1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

PokeAni Missed Opportunities

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by matt0044, Dec 24, 2016.

1. matt0044

matt0044 Well-Known Member

Why not? It'd be straight from the games, handed to them on a silver platter.

In my opinion, Korrina should've been Ash's companion full time especially if they weren't going to do much with Clemont. Hell, it feels like they wanted to but there was a major divide between the writers.

Bonnie was good with her storyline with Squishy for what it's worth.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  2. AdvancedGenGenesect

AdvancedGenGenesect Well-Known Member

Hey duds my pick for a missed opportunity is the fact that they couldve shown more adventures ash went through in kanto since it only had 80 episodes.

even though they handled the eighty episodes gerat overall i think the kanto saga was great in quality but it may have lacked in quantity of stories.

3. AdvancedGenGenesect

AdvancedGenGenesect Well-Known Member

Hey duds my pick for a missed opportunity is the fact that they couldve shown more adventures ash went through in kanto since it only had 80 episodes.

even though they handled the eighty episodes gerat overall i think the kanto saga was great in quality but it may have lacked in quantity of stories.

4. PokeStarWash

PokeStarWash Member

Missed opportunities? You mean besides Ash not winning a league? HA!

Johto
    -Should never have scrapped the GS ball
    -Ho-oh should've been given a proper showing instead of showing up randomly for all of two seconds
    -Raikou doesn't really show up

Hoenn
    -Swablu should've stayed with May
    -Max should've been given a pokémon. Ralts would've been good and a good learning experience on how tough being a trainer really is.

Sinnoh
    -Ambipom should've stayed
    -Dawn should've been able to beat Zoey at least once
    -ASH SHOULD'VE WON THE LEAGUE!!!

Unova
    -Ash's skill should never have been reset
    -Iris should've either have her game personality instead of being given a Misty type role or been Ash's rival that showed up every now and again
    -Pikachu never should have been reset
    -Oshawott should've evolved
    -Axew should've evolved
    -Instead of Dragonite, Iris should've received Deino and then evolved it
    -ASH SHOULD'VE NEVER LOST AGAINST CAMERON, AND CERTAINLY NOT IN THAT FASHION!!!
    There's a lot more, but I'll stop right here.

Kalos
    -Ash's team should've been better balanced. Don't get me wrong, all of them were strong but three to four of them all had the same weakness. 3 had weakness to ice, 3 had weakness to electricity, and 4 had weakness to fairy.
    -Instead of using only his Kalos team, Ash should've brought back his 'mons from previous seasons. Charizard Y should've been given to Ash.
    -More Full battles should've been shown during the course of the league. Ash vs Astrid rematch should've been shown in its entirety!
    -Ash should've won the league or at least tied with Alain and have battle suspended while the whole Team Flare thing was going on.
    -The Team Flare arc shouldn't have been more important than the league itself.

5. matt0044

Yeah, I can't help but feel like they should've tied in the Grand Festival with zero points by the end to show that Dawn is on Zoey's level.

6. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

Didn't Dawn beat Zoey at the Wallace Conference?

7. Frozocrone

Frozocrone Miraculous!

By the laws of transitive properties.

8. matt0044

Wasn't that May?

9. martianmister

martianmister Well-Known Member

It was May.

10. AuraChannelerChris

I'm proud that a previous main character defeated the unbeatable.

11. Sprinter1988

Sprinter1988 Well-Known Member

Personally, I think that they should have introduced trainer tiers a long time ago - it never made sense to me that at the league Ash, having already gone through multiple regions, can end up facing off against someone who has only just completed their first region. Similarly, the earlier gym battles in each region can seem kind of forced - like we're supposed to believe that after battling Brock and Roxanne, Roark's Geodude is meant to be a tough opponent.
    I would have preferred to see Ash take on Hilda as a protege. In this way he grows into a more responsible character while facing tougher challenges than her. By this I mean, at the Striaton Gym, Hilda could have faced Panpour, Pansear and Pansage, while Ash's greater experience as a trainer is acknowledged by him having to battle Simipour, Simisear and Simisage. And then when they get to Lenora's gym, Hilda faces Watchog and Herdier, Ash battles Watchog, Stoutland, Audino and Cinccino.
    Unova would have been the best region for this to occur because there were so many gym leaders that Ash and Hilda would not have needed to battle all the same ones - near the end, Ash's seventh and eighth battles could have been Brycen and Marlon while Hilda had Roxie and Drayden.

Yep. This should have happened. I get the feeling that, unless the games present the writers with a tough female character for Ash to battle (such as a gym leader) Ash just doesn't face tough female opponents anymore. Katie in the Hoenn League is the most recent one that I can think of that was in any way a threat. She had no reason to be there, and there certainly was no real reason to show the full battle, but they did and personally I think the Ash-Katie battle is the most memorable battle of the entire Hoenn league.
    I was hoping that with Astrid they would bring back her Mega Absol, Pyroar and Meowstic, give her a Chesnaught (because let's face it, while there were a few Chepsin turning up everywhere, Quilladin and Chesnaught were rather under-represented in the anime) and then something like Granbull and Dragalge to round out her team.

12. matt0044

Again, Hilda as a rival.

13. AuraChannelerChris

Heaven be torn asunder if Ash has to have a female rival that appears constantly.

That's what they think.

14. Halolady

Halolady walking on eggshells

Lol, I wonder if this is likewise for the other series. As in, the most loved sagas tend to have the most hated games, and vice-versa XD

15. Jabberwock

Jabberwock Member

lol Well, I liked DP anime more than the game, but that doesn't mean it was bad. A little boring compared to Hoenn IMO, but still a very good game. And Kanto had a great game and anime as well, so there's that.

The only other example I could think of is Johto, where the anime sucked and the game was great.

16. matt0044

Because the games never had anything of the sort like May when Brendan's selected or Serena when Calem's selected. Hell, Bianca herself was just that whether or not she was challenging Gyms herself. As I recall, the Anime are suppose to showcase what the games have to offer.

17. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

They could always have done something with Musicals or Battle Subway with Hilda, if they didn't want to make her a rival.
    She'd have been a million times better a main character than Iris no matter what her goal though.

18. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Tsundere Girl

There's always a chance that Hilda would have been handled worse than Iris though to be completely honest.

19. Janovy

Janovy Banned

Yeah.

Assuming Hilda would have been definitely treated better than Iris is a huge assumption.

20. PokeStarWash

PokeStarWash Member

I always wondered if the Best Wishes simply hated Ash. A major problems stemmed from how badly his character was treated. It makes me wonder how Iris and Trip would've been if he was treated like he was in Diamond and Pearl.