• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeAni Missed Opportunities

Navin

MALDREAD
Guess it was too dark to adapt like with OG Team Plasma.

I never said it was perfect, but just a step in the right direction. Hopefully they'll adapt the Aether Foundation/Lillie stuff to a T.

It's weird how the games can somehow get away with the darkest crud only for the Anime to barely touch any of it or worse. Aren't the games suppose to be advertised by the Anime itself?

The games...and plushies for kids. Kids may not realize the darkest crud that happens in the games (too busy catching that OP legendary) until it's depicted on television.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's weird how the games can somehow get away with the darkest crud only for the Anime to barely touch any of it or worse. Aren't the games suppose to be advertised by the Anime itself?

You're asking this when we haven't seen a single drop of blood yet? Lysandre's death was technically a "serious" version of Team Rocket's blasting off gag. He didn't even get injured!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I forgot about Bronzor. That was a real missed opportunity to give one to James. It looks like a freaking bottle cap for crying out loud!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I forgot about Bronzor. That was a real missed opportunity to give one to James. It looks like a freaking bottle cap for crying out loud!

And not even the caps will be touched upon in Alola, since they didn't bother with Super Training even when its own creator traveled with the main character.

Clemont would have easily been the best bro material ever.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
And not even the caps will be touched upon in Alola, since they didn't bother with Super Training even when its own creator traveled with the main character.

Clemont would have easily been the best bro material ever.

Dude, we can't have Pikachu be Hyper Trained, that will make explaining the Gen 8 soft reset much harder to explain

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Except for the part about completely discarding Lysandre's ancestry story, which also effectively destroyed AZ, which also effectively destroyed the Ultimate Weapon, which also effectively creamed Eternal Floette, which also creamed any focus on Xerneas/Yveltal, which also made Geosenge Town not have any real focus.

Guess it was too dark to adapt like with OG Team Plasma.

Personally, that aspect in games was rushed and had no real story arc or payoff. Many didn't call Team Flare the worst villainous team ever made and Lysandre being so obviously evil that you had to wonder how Sycamore didn't pick it up sooner for nothing. I felt nothing for game Lysandre at all. And the Ultimate Weapon ended up being a glorified laser cannon that somehow causes even less destruction than Zygarde. I'll take the anime story over the games, thank you.

matt0044

At least they put Steven into the Team Flare Arc... I remember at the time being like "he is totally thinking "B***hes I am finally getting my Karma for being reduced to CotD in AG! Come at me!"" But it still disappointed me that it took 13 years before he actually appeared in the main anime again. Not to mention how they completely screwed over Wallace too...

You know, they would've done well to have Steven be a Hoenn League Rival for Ash. Have him face his full team and come close but no cigar. At least, we'd see Steven on his way to the championship.

I'll take the anime story over the games, thank you.

And I'll take Pokemon Special's XY chapter over that, thank you. Seriously, that chapter is insanity itself.

Last edited:

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
They missed the opportunity to showcase Mega Mewtwo X using the one from the OS. I hope they were saving it for the 20th movie

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Showcases. I think they should've been introduced earlier and Serena should actually have a challenge.

Navin

MALDREAD
XY is literally the embodiment of missed opportunities.

* Amourshipping: Reached status quo early, and then went nowhere until the last episode.
* Pokemon Racing: Infinitely more interesting goal than Waifu Wars
* Clemont and Blaziken Mask/Meyer: No Lumiose City arc where Clemont rescues Blaziken Mask, realizes his father, and vows to be the next B.M. (fulfilling his bravery goal)
* Gangster Malamar: Where tf did they go?!??
* Goodra Vietnam PTSD arc: Resolved too quickly, and without much effort from Ash. Could have been something on par with Ash/Charizard and Ash/Infernape.
* Continuity: How do you just forget about continuity? Even BW, with its egregious 'reset' (that was thankfully gone in XY and SM it seems), had continuity.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
* Clemont and Blaziken Mask/Meyer: No Lumiose City arc where Clemont rescues Blaziken Mask, realizes his father, and vows to be the next B.M. (fulfilling his bravery goal)

I think that is something S&M would try giving it a shot with how zany this opportunity is...

* Continuity: How do you just forget about continuity? Even BW, with its egregious 'reset' (that was thankfully gone in XY and SM it seems), had continuity.

The guy with the questionable outfit next to the huge continuity-bait Charizard was too distracting.

matt0044

Why was Meyer a superhero to begin with? Like... did he just get bored and decided to jump around in a bad Batman ripoff?

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Why was Meyer a superhero to begin with? Like... did he just get bored and decided to jump around in a bad Batman ripoff?

Why not? If he's going to protect his kids from harm, he better be a lot more athletic. Besides, it's one of those things we have come to accept in the Pokémon World. Just like how some superheroes don't really need an origin story to understand why they are doing it.