to accept in the Pokémon World. Just like how some superheroes don't really need an origin story to understand why they are doing it.

20. AuraChannelerChris

Aren't those wasted characters.