• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeAni Missed Opportunities

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Exactly. Personally, I feel like they could've had Oshawott evolve into Dewott only if nothing else and have him be a beast in battle but a total cutie otherwise. I mean, c'mon, don't tell me that pouty face isn't adorable.

I guess it was somehow more productive to them to just have both lines being very recurrent.

I swear, Dewott showed a lot during Unova.

matt0044

Missed PokeAni opportunities?

How about not having Steven and Wallace in the same frame at all? Like not even in Generations? You'd think for a region with two champions that they'd appear together at some point, but one was a CotD until XY and the other didn't appear until Sinnoh, both being completely separate events that don't even have anything to do with being the champion. And Wallace didn't even get to battle!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Not doing the intended GS Ball plot with Celebi. They could've led up to the fourth movie like with Mewtwo and/or done something similar to Meloetta more than a decade in advance. I wonder if Meloetta was in part them realizing they made a missed opportunity

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Making the Kalos League more than just a set up for the Team Flare arc (even if it is very good), Ash, Alain and Sawyer does not need to get the lion's share of the attention while everyone else is basically ignored.

Not including the Pokemon World Tournament in the final parts of Ash's journey in Unova, the nature of the tournament could be a perfect opportunity for characters from past series to make a brief reappearance.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Of the top of my head:

-GS Ball plot in Johto
-Misty winning the Whirl Cup thereby displaying progress in her prowess with Water Pokémon
-Ash winning the SL due to the CL build
-BW having a new protagonist (derived from the last 1)
-Original TR vs TP (I understand where they're coming from, but still)
-Axew evolving
-MC-X falling instead of A-G in the final scene of Ash vs Alain KL

matt0044

Missed PokeAni opportunities?

How about not having Steven and Wallace in the same frame at all? Like not even in Generations? You'd think for a region with two champions that they'd appear together at some point, but one was a CotD until XY and the other didn't appear until Sinnoh, both being completely separate events that don't even have anything to do with being the champion. And Wallace didn't even get to battle!

Hell, it'd be cool if, after Emerald made Wallace Champion, Steven was made into Ash's League Rival and defeated him before advancing to the Elite Four. It's a thought.

matt0044

Speaking of Wallace, why didn't they use Lisia for the Performances? You'd think that she'd make a nice rival for Serena. Maybe alter her to be a real catty b-tch in the vein of Ursula.

matt0044

Because Aria was already created before Lisia became a thing.

Doesn't the Anime get to show off future Pokemon and characters? Remember Alexa and Gogoat?

On another note:

In regards to Hunter J's... departure, I give the TV show props for show actual on-screen death with little ambiguity and no resurrections of any kind and I’m surprised even the dub left it untouched (then again, it’s not done by 4kids who would’ve said everyone was transported to Azelf’s dimension in the whirlpool).

However, the problem is that it happens… and that’s it. No follow-up, no future consequence, she just shows up, gets the Lake Trio and *BOOM* dead. It feels like the writers just threw up their hands and said, “let’s just kill her off for the hell of it.”

And the real kicker is that they could’ve at least given her a proper send off in a future episode (in place of one of the fillers ahead) where Ash manages to defeat her and help bring her to justice. She was a darn great villain. Why the heck did they just drop her in the trash like some dirty rag?

I don’t hate it, I don’t love it. It’s just… confusing.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I would have preferred they delve further into the whole "Carolina is totally into Cyrus" detail. She could have been Alain before there was Alain, someone pulled into the villain's plan and seeing genuine good in it.

Of course that would have hinged on them giving a crap about that whole storyline but hey.

Re: J, 4Kids didn't shy away from death in this series. They killed off plenty of characters and established it pretty well. Why they avoided it in some other series is beyond me.

matt0044

RedJirachi

Veteran member

matt0044

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
They couldn't say that it was an accident during a sparring match?

Again, their censoring options were the most idiotic censoring moves I've ever seen when it came to One Piece, from completely replacing a huge whale for...an iceberg (with said whale not being completely random and ending up being a whole LOT important later on), renaming characters,

...whatever that thing on the left is, important items being randomly found, arcs being skipped (which, again, would hold importance later on), and of course super lethal Pokemon-like attacks leaving no blood behind. To be honest, One Piece is clearly aimed at an older audience, and 4Kids tried to...well, make it 4Kids.

I don't think Pokemon suffers from this, except for the fact the dialogue and spoken lines are altered. Japanese Ash has more emotion and says lines that would come out of a 10-year old (strange plot structure and character development aside), but dubbed Ash is almost a robot or a very genki kid with lines that should belong to an adult (which you can clearly compare when he was stuck with Lysandre and Alain on a tower for 3 episodes).

Last edited:
The biggest missed opportunity for me was the league. They should have made Ash win the league and go to Alola as a vaca.

Yes I'm still ******* salty